Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 3 4 5 6 7  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today?
slorey 07:51 AM 06-05-2013
Dcg, 4, was very quiet during breakfast. When she realized she hadn't said much in a few minutes she said to me "want to know what I am thinking of? I was thinking of my 2 boyfriends, Spencer and Andrew. I am going to date them when I get older."
sally 12:45 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
I love to hear kid versions of popular songs. DCB(3) was singing "Gangnam Style" or in his version, "OrangeGreen Gangdum star".
This morning while young dd and dcb were eating breakfast which included sliced banana, my older dd was singing "Banana Style" to "Gangnam Style"
Luna 04:37 PM 06-05-2013
I made a book nook from a playpen (did I get that idea from this board?) and my dcb4 went right in there to lay horse eggs.
Patches 10:21 AM 06-06-2013
So today my in laws are coming to pick my boys for the weekend (they live about 2 hours away). Last night we weretalking about them going and DH said, "Are you going to miss Daddy?" and my older DS (5) said, "I'm gonna miss Daddy" then he leaned over to me and said, "I like to call Daddy, Miss Daddy" Just like he calls my assisstant and me Miss So&So during daycare time.

Josiegirl 04:39 AM 06-11-2013
I have an extremely verbal 2 1/2 yo little girl. I swear she's been talking from the day she turned one. She's not much of a napper and I keep her on a mat right beside me during quiet time. She chatters a blue streak the whole time and no amount of shushing is going to keep her quiet. I give her books, puzzles, etc. Yesterday after saying sssh for the umpteenth time, she says "I don't come here just to be quiet you know".
Oh boy
Lefse&Kids 12:14 PM 06-24-2013
watching a 20 month old (who no longer gets a paci) "correct" a 4 month old by taking the paci out of the baby's mouth, pat the baby's tummy, then give me the pacifier and then point to the "offender".
2 young 2 feel this old 02:43 PM 06-27-2013
After quiet time I play music, today an upbeat song (from disney) was on and DCG2 starts dancing TOO CUTE! I look over again and her shirt is off and her hips are gyrating I asked her what she was doing and she said "I dancing" I shared the story laughingly with DCM and she explained the she and DCD were flipping through channels and a popular movie came on with some questionable dance moves in it, they didn't think DCG was really watching until she stared mimicing the moves. I think we will stick with nursery rhymes to end quiet time for awhile.
BumbleBee 01:26 PM 06-28-2013
My dck are currently pretending they're amish pirates. No lack of imagination here.
Josiegirl 03:44 PM 06-28-2013
I caught 6 yo dcb picking up 13 month old girl and I get nervous about things like that so the conversation went like this:
Me: Dcb, you need to ask permission first.
Dcb: I did.
Me: I didn't hear you?
Dcb: I didn't ask you. I asked her(pointing to 13 month dcg.)
Lefse&Kids 10:53 AM 07-02-2013
My son goes to a dcb with this stick contstructed contraption thingy and says (very well pronounced)"...this is a zzzvuujukkenjvuuzill".... seriously, this word was on purpose. I asked him to repeat it and he said no.

He then asks me where I want him to play. I suggest on the couch next to me and he says.... "umm, I don't want to be next to you.." oh motherhood..
Blackcat31 01:44 PM 07-03-2013
As I am putting peanut butter on a few bagels for snack, DCG age 5 says "Are there peanuts in that? I don't like anything with nuts."

I say "Um, it's peanut butter...it's made from nuts"

She says "Oh okay. Well I love peanut butter."

I say "But I thought you said you don't like anything with nuts?"

She says "I don't."

Scout 04:42 PM 07-10-2013
Me to ds, 2 yo, "Did you poop?"
him, "no, Spiderman did!"
Childminder 08:15 PM 07-14-2013
Sooo...Sam(3) is watching the Land Before Time and sees a Brontosaurus and T-Rex fight. "Gramma, did you ever see dinosaurs fight?" "No I haven't" I reply. "Well I thought cause you lived a long time ago and are really old, you might have." Thanks Sam, I love you too.
BumbleBee 06:02 AM 07-15-2013
Originally Posted by Childminder:
Sooo...Sam(3) is watching the Land Before Time and sees a Brontosaurus and T-Rex fight. "Gramma, did you ever see dinosaurs fight?" "No I haven't" I reply. "Well I thought cause you lived a long time ago and are really old, you might have." Thanks Sam, I love you too.

