Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 3 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have Any of You Gotten The Vaccine?
CountryRoads 11:47 AM 01-15-2021
My local public health called and childcare providers are being offered the vaccine this first round. I put myself down, but I'm able to call and cancel if i change my mind. Have you gotten one yet?
Michael 11:56 AM 01-15-2021
I'm in California and I haven't heard much about its availability. Just found out my friend that I sat next to on Dec 29th, for 5 hours, has been in the hospital for a week with COVID. He showed symptoms on the 3rd. I feel fine, but geez, I had to find out from a another friend that he was positive.
Cat Herder 11:59 AM 01-15-2021
I have not. It has been offered. I am going to wait until I have a couple days off later in the spring, maybe summer.

So far seven of my friends/co-workers have. Five had nothing but a sore arm, most go back next week for round two. Two had reactions (high fever, fainting, hypoxia). One required hospitalization, still there three days later. No update, today.

All of them work EMS/Fire/Police and were healthy enough to pass annual physical agility earlier this month.
CountryRoads 12:06 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I have not. It has been offered. I am going to wait until I have a couple days off later in the spring, maybe summer.

So far seven of my friends/co-workers have. Five had nothing but a sore arm, most go back next week for round two. Two had reactions (high fever, fainting, hypoxia). One required hospitalization, still there three days later. No update, today.

All of them work EMS/Fire/Police and were healthy enough to pass annual physical agility earlier this month.
That makes me nervous
Cat Herder 12:06 PM 01-15-2021
I just checked the name on their cards, it was the Pfizer one.
Cat Herder 12:12 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
That makes me nervous
Me, too, but from what I am seeing from "friends of friends" is that most just had the sore arm.

The female with the reaction was able to go back to work after a couple days home pushing fluids, tylenol and using a spirometer.

The male who had the reaction and is hospitalized has 22 years breathing housefire smoke. Take that for what it is worth.

I'd just plan ahead and hydrate really well beforehand. Then plan to rest for a couple days with help available. JIC. DH and I plan to stagger them so we are available to take care of each other in the case of a reaction.
DaveA 12:38 PM 01-15-2021
Because I still teach CPR/ First Aid I was eligible when DW got hers, but I passed. I’m pretty low risk- no current major health issues and work in a pretty socially isolated job. I’ll get it when things slow down a bit. It was more of a “others need it more than me” thing rather than concerns about the vaccine itself.
Josiegirl 02:09 PM 01-15-2021
I received a notice today, because I help provide care for my BIL, I'm eligible to receive the vaccine now so need to call my local hospital by the 20th to set up an appt.
The 1st shot doesn't scare me but after hearing the side effects can be worse with the 2nd shot leaves me feeling pretty apprehensive about the whole thing. I was happy to wait awhile to see how it all plays out but also don't want to miss my chance either.

What to do what to do.....
Annalee 04:28 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I received a notice today, because I help provide care for my BIL, I'm eligible to receive the vaccine now so need to call my local hospital by the 20th to set up an appt.
The 1st shot doesn't scare me but after hearing the side effects can be worse with the 2nd shot leaves me feeling pretty apprehensive about the whole thing. I was happy to wait awhile to see how it all plays out but also don't want to miss my chance either.

What to do what to do.....
I was told the first dose is the worst if you have had covid but the second dose was the worst if you have not had covid???? It's a hit or miss situation, I guess! Good luck!
Josiegirl 03:06 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I was told the first dose is the worst if you have had covid but the second dose was the worst if you have not had covid???? It's a hit or miss situation, I guess! Good luck!
Oh cripe
Michael 04:36 PM 01-16-2021
I have a friend in SC that got his first shot and he said there were no issues at all.
Annalee 05:14 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Michael:
I have a friend in SC that got his first shot and he said there were no issues at all.
My niece in law had no effects with the first dose but she has not had covid. A nurse friend whom has had covid had the first dose and suffered with a high fever for a couple days. ??
I am awaiting to get my vaccine. My county doesnt receive enough doses at any time to go very far with the list.
e.j. 05:14 PM 01-16-2021
I haven't been able to get a vaccine yet but one of my brothers, his wife and my sister did get theirs. My brother and sil had no side effects. My sister said her arm was a bit sore but no worse than when she gets a flu shot. She was told to take a Tylenol before the shot and to be sure to stretch her arm here and there after to minimize any pain. She thought it was good advice that seemed to work for her.
flying_babyb 05:26 PM 01-16-2021
were eligible, Im choosing not to take it.
So:
my sister is a medic in Chicago. Shes had both doses, and is fine. 3 of her coworkers had covid like symptoms after the second shot but was fine withn in two days. The other 5 who got it the same day were fine.
Josiegirl 01:48 AM 01-17-2021
My niece received her 1st dose Friday and has just had a sore arm but also, she's never had Covid.
The scariest part is the not knowing how anything will affect a person. Plus knowing there ARE so many walking around who show no symptoms.

