Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 3 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have Any of You Gotten The Vaccine?
Cat Herder 08:57 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
other than being unusually thirsty today, but I have no idea if thats related lol
That makes sense. Clotting is an issue with COVID-19 due to excessive coagulation. *As opposed to other ones like Ebola that cause excessive bleeding due to poor coagulation.

Pushing fluids will help.
Annalee 09:44 AM 02-26-2021
My arm is sore today but everything else seems fine. I was about three weeks late on my monthly B-12 shot I got yesterday as well so the washed out feeling has been with me for few weeks now so ?/

I did have my annual physical yesterday morning as well and I requested a check for covid antibodies when doing my bloodwork. The nurse just called and I do not have the antibodies and the doctor said normally that goes back 9 months so chances are, I have NOT had covid at all so??

So all seems well here...I feel mom hasn't had covid either since I haven't??
Deftones34 09:33 AM 02-27-2021
I get my second Moderna shot on March 3rd and I am a bit nervous about the side effects that I will get!
Unregistered 09:40 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Deftones34:
I get my second Moderna shot on March 3rd and I am a bit nervous about the side effects that I will get!
My adult child got 2nd Moderna yesterday. So far, no worse than the same 1st, maybe better.
Annalee 05:11 PM 02-28-2021
My mom said she felt 'washed out' yesterday....not sure if is related to the first dose of vaccine being received on Thursday, but seemed fine today. Our arms are not sore now either so hopefully the second dose will be just as smooth.
Meeko 09:49 AM 03-02-2021
Got my first dose last Friday. Utah isn't offering to daycare providers yet, just K-12 staff..................but I was eligible because I have diabetes.
My arm was a bit sore at the injection site the next day, but that was it. No other symptoms at all.
I get my second dose Friday March 19th.
Snowmom 10:44 AM 03-02-2021
I am 2 days past my 2nd dose of Moderna.

The only thing that really came out of the first dose was a bit of a headache, sore arm and a little tired. Then on Day 7, I had "covid arm" (a large red, warm to the touch, itchy welt). It went away in 2 days. Apparently it's a delayed immune response. Since I have a history of allergic reactions, I expected something to come up.

So far, 2 days after the 2nd dose, I've had a pretty annoying arm pain, a slight fever (99.2) and some very faint body aches/chills. But, I'm also still recovering from cancer treatment. So... may be related, may not be.

My Dad had his second dose of Moderna last week (72 yrs) and he was down and out for 3 days. My mom (68) also had her 2nd last week and had zero side effects.
Deftones34 04:01 PM 03-04-2021
I got my second shot of Moderna last evening. 10 hours afterwards, I started have some arm soreness and a flu-ish feeling. That lasted about 3 hours and I have been feeling great ever since. My arm soreness seems to be going away now too.
Unregistered 06:41 PM 03-04-2021
I got my first dose Wednesday and have felt great except for a sore arm similar to getting a flu shot but no tovet symptoms
Blackcat31 03:29 PM 03-07-2021
Got my second vaccine dose on Friday
I have had no side effects whatsoever.
Hubby has a slightly sore arm and a light red rash around the area of the injection but nothing unmanageable or too bad.
Annalee 04:48 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Got my second vaccine dose on Friday
I have had no side effects whatsoever.
Hubby has a slightly sore arm and a light red rash around the area of the injection but nothing unmanageable or too bad.
I was wondering how your second dose went? Glad all is good! I have my second dose March 25.
Blackcat31 05:01 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I was wondering how your second dose went? Glad all is good! I have my second dose March 25.
I will admit I was anxious... so many different situations shared so I didn’t really know what to expect but I just decided I’d be fine and since I’m a fairly healthy person with no underlying health issues, I figured mind over matter...