My dck think my mom rode to school on a brontosaurus. She told them that as a joke when they commented on how old she was. Unfortunately, they believed her.
Sunchimes 12:54 PM 07-29-2013
My cats love the dcks and spend most of the day being stepped on, tripped over, spit up on, drooled on, and loved. They have little plastic balls that I usually keep hidden because they are too small for the babies to find. However, one recently surfaced and my cat and dcg are playing fetch. They started this game about the time she learned to walk (she's nearly 3 now), and whenever Kitty finds one of his toys, it starts up again. DCG throws the ball down the hall, Kitty leaps over the gate and runs after it while the kids squeal, then Kitty runs back to the gate, leaps over it into the playroom and drops the ball at dcg's feet. Repeat endlessly. That wonderful cat can keep all of the kids entertained for 20 minutes at a time by fetching that ball. I need to keep the camera handy to do a video before the ball "goes missing" again.
GrannyJ 02:31 PM 07-29-2013
dcg4- GrannyJ I have a brain and you have a brain.

Me- Yes, everyone has a brain.

dcg- No, my mommy says the peoples at her work don't have a brain!!!
daycarediva 02:45 PM 07-29-2013
I always lay the kids down in the nap room, read them their stories, do tuck in's, put on music and sit down to complete paperwork on the laptop until everyone falls asleep. Today I had already finished my paperwork, so I got out my ipad and was going to play angry birds.

dcb: "Miss ***** you doing your paperwork?"
me: "Yes dcb, now shhhh it's rest time."
dcb: "I CALL BS! YOU'RE PLAYING ANGRY BIRDS!"

I almost peed my pants trying not to laugh at him. He still doesn't quite get why 'BS' is a naughty word.
Lyss 10:00 PM 07-29-2013
DCG (3.5) was playing with the toy laptop on the table and talking on the play cell phone after random chatting and "work" DCG sighs heavily and says:

"Uh I said no! Jeez I'm so tired of doing your timesheets for you" and pretends to hang up the phone "My job is so fust trading, i need a vacation"

BumbleBee 06:18 AM 07-30-2013
Me: Dcb go potty please.

Dcb: My p*n*s no hassa go potty. See, I ask him... *looks down at his p*n*s* and says "p*n*s, you hassa go potty?" *raises voice a few notes* "oh no, I no hassa go potty!" Dcb looks at me and goes "see, he say no."

I was rofl. And yes, I did make him go potty, despite what his p*n*s said.
CedarCreek 11:48 AM 08-01-2013
I have one DCB in particular that repeats a lot of what he hears (Mom insisted he learned "shut up" from my house. He ABSOLUTELY did not.)

Yesterday, he came into the living room singing. I started to listen to hear what the song was:

DCB: "I put my hand up on yo hip, then I dip, you dip, we dip!"

Me: "No, thank you! I love your singing but please pick another song!"

Yeah, he hears all the bad things from my house
Blackcat31 08:20 AM 08-02-2013
How cute is this? Went to change a poopy diaper and saw the baby had one of these on. Finally a print/pattern that says it line it is!!!! Lol!!!
Childminder 08:38 AM 08-02-2013
Aunt Cheri! The fairies were here! I found part of their zipper!
DCG4 ran up to me with a tiny finding off of a necklace. I wish they'd been here, and their friends the elves. My house could use a good cleaning.
CedarCreek 09:48 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
How cute is this? Went to change a poopy diaper and saw the baby had one of these on. Finally a print/pattern that says it line it is!!!! Lol!!!
That is cute!
daycarediva 10:36 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
I have one DCB in particular that repeats a lot of what he hears (Mom insisted he learned "shut up" from my house. He ABSOLUTELY did not.)

Yesterday, he came into the living room singing. I started to listen to hear what the song was:

DCB: "I put my hand up on yo hip, then I dip, you dip, we dip!"

Me: "No, thank you! I love your singing but please pick another song!"

Yeah, he hears all the bad things from my house
My dcg's new favorite is now "Up all night to get lucky" she was freaking out that dcg learned to say POOPY here (in context, no less) and I just laughed at her this morning. "Getting lucky is good, poopy is bad. I'll keep that in mind dcm."
Lyss 01:30 PM 08-14-2013
DCG (3) informed me today that she wants to be a nun when she gets to be a "giant growned up" so she can "wear pajamas all day"

The Sound of Music is her current favorite movie (she's only allowed to watch the first 1/2 half, no Nazi parts yet)