Aren't there any stats available for side effects from the vaccine yet? I hear the stories here and there but want to hear about a bigger picture. Actually what I want is somebody to look into the crystal ball and tell my wimpy self everything'll be fine.
Annalee 05:54 AM 01-17-2021
My niece received her 1st dose Friday and has just had a sore arm but also, she's never had Covid.
The scariest part is the not knowing how anything will affect a person. Plus knowing there ARE so many walking around who show no symptoms.

Aren't there any stats available for side effects from the vaccine yet? I hear the stories here and there but want to hear about a bigger picture. Actually what I want is somebody to look into the crystal ball and tell my wimpy self everything'll be fine.
I haven't heard anything major with the side effects of the vaccine. Just the temps/tired so far!?
dolores 07:29 AM 01-17-2021
It was available to me from the beginning. I was going to wait until I felt comfortable but got off the fence and got it, even though I still had my reservations. Injection site was sore for a day. 2nd shot will be next week.

Here, it became available to child care providers last week but they are already booked through April.
Blackcat31 04:01 PM 01-17-2021
My DD got her first dose before Christmas
No issues at all

She got her second dose and woke the next day at 4am with a temp of 103F and was super sick with body aches and a bad headache. By bed time that evening she felt almost normal.

She said it was worth it either way.

She got the Pfizer one
284878 10:23 PM 01-17-2021
Local health department contacted me at the end of last week. They are only scheduling appt this Tuesday 9-5. I scheduled one for dh, the questionnaire indicates that my reaction to vaccines is not considered bad enough not too get one. So I scheduled one but waiting to hear back from my doctor on if I should.

Meanwhile, we are still considering to cancel because 1. It is on a Tuesday, midweek, 2. I would have to last minute close on a new family, 3. I may not be in the condition to care for other people kids or ds

I did register with the local hospital to get approved for the vaccine. So we will see what happens.
Josiegirl 01:56 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I haven't been able to get a vaccine yet but one of my brothers, his wife and my sister did get theirs. My brother and sil had no side effects. My sister said her arm was a bit sore but no worse than when she gets a flu shot. She was told to take a Tylenol before the shot and to be sure to stretch her arm here and there after to minimize any pain. She thought it was good advice that seemed to work for her.
I read an article yesterday in AARP that said not to take painkillers, etc., until 6 hrs. after the vaccine because it might alter the effectiveness of the vaccine. WTH can anyone believe with different things everywhere? I certainly am not meaning you but the media, the drs., everybody has different answers or clearly does not know.
CenterTeacher20 08:16 AM 01-18-2021
I should be receiving mine this week or the next.
Josiegirl 08:50 AM 01-18-2021
I, too, am getting mine. Finally took the plunge, Wed. p.m.
e.j. 09:23 AM 01-18-2021
I read an article yesterday in AARP that said not to take painkillers, etc., until 6 hrs. after the vaccine because it might alter the effectiveness of the vaccine. WTH can anyone believe with different things everywhere? I certainly am not meaning you but the media, the drs., everybody has different answers or clearly does not know.
Josiegirl, thank you for posting this! The error was mine. I re-read my sister's text after seeing your reply and realized I might have misinterpreted what she had said. I double checked with her and sure enough...she took the Tylenol after getting the vaccine.

I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to mislead anyone. I went on to look it up and read a few articles - all saying what you said in your reply above: painkillers should be taken after the vaccine; not before. That and the stretching did help my sister with the minimal pain she felt afterwards.
maytag 10:54 AM 01-18-2021
I got the first dose of Moderna on Jan 13th, my arm was sore if I touched it but didn't bother me to use it. I didn't take any painkillers before or after. After the vaccine I taught an hour swimming lesson so that might have helped with the arm soreness.
CountryRoads 02:37 PM 01-18-2021
I'm sure it probably varies, but I'm trying to figure out what the process is.

How long did it take? I'm trying to decide if I should just open when I get done or have dh cover for me. I keep trying to call and have left a vm, but can't get through to anyone.