it worked well I guess...
MyAngels 08:22 AM 03-08-2021
I finally got my first dose on Saturday. I had to go through a local pharmacy to get it. Our local health department has been doing a very poor job of administering the doses they get. I know they're not doing it on purpose, but it's an absolute cluster and they've had plenty of time to plan for it
CenterTeacher20 08:25 AM 03-08-2021
I got my first dose on feb 25th, earlier than my two coworkers, who just got theirs this past Friday. They were apparently both sick allll weekend. Nothing happened to me with mine though. I do wish I would have gotten mine on a Thursday and not a Friday, because now my second dose is on a Thursday as well and I've heard much worse stories about the second dose, but I'll still have to be at work the next day
Blackcat31 08:56 AM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
I got my first dose on feb 25th, earlier than my two coworkers, who just got theirs this past Friday. They were apparently both sick allll weekend. Nothing happened to me with mine though. I do wish I would have gotten mine on a Thursday and not a Friday, because now my second dose is on a Thursday as well and I've heard much worse stories about the second dose, but I'll still have to be at work the next day
I haven't really heard of anyone that has had issues with their first dose other than a sore arm so it's interesting that your co-workers got sick with the first.

From all the people I know that have had a second dose it seems to be about 50-50 in regards to having any side effects. I got the Moderna vaccine and had zero issues. I didn't even have a sore arm.
CenterTeacher20 12:15 PM 03-08-2021
I haven't really heard of anyone that has had issues with their first dose other than a sore arm so it's interesting that your co-workers got sick with the first.

From all the people I know that have had a second dose it seems to be about 50-50 in regards to having any side effects. I got the Moderna vaccine and had zero issues. I didn't even have a sore arm.
Yeah, they're kind of the types that like to milk things though so not sure if they were actually as dramatically sick as they made it sound lol. Neither of them told me symptoms. Just that they were "sick all weekend" lol
BumbleBee 05:55 PM 03-09-2021
Received my first moderna vaccine yesterday evening. Arm is sore. Same level of soreness as getting a tdap. Otherwise I feel fine.
Blackcat31 07:07 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
Received my first moderna vaccine yesterday evening. Arm is sore. Same level of soreness as getting a tdap. Otherwise I feel fine.
Hi! Nice to see you!
How have you been?
BumbleBee 06:11 AM 03-10-2021
Hi! Nice to see you!
How have you been?
Hi! I've been doing ok. This last year has been a challenge, as it has been for many people.
Cat Herder 07:26 AM 03-11-2021
DH and I are getting the Johnson & Johnson's Janssen COVID-19 vaccine today. I will update how I feel this evening.

I planned on skipping it this year, I have been outvoted by my doc, DH, dad, kids and one of my employers.
Annalee 07:47 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
DH and I are getting the Johnson & Johnson's Janssen COVID-19 vaccine today. I will update how I feel this evening.

I planned on skipping it this year, I have been outvoted by my doc, DH, dad, kids and one of my employers.
A 23 yr old diabetic college kid from church had the Johnson/Johnson vaccine yesterday and was very sick last night Temp, achy, fatigue, etc.
Cat Herder 08:04 AM 03-11-2021
A 23 yr old diabetic college kid from church had the Johnson/Johnson vaccine yesterday and was very sick last night Temp, achy, fatigue, etc.
I saw the same in a couple others I know at my other job, mostly lasting about 24 hours. Happily for me , a kid already passed me a stomach bug so I won't be able to tell the dang difference. Bleck....

I feel more comfortable with the J&J one, so if I am going to do it, this is the one I want.
gpattillo68 10:09 AM 03-11-2021
I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on 3/8 of this week. I had a sore arm the next day that felt tender snd more like a bruise. I felt a little off, but couldn’t tell if that was just how my day was going to go. I’m happy to the have the first one out of the way.
Cat Herder 12:15 PM 03-11-2021
It has been a few hours and all I feel is a bit sore. Like a bee sting at first, then like riding in the back of the car with my kid brother and seeing VW beetle with one headlight out. Double shot.

Not too bad.
284878 04:56 AM 03-12-2021

How did you find out what you were getting before you got there?
Blackcat31 06:07 AM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
When I signed up to get my vaccine, I filled out a pre-appointment form and on the form it told me which vaccine we were going to get. Most everyone I know, has been informed of which one they'll be getting before they get it.