Later she threw a fit and had to sit away from the group to calm down, in between sobs I hear her quietly singing:
"Raindrop roses" *sob* "whiskers on kitties" *sob* "when I'm feeling sad" *deep breath* "I 'member my favorite things and then I don't feel bad" *another deep breath" "Ok Lyss! I'm done crying"
daycarediva 03:33 PM 08-14-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
DCG (3) informed me today that she wants to be a nun when she gets to be a "giant growned up" so she can "wear pajamas all day"

The Sound of Music is her current favorite movie (she's only allowed to watch the first 1/2 half, no Nazi parts yet)

Later she threw a fit and had to sit away from the group to calm down, in between sobs I hear her quietly singing:
"Raindrop roses" *sob* "whiskers on kitties" *sob* "when I'm feeling sad" *deep breath* "I 'member my favorite things and then I don't feel bad" *another deep breath" "Ok Lyss! I'm done crying"
adorable!
Sunshine74 07:55 PM 08-14-2013

Awwww.

P.S. I love that movie too!
Laurel 02:27 AM 08-17-2013
I had two funny comments from my 7 year old granddaughter today.

I had some frozen entrees and she said all 3 looked good and she couldn't decide. Then she did eeny, meany, miney, mo to decide. I mentioned something about it is sometimes hard to make decisions. She said "I find that eeny, meany, miney, mo is a good way to make decisions."

Later we were doing abstract art while the little ones were napping. I was frustrated because mine weren't coming out like I wanted them to. I told her I wasn't very good at art. She said "Grandma, it is abstract art. You don't have to be good."

Out of the mouth of babes....

Laurel
Laurel 02:29 AM 08-17-2013

That is so sweet!

Laurel
Lefse&Kids 02:36 PM 08-19-2013
I am sitting and talking to one of my dcg's who's 6 yrs old. Our conversation goes as such....

Her- "I get up really early, like 10 o'clock. Well, that's not super early. I used to have to get up at 20 o'clock. THAT was early."
Me- "oh, that sounds very early. I like to sleep so that's too early for me"
Her- "Yea, your probably like my mom. She sleeps in really really really really late. Like super o'clock."
Me- "Yea , that sounds like me" (trying not to laugh at this point)
Her- "yea but when I go to school I'll have to get up at 12:30 o'clock"
Me- "sounds like you'll need to get some good sleep"
Her- "yea, I guess"

I wish I had a recorder.
blandino 11:03 PM 08-19-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Those are from The Honest Co.

I LOVE them. In the least disgusting way possible, I HATE throwing them away.

https://www.honest.com/baby/honest-diapers
Sunchimes 12:54 PM 08-20-2013
We had to have our dog put to sleep this morning. DCG asked where they were going and I simply said that Babe was sick and going to the doctor. When husband came home later, she asked where Babe was. I really didn't want to get into this too much-she just turned 3--so I said that she didn't live with us anymore, she had gone to Heaven to live with Jesus.

She accepted it and moved on. A little later, out of the blue, she said "Babe went to Heaven to eat Cheetos." I started to correct her, then I realized that eating Cheetos would have been Babe's idea of Heaven, so I just nodded and moved on.
Patches 01:34 PM 08-20-2013
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
We had to have our dog put to sleep this morning. DCG asked where they were going and I simply said that Babe was sick and going to the doctor. When husband came home later, she asked where Babe was. I really didn't want to get into this too much-she just turned 3--so I said that she didn't live with us anymore, she had gone to Heaven to live with Jesus.

She accepted it and moved on. A little later, out of the blue, she said "Babe went to Heaven to eat Cheetos." I started to correct her, then I realized that eating Cheetos would have been Babe's idea of Heaven, so I just nodded and moved on.
Sorry for your loss. Those little ones sure have a way of brightening up a sad time, though
MyAngels 07:38 PM 08-23-2013
My 15 month old gdd was recently babbling very vocally to my nearly 5 year old DCB, to which he replied, "I can't understand Baby Girl, I forgot all my baby words."
tootieb 01:23 PM 08-26-2013
Almost 3 year old girl telling me about her two cats at home (they don't have cats), one is Tim, he's blue and Sandy is purple! Well of course they are, lol!
Blackcat31 01:29 PM 08-26-2013
Community college courses started today here.

DCM comes in this morning and says "Wow, I don't think we've ever been the first ones here before."

Her DD (age 4) looks up at here and promptly replies "Mom, I don't think we've ever been on time before."