It would be easier for me to just open later, but I'm getting it done Thursday and feel that it is too last minute.
Valerie928 05:01 PM 01-18-2021

I wonder why the hypoxia? There is no SARS-covid in these vaccines. I would totally understand the hypoxia if there were actual virus in the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines. Allergy?
Valerie928 05:05 PM 01-18-2021
We have a shortage of vaccines here in my area. They actually canceled appointments and are not scheduling any this week.
Blackcat31 05:07 PM 01-18-2021

Valerie928 06:24 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
These all make sense, the vaccine is triggering an immune response. But the hypoxia as a reaction as mentioned by Cat herder is scary to me.
Josiegirl 02:23 AM 01-19-2021
Thank you BC for sharing that chart.
Meeko 07:04 PM 01-25-2021
Utah is doing the vaccine right now for K-12 teachers and staff. Childcare providers have to wait until March

I want mine. 60/diabetic.......wish I could get it now.
Vonnel 03:25 AM 01-26-2021
Any vaccine has some side effects, but they are not very critical and basically all people tolerate them quite easily, so you have nothing to fear.
Annalee 04:59 AM 01-26-2021
My niece-in-law had her second dose last week and said she had no effects? My other niece-in-law was scheduled as well with her vaccine doses as they work at the same hospital, but now that she is pregnant they have waited till she sees the doctor.....said she would get the vaccine just waiting to see if she can do that in the first trimester or wait till the second?
Cat Herder 05:29 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
I wonder why the hypoxia? There is no SARS-covid in these vaccines. I would totally understand the hypoxia if there were actual virus in the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines. Allergy?
No known allergies. He literally just felt faint and hit the floor, S/S of shock. Wife called 911, transported, hospitalized 5 days. He is still doing RT and riding a desk.

Several more of my friends have had it, now, ad he is the only severe reaction I know of.
Blackcat31 06:58 AM 01-26-2021
So vaccine roll out here has been fairly decent I think.
They've got most the medical front line workers taken care of and are now moving on to child care workers, educators, people with medical conditions and those over age 65.

This morning one my DCM's tells me that both her and her husband got their first vaccination. I asked how since they're in their mid-30ies and neither work in any field that gives them priority nor do either of them have any underlying medical conditions.

DCM tells me her MIL owns an assisted living facility and they asked to be listed as employees so they were eligible to receive the vaccine there.

I asked if they actually did work there as back up employees and she said nope. They just figured it was the easiest and quickest way to be vaccinated.

That kind of entitled selfishness is astounding sometimes.
CenterTeacher20 06:59 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Utah is doing the vaccine right now for K-12 teachers and staff. Childcare providers have to wait until March
Weird! In North Dakota, childcare staff are prioritized BEFORE K12. I'm only 24, but I'm getting it asap.
Cat Herder 07:28 AM 01-26-2021
Meanwhile those in charge keep tripping over their own @!*&$, here. Many, Many will not get their second dose on time, completely skewing study results.

"...pharmacies across the state that received COVID vaccines gave out all of their vaccines quickly without holding any back for patients to get the second dose.... 120,000 additional doses are expected to be delivered this week but it’s not nearly enough to meet the demand....said for now, only those who fall into the Phase 1a category will be eligible to receive the COVID vaccine until more vaccines are available."
Annalee 07:38 AM 01-26-2021
So vaccine roll out here has been fairly decent I think.
They've got most the medical front line workers taken care of and are now moving on to child care workers, educators, people with medical conditions and those over age 65.

This morning one my DCM's tells me that both her and her husband got their first vaccination. I asked how since they're in their mid-30ies and neither work in any field that gives them priority nor do either of them have any underlying medical conditions.

DCM tells me her MIL owns an assisted living facility and they asked to be listed as employees so they were eligible to receive the vaccine there.

I asked if they actually did work there as back up employees and she said nope. They just figured it was the easiest and quickest way to be vaccinated.

That kind of entitled selfishness is astounding sometimes.
This stuff irks me. My son goes to trade school in a neighboring county and it's beside the health dept and he told me last week of people getting the vaccine and I pretty much told him they were probably getting tested or something as it wasn't those particular people's turn, but now I guess he was right. That's just messed up!
Sunshine69 07:58 AM 01-26-2021
It is a complete joke around here to get a vaccine. Unless I have all day to wait for the website to work, I cannot find an available appointment. The closest appointment available to me when the website does work is a four hour drive.

The local news reports that people have shown up for scheduled appointments only to be turned away and some that have gotten their first vaccine don’t know if they’ll be able to get their second in time.

My clients will not be pleased when I close for a day just to get a vaccine. I doubt they’ll be very understanding if I have to take time off due to adverse reactions.

There’s some seriously poor planning in my state.

I likely won’t be getting a vaccine until there’s some evidence that the people implementing the plan have gotten their act together.
Snowmom 08:19 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Sunshine69:
It is a complete joke around here to get a vaccine. Unless I have all day to wait for the website to work, I cannot find an available appointment. The closest appointment available to me when the website does work is a four hour drive.

The local news reports that people have shown up for scheduled appointments only to be turned away and some that have gotten their first vaccine don’t know if they’ll be able to get their second in time.