I don't know how other places are managing it but as far as I am aware, in my state, that is how it's been for everyone.
Meeko 06:25 AM 03-12-2021
I got my first shot (Phizer) on Feb 26th. Other than a slightly bruised feeling at the injection site, I had no other symptoms at all.
I get my second shot next Friday (19th). I've heard the second shot can maybe make you feel under the weather, so glad I'm having it on a Friday.
I feel great relief to be vaccinated. I have diabetes and some other underlying health problems.

My husband and son had their first shot yesterday and are scheduled for jab #2 on April 5th.

My 24 yr old daughter had covid a couple months ago (felt like crap and admitted to crying she ached so much

She feels great now and I'm glad we will all be safer soon.
LysesKids 10:46 AM 03-12-2021

I got the J&J Wednesday night... I slept most of yesterday away, but other than that no issues. I qualified 1c in this state due to health issues. Miss coming here to chat, but I'm still in school getting another degree lol; I changed my mind on getting a jab after I saw how sick my oldest daughter got with Covid... she's gonna be a long hauler & hasn't been able to work in a few months
Annalee 10:55 AM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I got the J&J Wednesday night... I slept most of yesterday away, but other than that no issues. I qualified 1c in this state due to health issues. Miss coming here to chat, but I'm still in school getting another degree lol; I changed my mind on getting a jab after I saw how sick my oldest daughter got with Covid... she's gonna be a long hauler & hasn't been able to work in a few months
my aunt is a long-hauler....doctors have told us she would never be the same She was such an active person and now she can't drive....has home health come in twice a week, sees urologist, cardiologist, ENT, etc....not like she has any one thing; just a combination of things....she just never recovered fully. She is 69 but that's still young if you knew how she was a go-to-ballgames, keep her grandkids, shop till you drop, kind of person....Sad! I was afraid dh would be like this but he seems to have recovered nicely!
LysesKids 11:32 AM 03-12-2021
my aunt is a long-hauler....doctors have told us she would never be the same She was such an active person and now she can't drive....has home health come in twice a week, sees urologist, cardiologist, ENT, etc....not like she has any one thing; just a combination of things....she just never recovered fully. She is 69 but that's still young if you knew how she was a go-to-ballgames, keep her grandkids, shop till you drop, kind of person....Sad! I was afraid dh would be like this but he seems to have recovered nicely!
I'm glad your dh is doing well; Heather & I both have Alpha 1 disease, but hers is worse & she already had damaged lungs when she fell ill... her husband & all my grands got it too. I don't wish it on anyone (she spent a few weeks in the ICU). I miss doing childcare, but my leg gave out to the point I need a walker some days... at least with this new degree, I can go back to working even if I can't walk.
Deftones34 09:33 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Really sorry to read about your daughter going through that. Do you think she will ever be able to work again?

I am a longhauler and wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Annalee 03:29 PM 03-13-2021
DH was on a waiting list for the vaccine; got a call yesterday that they had some vaccines to be given, so he got his shot about 2:00 PM. Was fine till about 3:00 PM today.....chills, achy, sore arm, etc. I think it will pass, but he is not feeling well at all...has taken tylenol.
Cat Herder 07:13 AM 03-15-2021
I called and confirmed before I scheduled the appointment.
Annalee 07:59 AM 03-15-2021
I called and confirmed before I scheduled the appointment.
DH went to work this morning, still had a headache, but I think he is good!
Cat Herder 08:04 AM 03-15-2021
DH went to work this morning, still had a headache, but I think he is good!
I am glad to hear it.
Gemma 12:54 PM 03-16-2021

I didn't see this one coming I'm thinking I might be the only one left to not want it
284878 04:35 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Gemma:
I didn't see this one coming I'm thinking I might be the only one left to not want it
You're not the only one I haven't gotten either.
Gemma 04:38 AM 03-17-2021
You're not the only one I haven't gotten either.
Will you, eventually, or are you totally opposed?
Annalee 04:48 AM 03-17-2021
I had a mammagram scheduled for tomorrow but they called me to ask if I had the vaccine recently....told me they requested me waiting till 8 weeks past the second dose??? Wonder why they just began that and didn't ask when I made the appoinment last month?? My second dose is March 25 so it will be mid May before I can get that done??
Cat Herder 05:17 AM 03-17-2021
I want to keep my teaching contracts (funding my own retirement). There are a lot of finger pointing and social/political implications to this.