She is usually scheduled for mid-morning drop off but is late on a daily basis... so I literally had to step aside so DCM didn't see me get coffee up my nose from stifling a laugh.
BumbleBee 08:23 AM 10-22-2013
4 yo dcg was eating some fresh picked raspberries for snack. She picks one up, stares at it with a confused look and says "Raspberries have HAIR???"
BumbleBee 08:25 AM 10-22-2013
I was talking to my mom about making an appt for bloodwork to check my thyroid.

Dcb (2) goes "what's a thyroid?"

Dcg (4) responds "THIS is a thyroid" as she pats her thigh.
Jamie 09:05 AM 10-23-2013
Twins, 1.5 years old, play in front of the kitchen near the hall while I am at the kitchen table slicing fruit for snack.
One twin toddles in, looks at me and breaks out in laughter. Runs to his brother and shouts "dadaiDAT!!!" Both toddler into the kitchen, look at me, laugh out loud and run out into the hall where they keep laughing.

So glad you're having fun with me boys, but... What...?
Blackcat31 12:24 PM 10-23-2013
I have a pineapple sitting on the counter.

DCB age 3.5 runs up to it.

Looks curiously at it.

and says "Aha! I found you Sponge Bob!"

Then runs off to play!
mamac 07:19 AM 10-24-2013
My dh crashed our car last week and I was talking to the appraiser about the next steps to getting my car repaired. We talked for a few minutes and as he hung up the phone he said, "Love you. Bye." I wish I could have seen his face when he realized he had just said that to a complete stranger.
Blackcat31 09:01 AM 10-24-2013
Three of my DCG's are sitting at the table drawing. (Ages 3, 4 and 4)

The oldest 4 yr old says "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

The middle 4 yr old says "So he can play at the park."

The 3 yr old says "Well wasn't his mom watching him? How did he get by the road without her? He is going to lose his outdoor time for sure!"

The oldest one (who asked the question) said "He crossed to the road so he could married. He doesn't have to ask his mom anything."

SSWonders 09:11 AM 10-25-2013
Me to no one in particular: "I hate it when the toys get under the chair."

2.5 yr old in a sing song voice: "Thanks for sharing!"
Luna 10:48 AM 10-25-2013
Originally Posted by mamac:
My dh crashed our car last week and I was talking to the appraiser about the next steps to getting my car repaired. We talked for a few minutes and as he hung up the phone he said, "Love you. Bye." I wish I could have seen his face when he realized he had just said that to a complete stranger.

I wonder if he's posting his funny story to an appraiser's forum???
Kimskiddos 07:42 AM 10-30-2013
Oh the conversations we have as child care providers.

I am in the bathroom this morning.
3yo dcg "Miss Kim are you in the potty?"
Me "Yes, I'm using the potty."
3yo dcg "Miss Kim are you going poop?"
Me "Yes, I'm going poop."
3yo dcg "Do you need any help?" (Made me laugh, been known to ask them this.)
Me "No thank you I'm fine, just washing my hands."

My bathroom is not in my playroom so of course this conversation was somewhat yelled across the house.
Luna 09:11 AM 10-30-2013
I heard my neighbour telling her little guy, "No! Don't lick the porch!" I said to her, "Things you never thought you'd say!"
_Dana_ 09:56 PM 11-02-2013
Convo between my son and dkg last week, both 3yo:

My son: I'm a big boy!
DKG: Oh yea? I'm a big girl.
My son: Well....I'm a big boy.
DKG: So. I'm a big girl....see I'll show you.

(Now I'm thinking "oh, no! What are they going to do?! What is she going to show???" ...but I just stand back to see what happens. I'm glad that I did!)

She stands up and flexes her arms.
He flexes his arms too.
My son and DKG: We're both big kids!

(Whew!) I let out a sigh of relief, laugh and shared the convo with DKG's mother at pick-up. She lol'ed and shared it on FB.
AcornMama 09:47 AM 12-11-2013
Having lunch, dcb just looked up at me and said, "How about some cheesecake?"

Hey, yeah, good idea, dcb! I'll just whip up a cheesecake!
CedarCreek 09:49 AM 12-11-2013
Originally Posted by AcornMama:
Having lunch, dcb just looked up at me and said, "How about some cheesecake?"

Hey, yeah, good idea, dcb! I'll just whip up a cheesecake!
So when you get around to that, can I have some??
Blackcat31 09:59 AM 12-11-2013
I KNEW I heard someone mention cheesecake!