My clients will not be pleased when I close for a day just to get a vaccine. I doubt they’ll be very understanding if I have to take time off due to adverse reactions.

There’s some seriously poor planning in my state.

I likely won’t be getting a vaccine until there’s some evidence that the people implementing the plan have gotten their act together.
Yikes. I hope that's not the case here.
I have my appointment this week during nap time. 15 minutes away and they say to expect 1/2 hour at the site.
Hopefully my husband won't be doing diaper changes and pick ups too!
Josiegirl 02:48 AM 01-27-2021
My sister has signed up for the vaccine for over 75. But I worry about her because she has so many issues with inflammation and immune-deficiency problems. I'm trying to convince her to talk with her PCP but ATM, she's got enough on her plate.

As for the rolling out of the vaccine in our area, I haven't heard of any issues and was quite impressed when I went for mine. They had their system down to an art. For a small town, I believe we have a wonderful hospital.
CountryRoads 05:25 AM 01-27-2021
I got the first dose a couple days ago. My arm is incredibly sore. I woke up 3 times the other night about in tears because my whole arm just hurt so bad. I also had a low grade fever, but that's it so far.

I keep hearing and reading that the side effects from the second shot are worse. I'm wondering if I should plan to close the next day.
Cat Herder 05:51 AM 01-27-2021
"Studies have shown that the antibodies after COVID-19 vaccination will last for three months:"

"projected at this point to serve as a seasonal vaccine as we don't know how individuals will respond to it with long term versus short term immunity."

"antibodies can wane over time, as early as 2-3 months, and reinfection is a possibility. If a vaccine immunity behaves like natural immunity, then we'll likely have to get it every year like a flu shot."

https://www.abc10.com/article/entert...c-63eea31fc474
Unregistered 02:51 PM 01-27-2021
I’ve been open during Covid and will never take the vaccine. Too many people with side affects and deaths. I don’t take a flu shot so this is a definite no.
hwichlaz 10:43 AM 01-28-2021
Now that I’ve had COVID my DR wants me to wait 90 days to take it.....just as it’s being offered to us.
Annalee 12:38 PM 01-28-2021
Our state is lifting some covid restrictions today...i.e. sporting events, restaurants, etc. Maybe that's a good sign?? I sure hope so!!!
Josiegirl 02:40 AM 01-29-2021
Question on the vaccine regarding possible side effects:
One has had a numb arm from her elbow down, along with migraines for 4 days; this was after her 2nd dose. The other has had severe constipation ever since she received her 1st vaccine, about 3 weeks now.

Have any of you heard of others having these side effects? Or any other uncommon side effects? Just curious, thanks!
Reimel61 10:49 AM 01-31-2021
I just got the Pfizer covid vaccine yesterday. Our scheduling process for the vaccine and the wait time was really good. I had heard it was a nightmare the week before but they got it figured out. My arm is a little sore today but that is it so far. No need for any pain meds. My state is vaccinating 1a, 1b and 1c but vaccine is limited but they are allotting a certain amount weekly for people in the education field. They did have an ambulance & personnel there out of view for the most part. That part was a little unnerving. I've heard also it's after the second shot where you have issues.
Pestle 11:18 AM 01-31-2021
My state is still on the second group and my city keeps running out of vaccines so it's gonna be awhile for me--I'm in the third group and my husband and MIL are two groups after that (which sucks, because my MIL is in poor health but none of it adds up to the total and extreme of comorbidities required to go sooner).

I have a lot of friends in healthcare, so I know a bunch of people who've been vaccinated. One has been sharing her experience on Facebook; she says she always gets a bruised arm and woozy feeling when she gets a flu shot, and this was the same. She said she felt bad for a day after the first shot, and for just a few hours after the second.
Unregistered 02:11 PM 01-31-2021
Alabama is FINALLY in 1c which includes people 65 and over, childcare, and other high risk contact workers. After a year of waiting, we finally qualify however, they want us to wait if we're healthy so that others can get it first. Everyone on fb has stated that alabama is totally backwards or not up with all of the other states which I agree. I've alreadylready said that by the time we're eligible to get a vaccine more people will be sick or dead. In addition to that, kids are now getting sick with it and dying and they've also expanded our mask ordnance until March 2nd plus they are now recommending to double mask
Snowmom 02:43 PM 01-31-2021
I got my Moderna vaccine 2 days ago.

The process was incredibly quick (Minneapolis).
I was there no more than 45 minutes and that was with the 30 minutes of observation. It was 30 minutes for me since I have had a history of reactions to meds. It was shorter for those that have had no issues with medications or vaccines.

I hardly felt the actual shot. About 15 minutes in, I did feel a little irritation where the poke was but it went away fairly quickly.