Of the three, J&J worried me the least.
Cat Herder 05:17 AM 03-17-2021
I had a mammagram scheduled for tomorrow but they called me to ask if I had the vaccine recently....told me they requested me waiting till 8 weeks past the second dose??? Wonder why they just began that and didn't ask when I made the appoinment last month?? My second dose is March 25 so it will be mid May before I can get that done??
Weird. I have my mammogram in two weeks and nothing was asked. I'd be curious if you get an answer.
PB&J 06:46 AM 03-17-2021
The vaccine can cause swollen lymph nodes that will show up on the mammogram, confusing the results. This happened to a coworker. The CDC is warning about it on their FAQs for the vaccines.
Cat Herder 07:29 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by PB&J:
The vaccine can cause swollen lymph nodes that will show up on the mammogram, confusing the results. This happened to a coworker. The CDC is warning about it on their FAQs for the vaccines.
Thanks. I stopped looking at those forever ago. So sick of it all, I guess.
PB&J 04:08 PM 03-17-2021
Thanks. I stopped looking at those forever ago. So sick of it all, I guess.
SAME. So so so SAME. Cannot bear to see another “COVID surge predicted” headline.
I looked this up because of coworker’s dilemma.
284878 10:57 AM 03-18-2021
Will you, eventually, or are you totally opposed?
I go back and forth. I was looking to get it and then I heard a pointless report that said xx% of Trump voters are not going to get the vaccine and only x% of Biden voters are not going to get the vaccine. And I thought there they go making it political. So now I am annoyed with the whole thing and really do not care if I get it or not.
Michael 01:33 PM 03-18-2021
SAME. So so so SAME. Cannot bear to see another “COVID surge predicted” headline.
I looked this up because of coworker’s dilemma.
I think Americans are willing to do what is needed for the betterment of everyone but when Fauci now states that the virus and future viruses are a matter of climate change, I cringe. Next, it will be that future pandemics are systematic because of carbon.
Cat Herder 04:57 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Michael:
I think Americans are willing to do what is needed for the betterment of everyone but when Fauci now states that the virus and future viruses are a matter of climate change, I cringe. Next, it will be that future pandemics are systematic because of carbon.

Right???
Josiegirl 05:42 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Michael:
https://bestlifeonline.com/climate-change-pandemics/

This is the only article I've read on this. And lord knows, I'll never win an award for being the smartest, but some of what they discuss here, IMO, could theoretically happen. Why not?
I firmly believe climate change is a thing (I know many do not) but I also believe a LOT of changes in this world will come about and have come about due to climate change.
CenterTeacher20 08:01 AM 03-19-2021
Got my second Pfizer dose yesterday, and let me tell you, I feel like I got hit by a bus today. I had a dull headache that started about 3 hours after the injection and got worse throughout last night, woke up around 2am with chills so bad I was just shaking, today even after Tylenol I'm battling a low-grade fever and chills and a headache-- but I'm still at work cause I don't trust anyone else with my infants Only 7 more hours. I can do this. Lol
Annalee 08:07 AM 03-25-2021
Had the second dose at 9:00 AM today? We shall see!!!!
dolores 09:27 AM 03-25-2021
This was my experience. I had a mammogram/ultrasound recently. Results stated I had a prominent axillary lymph node possibly due to covid vaccine and that I am to get another ultrasound evaluation in 3 months.
Annalee 04:28 AM 03-26-2021
Other than a 'very' sore arm, I'm good to go this morning. Will be 24 hours at 9:00 AM since receiving the vaccine so I hope I'm out of the woods. I did take tylenol before bed but just did so because??
Blackcat31 05:47 AM 03-26-2021
Other than a 'very' sore arm, I'm good to go this morning. Will be 24 hours at 9:00 AM since receiving the vaccine so I hope I'm out of the woods. I did take tylenol before bed but just did so because??
Yay! I had no issues either so nice to hear you have come out the other side unscathed! lol!