I'll have a slice too!
AcornMama 10:09 AM 12-11-2013
If only today was going well enough to allow time for cheesecake making. And to have friends to share it with, that'd be wonderful! Sigh.
Luna 04:25 PM 12-16-2013
This morning dcb3 lifted his nose in the air, sniffed, and said "I smell something private!"
What in the world???
NeedaVaca 08:06 AM 12-18-2013
A DCB was trying to push my toy bins in but was pushing towards the top and it's a material type bin so it wasn't going in, I kept saying push it on the bottom, push the bottom part, etc. Next thing I know he turns around and pushes it in with HIS bottom lol.
daycarediva 12:00 PM 12-18-2013
I brought snow in to allow it to melt so that the kids could see all of the dirt in it. DCG said "A little dirt never hurt anyone."

touché, little one. I haven't said a word about snow eating since.
BumbleBee 02:46 PM 12-18-2013
Never mind, wrong thread!
Sunshine74 11:08 AM 01-09-2014
DCB was pointing and looking up at the ceiling. I looked up but didn't see anything so I said, "DCB, what are you looking at, what do you see?" He looked at me, held up his finger and said, "My finger in the air." Smh.
Sunshine74 09:08 PM 01-13-2014
One of the preschool teachers is pregnant- due at the end of the month. Well, DCG 4 said to her the other day, "Miss_____ when that baby comes out, it's gonna hurt!"
Blackcat31 02:28 PM 01-16-2014
DCG age 4 (new 4) says to her friends "I don't really feel good. There's a disco in my brain and a party in my tummy"
Luna 07:19 AM 01-17-2014
DCG walked in on dcb as he was getting on the potty. "Nice bum. My dad has that bum too."
MotherNature 09:16 AM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by Luna:
DCG walked in on dcb as he was getting on the potty. "Nice bum. My dad has that bum too."

Sunshine74 05:32 PM 01-21-2014
Not daycare related, but kid related.

We were having an easy (video/review) day for the first grade religion class I teach, because I'm sick. So we were playing Jeopardy for review. I told each group to choose a kind of candy for their group name, and what did one group insist on choosing? Dum-Dum's.

P.S. The Dum-Dum's won
Sunchimes 07:12 PM 01-21-2014
Dcg 3.5 had the grandmommy of tantrums at lunch today. I'm not even sure what started it, but it was a doozy. As quickly as it started, it was over, and she was chattering and eating her lunch. Suddenly, she said, "It's good to have me nice again." Hmm, ya think?
Cat Herder 02:42 PM 01-27-2014
DCB just told his Dad that "Mrs. Cat Herder crashed my head on the floor."

DCD looked at me with

I , held up one finger, walked down the hall for 5 seconds and returned with DCB's "All about Me" poster.... A colored in outline of him.

****The one that fell off the wall as we lined up to leave the playroom.... ****

DCB points and says "See the tape is all ripped now!!!! _____ (<sibling) tore it down!"

Sibling "I did not!!!" , "Did, too"..... not sure how long that went on down the drive as DCD and I merely waved and parted ways. He had his hands full....

Some days you just have to laugh at kids perceptions of events.
TaylorTots 01:33 PM 01-28-2014
DCB (5yo Kinder): "Someday I am going to go to college and it's going to cost a lot of money, like $100 or $300. Then I will have a car too. They cost a lot of money... like $700!" So serious, I wanted to giggle

Also... my DD3 is now singing "I'm done going poop" opera style when she wants someone to check her to make sure she wiped well enough. Wow.
rebekki78 09:57 AM 01-31-2014
Oh, the mind of a 3 year old:

3 year old: "Can you keep him over there? Cuz babies FREAK ME OUT!!"

Me: "You're around these 2 babies every day. You're not used to it by now?"

3 year old: "Not everyday. I'm home with my mom a lot."

Me: "What are you going to do when your mom decides to have a baby some day?"

3 year old: "I'm going to throw her out to the woods for the animals to eat her."

Me, struck: "What?!?"

My jaw dropped. These kids are always keeping me in wonder of how the human brain functions.
littlelionspreschool 06:14 AM 02-02-2014
The other day dcg complained that her butt hurt. I checked her over to make sure nothing was wrong and said there was nothing I could do for her (assumed she was probably constipated but mentioned it to her dad at pick-up) The next day we are coloring together and out of the blue she said "You know what, my momma looked at my butt, and there's a radish down there!" I couldn't contain my laughter on that one! Kids say the funniest things!