Later that night, I felt like my arm had been punched (bruised). Nothing to keep me from doing normal stuff. I felt like I had a headache coming on too but it never fully developed (if that makes sense!).

The next day, it was still a bit sore (arm) but nothing significant.

Today, no soreness at all. No headaches.

My second dose is late February.
Blackcat31 04:48 PM 02-01-2021
I just got notice I’m getting mine at 1:30 on Friday
Hubby gets his at 2:15
We’re getting the Moderna one
Annalee 06:18 PM 02-01-2021
Let us know how it goes! I'm still waiting for my state to reach the phase I'm in. We are having trouble running out of the vaccine all the time.
Josiegirl 02:48 AM 02-02-2021
My sister gets hers this Thursday and quite frankly, it scares me. She has problems galore with inflammation, immune deficiency issues and reactions to drugs. She talked with the nurse at her clinic who talked with the dr. and evidently she's okay to go. Easy for them to say.

My 2nd Moderna vaccine is scheduled for the 17th.

What's amazing to me is some of the news articles that say many are refusing the vaccine; staff at nursing homes even. Sure, it's all scary and unknown, I was on the fence and willing to wait until there was more proof of its effectiveness but dang, I don't want Covid either and if this can help prevent the spread now, then I'll do it.
Valerie928 12:00 PM 02-02-2021
You'll have to let us know how it goes!
Deftones34 03:35 PM 02-02-2021
I am scheduled to get the Moderna one tomorrow at 6:45. I am really scared! On the one hand, I do not want COVID again and on the other hand I am worried about having a horrible reaction to it.
Unregistered 07:08 PM 02-02-2021
My adult child got the Moderna initial shot yesterday. Tired today, and arm a bit tender, but nothing much!
Ms.Kay 09:43 AM 02-03-2021
No ..No...No...look up reports on virology. Merck..stopped making it...Moderna has had way too many oops!!!! This was a natural occurring virus...the Chinese tampered with it....The Fake news is telling you its ok. Do your own research..please...!!! our government is lying to us....and the masks....our children will have side effects..Fauci worked with the chinese govt and has invesments there.....CDC is in bed with big.pharma.
Valerie928 10:16 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Ms.Kay:
No ..No...No...look up reports on virology. Merck..stopped making it...Moderna has had way too many oops!!!! This was a natural occurring virus...the Chinese tampered with it....The Fake news is telling you its ok. Do your own research..please...!!! our government is lying to us....and the masks....our children will have side effects..Fauci worked with the chinese govt and has invesments there.....CDC is in bed with big.pharma.
You need to calm down.
Josiegirl 11:22 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Ms.Kay:
Any links to back up all these allegations?
284878 12:30 PM 02-03-2021
If you as a provider got the vaccine, did you let your parents know ahead of time so that they knew to expect that you might have side effects and close? Or did you plan on closing?

Currently, the only time that I can get an appointment is Tues-Thurs, 9-5, and only 2-3 days in advance. I would have to close at short notice or DH would have to get the day off to cover for me. Since I have had side effects with other vaccines in the past, I would most likely have side effects with this one.

If you did let them know, how much did you tell them? (considering that I do not normally tell them why I am closed for the day)
Annalee 02:46 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
If you as a provider got the vaccine, did you let your parents know ahead of time so that they knew to expect that you might have side effects and close? Or did you plan on closing?

Currently, the only time that I can get an appointment is Tues-Thurs, 9-5, and only 2-3 days in advance. I would have to close at short notice or DH would have to get the day off to cover for me. Since I have had side effects with other vaccines in the past, I would most likely have side effects with this one.

If you did let them know, how much did you tell them? (considering that I do not normally tell them why I am closed for the day)
I have told my daycare families that when it gets to teachers/child care providers phase, I would possibly close a day as there was no way to know too far in advance and the same would happen for the second dose. But still waiting on the first dose!
Unregistered 03:04 AM 02-05-2021
https://www.merck.com/news/merck-dis...ic-candidates/
Unregistered 03:12 AM 02-05-2021
https://vaers.hhs.gov/index.html
Blackcat31 12:00 PM 02-05-2021
Just got back from getting my first dose of the vaccine.
Easy peasy.... walked in, registered, got my shot and then waited for observation for 15 minutes and left.

I have to return in 28 days. Thankfully the calendar works out that the second dose will also be on a Friday so if I have any side effects I won't be at work.

Hubby is getting his as I type.
Valerie928 01:27 PM 02-05-2021
Easy peasy.... walked in, registered, got my shot and then waited for observation for 15 minutes and left.

I have to return in 28 days. Thankfully the calendar works out that the second dose will also be on a Friday so if I have any side effects I won't be at work.

👍😊 Glad to hear it went well for you.
Valerie928 01:32 PM 02-05-2021
How does this even matter? To me this is completely irrelevant. There are plenty of good vaccines right now for covid. Not every vaccine is going to be a success.
MyAngels 02:45 PM 02-05-2021
It makes perfect sense that some of the companies will move on now from trying to come up with a vaccine. There are already what, 3 or 4 that have great results? But if they can come up with some viable treatments then we're even further ahead of the game. Seems like a win-win to me.
Annalee 05:37 PM 02-05-2021

Good deal!
Deftones34 12:18 PM 02-06-2021
I got my Moderna shot on the 3rd. I had a sore arm up until today and now it is gone. No other issues!
Annalee 05:07 AM 02-10-2021
Made an appt for Thursday, Feb 18th, for covid vaccine....unless I change my mind
Cat Herder 05:37 AM 02-10-2021
Both sets of our parents (DH and mine) had them within the last week. So far, no issues other than sore arm and a bit of lethargy.

All said the shingles shot was much worse. They have not had the second dose, yet.
Annalee 09:54 AM 02-10-2021
Both sets of our parents (DH and mine) had them within the last week. So far, no issues other than sore arm and a bit of lethargy.

All said the shingles shot was much worse. They have not had the second dose, yet.
I am ready to get it behind me! Rumor is, that vaccine card will be like a passport in the future!??
Cat Herder 11:00 AM 02-10-2021
I am ready to get it behind me! Rumor is, that vaccine card will be like a passport in the future!??
I don't blame you. It is worth a shot if you have not already had it.

I am on the fence on the documentation thing. If it only lasts 4-8 months, and new strains keep being found, what chance do we have of keeping a current one?

I am still in camp "it has always been here and is never leaving" on all of these flus.

I do find it hilarious that my friends who were all up in arms about having to show valid ID to vote are all behind having to show an immunization card to get back some of their own tax money or ride the subway.

I will be so glad when we get out of this lame decade.
Annalee 04:26 PM 02-10-2021
I don't blame you. It is worth a shot if you have not already had it.

I am on the fence on the documentation thing. If it only lasts 4-8 months, and new strains keep being found, what chance do we have of keeping a current one?

I am still in camp "it has always been here and is never leaving" on all of these flus.

I do find it hilarious that my friends who were all up in arms about having to show valid ID to vote are all behind having to show an immunization card to get back some of their own tax money or ride the subway.

I will be so glad when we get out of this lame decade.
Had a parent ask me why I couldn't make this appt early in the morning so I could open up for most of the day.....well, why don't you just SHUTUP! No I didn't say that but my eyes did Another one said "now what day is that, I just don't know what I will do". Well just SHUTUP!!! That's what you can do!

I gave them warning in January and told them there may not even be much notice but I'm giving them 8 days notice and they still gripe! You can't please some people.
Chicupfront 12:09 AM 02-11-2021
I got mine yesterday. Pfizer. No major problems, so far just a sore arm.
nannyde 02:13 PM 02-11-2021
I had both doses of Moderna. Jan 4 and Feb 1 . I’m in Iowa with the worst Governor in the United States and it was super touch and go whether I could get the second one on the 28th day. In my state I am Tier one a so I qualified but they didn’t reserve the second dose to insure it could be given per the 28 days after.

I had a hard time with it but it was over at exactly 48 hours after each dose. It sucked. I had the fever, chills, headache, and BONE PAIN so bad. Second round I stayed on a heating pad that really helped the bone pain.

The arm pain wasn’t bad. If you have an older sibling and got punched in the arm as a kid... that’s about how that goes.

I also had some hives after the second one. Still nursing those. Not many but annoying.
Valerie928 06:25 PM 02-11-2021
Had a parent ask me why I couldn't make this appt early in the morning so I could open up for most of the day.....well, why don't you just SHUTUP! No I didn't say that but my eyes did Another one said "now what day is that, I just don't know what I will do". Well just SHUTUP!!! That's what you can do!

I gave them warning in January and told them there may not even be much notice but I'm giving them 8 days notice and they still gripe! You can't please some people.
I really just can't with parents anymore. They only care about THEMSELVES.
Unregistered 05:42 PM 02-12-2021
Funny you should say that. My elderly parents got both shots already and they were told by the person filling out their card to each make 4 copies of their card. Keep one copy locked up safe. Give a copy to their primary, keep a copy in the car, carry a copy on them. They were told in the future they may need them to travel, go to restaurants, ect.
Annalee 07:23 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Funny you should say that. My elderly parents got both shots already and they were told by the person filling out their card to each make 4 copies of their card. Keep one copy locked up safe. Give a copy to their primary, keep a copy in the car, carry a copy on them. They were told in the future they may need them to travel, go to restaurants, ect.
Yes; heard that, too....best news for me is after completing both doses, no quarantining for me due to exposure anymore....That is huge for me!
CenterTeacher20 07:44 PM 02-12-2021
I had said way earlier in this thread (I think ) that I should be able to get the vaccine in a couple weeks time... here we are probably a month or so later (I'm not gonna look at when I commented about it because I'm annoyed) but we are STILL waiting for word on when we will be able to get our shots.