A few weeks ago it was my 26th birthday and the kids asked if I was going to be 7! Later when I brought out my cake with candles lit, they told me it looked like a volcano because there was so much fire on it.
AmyLeigh 11:21 AM 02-03-2014
Dcg, 4, was sitting at the table coloring with my dd. She usually hums while coloring. I was working on some paperwork, and stopped to look up at her just as she was singing "dun dun duh-dun." She stopped and said, "what? I'm singing Darth Vader." Lol, she was singing the Imperial March! I guess she is as big a sci-fi fan as her parents are!
Leanna 01:04 PM 02-03-2014
I was cleaning out our small fish tank and put our beta fish in a small bowl while I cleaned the tank.
DCG 4, "Where is the fish?"
Me: "I put him in this smaller bowl so I can clean his tank."
DCG, "Oh, is he taking a bath?"

Play Care 09:15 AM 02-04-2014
Kind of snarky but I was looking up snack ideas for the dck's and came across a child care that offered organic foods. And it's ALL crap!! It also seemed odd that they noted when the food was organic or free range or whatever, but many of the veggies and fruits served with breakfast and lunch were not labeled organic. But the snack, that was amusing. Juice (organic)was served with *every* snack, and there were no vegetables or fruits - it was all Annie's bunnies or organic brand granola bars, etc.
I wonder how many parents are fooled into thinking their kids are getting healthy food because they claim to serve organic. My dck's would be off the wall with that much carbs/sugars
daycarediva 09:29 AM 02-04-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Kind of snarky but I was looking up snack ideas for the dck's and came across a child care that offered organic foods. And it's ALL crap!! It also seemed odd that they noted when the food was organic or free range or whatever, but many of the veggies and fruits served with breakfast and lunch were not labeled organic. But the snack, that was amusing. Juice (organic)was served with *every* snack, and there were no vegetables or fruits - it was all Annie's bunnies or organic brand granola bars, etc.
I wonder how many parents are fooled into thinking their kids are getting healthy food because they claim to serve organic. My dck's would be off the wall with that much carbs/sugars
Mine, too! I am mainly organic. There are items I have trouble finding organic, so I buy non organic and wash them well. Otherwise, organic.

I had a dcp that fed her kid like this. If it said organic, it must be good for you, right? She enrolled with me because of my food, and then left before the two week trial was up because her kid wouldn't eat anything I served and cried for juice all day. He was 3.
KDC 09:32 AM 02-04-2014
While the kids are napping I'll watch a show or two... I had on a cooking channel when my son (4) was up, and the recipe called for dry wine, to which he answered "it looks wet to me?"... then while contemplating this adds "If that makes you whiney, then we should DEFINITELY not give any to sissy, because she's whiney enough already!"
Luna 07:43 AM 02-06-2014
I only have 3 today and it's too cold to go outside. They rediscovered the box of dress up clothes after weeks of not playing with it and they're playing animals. One just put the "chicken" into her horse pen and a cheetah is laying eggs. They are cracking me up .
mema 01:36 PM 02-07-2014
Busy weekend ahead, so I was asking the kids what they want to eat next week so I can get my list started. Dcb 18 months blurts out brocy, brocy! I asked him if there was anything else, no, brocy, brocy
AmyLeigh 09:53 AM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
Dcg, 4, was sitting at the table coloring with my dd. She usually hums while coloring. I was working on some paperwork, and stopped to look up at her just as she was singing "dun dun duh-dun." She stopped and said, "what? I'm singing Darth Vader." Lol, she was singing the Imperial March! I guess she is as big a sci-fi fan as her parents are!
Today, she made a rocket out of blocks. I asked her where it's going to go. Her answer? "With doctor who!" (Duh, Amy!)
LeslieG 03:32 PM 02-27-2014
2 year old dcb can't quite pronounce words correctly... Today he was walking around saying "icky mouse, icky mouse" (Mickey Mouse).
preschoolteacher 06:37 PM 02-27-2014
I have a sand table inside, which the kids love, but I'm still working on getting my 18 month old son not to throw sand.

I walked up to him today as he had two fists full of sand looking like he was going to throw it. He looked up at me and said: "No throw. Juggle!"
Play Care 01:13 PM 02-28-2014
My one dcm is expecting and her son (my 4 yo dcb) is telling everyone there is SIX babies in mommies tummy!!
Cradle2crayons 12:13 PM 03-02-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
My one dcm is expecting and her son (my 4 yo dcb) is telling everyone there is SIX babies in mommies tummy!!
I think it's funny what kids think about this subject.

My 5.5 ds is adopted. He was adopted at birth. Welll, we've always said we would be honest and explain things as they come along.