I want them now. Ugh!!!! *Q&!#(*%(!^&%#(&^!#
Josiegirl 02:34 AM 02-13-2021
Yes; heard that, too....best news for me is after completing both doses, no quarantining for me due to exposure anymore....That is huge for me!
Did I read somewhere that we can still be carriers of Covid, even if we've been vaccinated? Maybe it was false info. Not like we haven't heard any before.
Blackcat31 07:04 AM 02-13-2021
Did I read somewhere that we can still be carriers of Covid, even if we've been vaccinated? Maybe it was false info. Not like we haven't heard any before.
I was told the same thing

CDC says “most vaccines don't fully protect against infection, even if they can block symptoms from appearing. As a result, vaccinated people can unknowingly carry and spread pathogens.”
Annalee 07:48 AM 02-13-2021
I was told the same thing

CDC says “most vaccines don't fully protect against infection, even if they can block symptoms from appearing. As a result, vaccinated people can unknowingly carry and spread pathogens.”
CDC says to still wear mask and social distance even after being vaccinated. I'm really happy to know after that second dose I don't have to quarantine due to exposure.
Josiegirl 03:26 AM 02-14-2021
My niece, age 53, received her 2nd Moderna Wednesday. She had chills so bad the bed shook. She ached terribly the following day, she said it hurt to move everything but was feeling better though very lethargic on Friday. She also told her mom she wasn't sure now, that her mom should get her 2nd vaccine. And that's saying something for my niece to say that. Argh, getting my 2nd one this Wednesday so we shall see.
Valerie928 07:27 AM 02-14-2021
The goal of the moderna/Pfizer vaccines is to keep people from becoming gravely sick and needing hospitalization.

Yes, the 2nd dose can be a bit rough, if you become feverish, sore ect, it simply means the vaccine is doing exactly as it should by causing an immune response.

I will take a couple days of feeling miserable. It's better than being in hospital on airway assist.
e.j. 03:33 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
The goal of the moderna/Pfizer vaccines is to keep people from becoming gravely sick and needing hospitalization.

Yes, the 2nd dose can be a bit rough, if you become feverish, sore ect, it simply means the vaccine is doing exactly as it should by causing an immune response.

I will take a couple days of feeling miserable. It's better than being in hospital on airway assist.
This is the way I'm looking at it.

My sister got her second shot last week. She had a mild headache, mild fever (99F) with chills and sore arm. She said it lasted about 24 hours and she felt much better after that. She didn't feel the need to take Tylenol after the second shot despite the fact that her symptoms were worse than those from her first shot.
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 02-15-2021
CDC says to still wear mask and social distance even after being vaccinated. I'm really happy to know after that second dose I don't have to quarantine due to exposure.
Me too but this kind of information is what confuses me...
If we can still carry and spread the virus, wouldn't it make sense to quarantine if exposed? I don't know, I know wearing a mask, social distancing and washing our hands helps a ton I know I'd feel horrible if I spread it to one of my DCK's after I knew I was exposed... know what I mean?

Originally Posted by e.j.:
This is the way I'm looking at it.

My sister got her second shot last week. She had a mild headache, mild fever (99F) with chills and sore arm. She said it lasted about 24 hours and she felt much better after that. She didn't feel the need to take Tylenol after the second shot despite the fact that her symptoms were worse than those from her first shot.
I've heard some people say they felt so bad they thought they were dying... and others say it was tough but not that bad.

I am sure it's different for everyone but personally I am terrified of the fall out from the second dose, not so much for me but for my husband. As a type 1 diabetic, they don't fight off things like regular people. Heck, the stomach flu put him in the ICU for 4 days a few years back.
Annalee 06:57 AM 02-15-2021
If we can still carry and spread the virus, wouldn't it make sense to quarantine if exposed? I don't know, I know wearing a mask, social distancing and washing our hands helps a ton I know I'd feel horrible if I spread it to one of my DCK's after I knew I was exposed... know what I mean?

I've heard some people say they felt so bad they thought they were dying... and others say it was tough but not that bad.

I am sure it's different for everyone but personally I am terrified of the fall out from the second dose, not so much for me but for my husband. As a type 1 diabetic, they don't fight off things like regular people. Heck, the stomach flu put him in the ICU for 4 days a few years back.
I really think the 'no quarantine for exposure' is a push to get people to get the vaccine??? But it will be nice to not have to close my daycare due to me being exposed anymore.
e.j. 12:36 PM 02-15-2021
I agree with you! It doesn't make sense to me that on the one hand, they say we still need to follow all other covid protocols after getting the vaccine but now we don't have to quarantine if exposed? Maybe as long as we're vaccinated and wearing the mask and distancing ourselves, they figure we're even less as apt to pass the virus along?? Now with all of the different variants of the virus popping up and no one seeming to know for sure if the vaccine will be effective against all of them, I wonder if they'll back track at some point and recommend quarantining again.

That's awful! I can understand why you're concerned. It really does seem to be an individual thing where some people feel fine after their shots and others seem to have harsher side effects. I hope your husband does ok with his second shot.
Annalee 09:54 AM 02-18-2021
I was sent a confirmation text that my covid vaccine was rescheduled for Thursday, Feb 25.
Josiegirl 03:43 AM 02-19-2021
I'm thankful to have my 2nd Moderna vaccine out of the way, as of Wednesday. I felt tired yesterday afternoon but it could've been just lack of sleep lately. And my arm is sore of course. I took a Tylenol only because I couldn't lift my arm up over my head and I'm a baby.
I'm not sure how much merit this holds, but on the AARP site, it says people <55 tend to have a little bit of a tougher time with the 2nd dose than older. No matter what, ask your dr. if there are any concerns about taking it safely or not.
Counting my Blessings. Good luck everyone!
Reimel61 12:25 PM 02-21-2021
Had my 2nd dose of Pfizer yesterday. Thank the Lord, I'm now 24 hours in and no major symptoms. My arm was more sore with the first dose than the 2nd dose. Had a very minor headache last evening, maybe lasted for 1/2 hour. Didn't take any Tylenol or Advil. Not even sure it was vaccine related. Feeling thankful.
CenterTeacher20 11:23 AM 02-24-2021
My first dose is officially scheduled for tomorrow!
Annalee 12:48 PM 02-25-2021
Mom and I got our vaccine today about 1:15....we shall see how things go!
CenterTeacher20 12:53 PM 02-25-2021
Just got my first dose at 12:30! Funniest thing about it was when I got to my appointment, and it was my turn, I ended up being vaccinated by a working DCM! I can't escape work anywhere.
Blackcat31 01:26 PM 02-25-2021
Mom and I got our vaccine today about 1:15....we shall see how things go!
Yay!! So happy to hear!!

Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
Just got my first dose at 12:30! Funniest thing about it was when I got to my appointment, and it was my turn, I ended up being vaccinated by a working DCM! I can't escape work anywhere.
That's funny!

I went in for my first one a while back and there were several nurses from public health doing them at stations.
Of course I get the nurse that just happens to be the grandparent of the child I terminated the day before.
Annalee 03:00 PM 02-25-2021
Yay!! So happy to hear!!

That's funny!

I went in for my first one a while back and there were several nurses from public health doing them at stations.
Of course I get the nurse that just happens to be the grandparent of the child I terminated the day before.
Now that's funny, BC! My experience had no drama.....it was at the health dept where my Mimi had retired from years earlier and they all kept walking around telling everyone this was Ms. June's granddaughter....Mimi passed 7 years ago so this made me happy that so many remembered and had fond stories to tell about her.
Pestle 07:28 PM 02-25-2021
I've had my first dose. I took the day off as a precaution since I've been reading about rough first-dose experiences from friends who were infected before their vaccination, but it turned out to be unnecessary.

I had a barely-symptomatic confirmed case of COVID in late January. I got vaccinated four days ago. My arm went fairly numb and tingly for a couple of hours, so I think they bumped a nerve. 28 hours after vaccination, I developed a very mild fever and chills that went away after another two hours. Beginning at the same time, I also had very very mild discomfort or some kind of inflammation everywhere that lasted for the next several hours--I wasn't really in pain, but I was aware of every dang part of my body.

(Uh, for those with cervices, you know how you never feel your cervix in your day-to-day living, and then you go in for a pap smear and spend the rest of the day like, "Oh hi there that's my cervix I can sure feel it"? It was like that, but for everything, down to the individual bones in my fingers and toes.)

All the symptoms were gone by the following morning.

Nothing ever felt bad, but I could feel that something was not normal. I can see why our daycare kids are cranky after their shots!
CenterTeacher20 08:09 AM 02-26-2021
My arm is sore as heck today, and it happens to be my baby carrying arm-so thats fun, but 2 of my 4 babies are leaving early today so that works out!

Other than the sore arm, I have no other side effects so far, other than being unusually thirsty today, but I have no idea if thats related lol
Tags:covid-19 - vaccination, vaccinations
1 2 3 
Reply Up