Wellllllll about a year ago we started with small bits of information about adoption etc.... That same week he heard me on the phone scheduling spays and neuters for some of our kittens... He asked about what that was. He's seen kittens being born so he gets it... I thought... So I explain that neutering means they can't help the little girls make babies etc etc...

Welllll also in that's week, was the adoption conversation about how I couldn't have any more babies etc...

So one morning, he busts out crying saying he didn't want to be adopted. So I explain it's a little too late for that.. But he was serious...

So i said "son what does adopted mean" and he says "it means I can't have kids one day like Nibbles" and it was all I could do to not laugh... He thought somewhere I was taking HIM to get NEUTERED and that neutered was adopted.... Sigh.....

Thankfully he gets he terms now... Of course this is my boy who pulled his wonky out a few weeks ago and peed on the playground... Sigh...
Luna 05:22 PM 03-02-2014
I was off Friday for dental work so dcb3 went to backup care. Mom sent me a picture Friday morning...dcb had put a huge package of pork chops in his daycare bag to bring to me. She said he had a major meltdown when she put them back in the fridge. I've never had a gift of pork chops before!
daycarediva 10:24 AM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Luna:
I was off Friday for dental work so dcb3 went to backup care. Mom sent me a picture Friday morning...dcb had put a huge package of pork chops in his daycare bag to bring to me. She said he had a major meltdown when she put them back in the fridge. I've never had a gift of pork chops before!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

My dcb once brought me venison. He said they had deer sausage for dinner, and I told him I LOVED IT, and he insisted on bringing me some the next morning. Dcm was soooo bright red "Dcb insisted we bring you leftovers."
Blackcat31 07:15 AM 03-07-2014
DCG age 3.5 (TOTAL diva) comes in the door this morning after removing her coat and says to me "You should let all the kids hug me a lot today. My shirt is really soft"

So far, she has asked several kids "Do you wanna hug me?"

Leanna 08:14 AM 03-08-2014
2 gems from this week:

DCB, 5, goes to preschool alternating days. He tells me on Thursday, "Leanna! Mr. _____ put mud on my head for St. Patrick's Day!" (It took me a full ten minutes to realize that the priest at his Catholic preschool had put ashes on his forehead for Ash Wednesday)

DCG, 4, (as we are listening to Free to Be You and Me), "Leanna, this is such a happy song! It is like Spring...like being naked in the sunshine!"
racemom 08:32 AM 03-08-2014
Originally Posted by Leanna:
2 gems from this week:

DCB, 5, goes to preschool alternating days. He tells me on Thursday, "Leanna! Mr. _____ put mud on my head for St. Patrick's Day!" (It took me a full ten minutes to realize that the priest at his Catholic preschool had put ashes on his forehead for Ash Wednesday)

DCG, 4, (as we are listening to Free to Be You and Me), "Leanna, this is such a happy song! It is like Spring...like being naked in the sunshine!"
I want to be naked in the sunshine! But there is no sun here and it's 20 degrees out so probably not going to work for me. Lol
Michelle 09:52 AM 03-09-2014
How old do I have to be to stop embarrassing myself?
Yesterday at my dd's softball game I bought two cheeseburgers for dh and dd and they told me to take the plate and wait by the barbq for the food so I'm standing there and this Asian family started yelling at each other in their language and pointing at me! I looked down and saw some ribs and various meat but no hamburgers, then I turned around and saw the leagues barbq behind the snack shop!
ugh...
(in my defense i had been taking pain killers due to a bad fall)

melilley 12:08 PM 03-13-2014
I have a dcb who had unruly longish hair. Well, mom had it cut on Tues. My p/t dcb doesn't come until Thurs. and he came in today staring at the other dcb. He asked gma and I "who's that guy"? We both looked at the other dcb and said "that's a bus" (dcb was holding a bus) and dcb said "no, who's that guy"? He didn't realize that it was the dcb!

I guess a haircut makes all the difference.
Patches 03:49 PM 03-18-2014
Dcg 16 months just learned the word sock but she doesn't say it quite right. So she's walking around all day pointing to everyone's socks and saying, "cock, cock, cock"
sahm1225 08:38 PM 03-18-2014
This one is about my dd 4. We've been talking a lot about healthy eating habits. My Dah has struggled w his weight and is on a huge health kick right now. During dinner, he's telling our kids (2,4, & 6) how you need to eat healthy and stay very active. My ds 6 asks why. My DH replies 'well as you get older your metabolism slows down and your body changes.' They were quiet for a while, then dd4 says 'what is my body going to change to? Because I want to be a unicorn!'
hwichlaz 09:30 PM 03-24-2014
I have a little one who ADORES my 14 year old son. She's just turned 1 year old, but she still looks like a young infant. My son forgets her age because of her looks, size, and cuddliness.

I asked him if he would take her outside and push her on the swing because she's teething and fussy and I needed a min to finish getting the others ready for outside time.

His smart alec reply was, "Sure, if she say's that's what she wants."

The baby leans towards him, arms out nodding her head and saying, "Yeth, yeth, out!"

HAHA son, gotcha!
Oss_cc 01:54 PM 03-26-2014
The two 4 year old girls (DD and DCG) were going stir crazy this morning (pouring outside), so I made them sit down and do yoga. They took it so seriously! Their faces during a particularly difficult position cracked me up so much I took a picture for the mom and my DH.
Oss_cc 02:01 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
Dcg 3.5 had the grandmommy of tantrums at lunch today. I'm not even sure what started it, but it was a doozy. As quickly as it started, it was over, and she was chattering and eating her lunch. Suddenly, she said, "It's good to have me nice again." Hmm, ya think?

FCCarmyprovider 11:27 AM 03-29-2014
http://www.pinterest.com/offsite/?to...32421463721042

Sunshine74 05:28 PM 04-01-2014
Me! I made my self laugh today with my April Fool's prank, and the toddlers reactions.
Play Care 03:48 PM 04-02-2014
We spent almost two hours outside this afternoon. When we came in a few minutes before pick ups, one of my boys said he needed to change his jeans as they were wet. He slips off his pants while I grab a new pair. As I turn to give them to me he says "watch my cool trick!" And he proceeds to do a somersault - except he had also taken off his underwear with his pants - so we all got treated to an unexpected moon and he was completely oblivious - I don't even think he realized he wasn't wearing underwear.
racemom 06:34 PM 04-02-2014
Today one of our parents were late picking up so dcb3 was watching us put toys out to dry overnight that had just been washed. He asked what we were doing and the other teacher said we were putting toys on the table so they could dry overnight. He said "oh, I thought you were getting them ready to take them home with you." She asked why he thought she was taking them home. His reply was "so you can play with them!"
Sunshine74 09:52 PM 04-02-2014
We recently did a fundraiser (selling chocolates) and the orders came in today. I told the kids that the chocolate truck was here, and DCB looked at me and said, "Chocolate...is my life!"
Blackcat31 08:39 AM 04-07-2014
Last week, I had an older DCK that had lost their privilege to play outdoors in the afternoon and would be staying inside with the littler kids the next day.

The family ended up staying home on Friday.

The family came today (Monday) and mom says to me "I knew C was suppose to stay inside as a consequence so I made C stay inside on Friday while older sibling went outside."

I couldn't help it and actually laughed out loud at the idea that mom seriously thought that she could "take care of" the consequence for me over the weekend.

I appreciate the thought but nope.
Josiegirl 09:56 AM 04-07-2014
Found some branches on the side of the road and put plastic eggs on them to decorate our table. One of my 3 yo dcgs asked me if I grew the egg tree. It was cute.
Sunchimes 07:45 PM 04-07-2014
I've been working on telling jokes with 3 1/2 yo dcg. The progression has gone something like this...
She came in one day last week and said," What did the hippo and the cat say?" Me: What? DCG "Punch you in the face." followed by hysterical giggles.

The next day I was treated to this:
What did the big Hippopotamus say to the little hippo? (No pause for me to guess) Punchline! hysterical giggles

Today I decided to teach her a knock knock joke. It took a few tries for her to figure out to say "who's there?", but she never did catch on to the "banana who" part. So, all of our jokes went something like this...
Me:Knock knock
DCG: Who's there?
Me: Banana
hysterical giggles

Tomorrow should be interesting.
Naptime yet? 08:52 PM 04-08-2014
My dd4 was holding her doll today & said, " ugh, this baby wants me to hold it all day & I can't hold it all day"' so I asked her what she was going to do...she proceeded to get a cat collar & dog leash & drag baby around the house. Ok, that part she did not learn from me
Blackcat31 06:38 AM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by Naptime yet?:
My dd4 was holding her doll today & said, " ugh, this baby wants me to hold it all day & I can't hold it all day"' so I asked her what she was going to do...she proceeded to get a cat collar & dog leash & drag baby around the house. Ok, that part she did not learn from me
New form of attachment parenting???
Tags:cute, funny, happy, inspirational topic, positive, sweet
First ... 3 4 5 6 7  ... Last
Reply Up