I did hear that it's a full 48 hours before you're technically out of the woods but who knows, as the stories, theories and experiences have been vastly different. *shrugs*

I think it's awesome that so many providers have had little to no negative side effects. Shows how tough we all are!
Annalee 06:04 AM 03-26-2021
Yay! I had no issues either so nice to hear you have come out the other side unscathed! lol!

I did hear that it's a full 48 hours before you're technically out of the woods but who knows, as the stories, theories and experiences have been vastly different. *shrugs*

I think it's awesome that so many providers have had little to no negative side effects. Shows how tough we all are!
Yes; TOUGH being the key word
Josiegirl 09:46 AM 03-26-2021
Yes; TOUGH being the key word
Must be all those diaper blow-outs, crazy parents and state regulations you all deal with! Who knew it built character and a strong immune system?
Cat Herder 09:57 AM 03-26-2021
I was shocked to hear the number of countries that have not had access to even one dose, yet.

We have a mass site down the road almost empty and waiting/with plenty because no one wants moderna.
Annalee 10:06 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Must be all those diaper blow-outs, crazy parents and state regulations you all deal with! Who knew it built character and a strong immune system?
It's a "never say die" mentality. Keep getting up and moving forward. You only have to get up one more time than you fall to succeed!
Deftones34 12:51 PM 03-26-2021
I was shocked to hear the number of countries that have not had access to even one dose, yet.

We have a mass site down the road almost empty and waiting/with plenty because no one wants moderna.
How come no one wants that one?
DaveA 01:05 PM 03-26-2021
Got my 2nd dose (Phizer) two days ago. Arm was sore for about day and a half. Yesterday morning I wasn’t feeling great but was was functional. After that no problems.
Cat Herder 01:31 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by Deftones34:
How come no one wants that one?
Because of the number of painful side effects and scheduling difficulty for the second shot so many locals were posting about on our local facebook pages. First person accounts, from people they know.

When the site switched over to J&J for a few weeks, no one was posting locally about having issues, people were happy to only need one dose (one and done), they were relieved at how easy/painless it was and the appointment scheduling skyrocketed.

Then, they got another shipment of Moderna and the locals were again posting about bad side effects and difficulty or fear of getting the second shot on time.

The first round here was Pfizer, and the negative posts were not nearly as bad as for the Moderna. Everyone I know waiting right now are praying for the J&J to come back through ASAP. Many are fine with Pfizer, too.
Annalee 03:16 PM 03-26-2021
Because of the number of painful side effects and scheduling difficulty for the second shot so many locals were posting about on our local facebook pages. First person accounts, from people they know.

When the site switched over to J&J for a few weeks, no one was posting locally about having issues, people were happy to only need one dose (one and done), they were relieved at how easy/painless it was and the appointment scheduling skyrocketed.

Then, they got another shipment of Moderna and the locals were again posting about bad side effects and difficulty or fear of getting the second shot on time.

The first round here was Pfizer, and the negative posts were not nearly as bad as for the Moderna. Everyone I know waiting right now are praying for the J&J to come back through ASAP. Many are fine with Pfizer, too.
Wow, I haven't heard anything here other than the one-shot is easier so you don't have to go back twice??? They've even been good not to waste vaccines here offering it to people on a waiting list when appointment-people don't show up. Oh well, my motivating factor for the vaccination is not having to quarantine for exposure and technically I can be open even if all my kids are having to quarantine for some reason or another.
Deftones34 03:24 PM 03-26-2021

Okay, gotcha! I think people should be prepared for possibly feeling icky side effects from both Moderna and Pfizer. I don't know much about the J&J one though.
CeriBear 07:39 AM 03-27-2021
I’ve had both doses of the Phizer and no side effects except that I was a bit tired after the second.
Annalee 07:42 AM 03-27-2021
My arm was less sore this second time around. Not sure why but?
e.j. 01:55 PM 03-27-2021
My husband, son and I got our first Moderna shots about 3 hours ago. So far, so good. No side effects yet but I know that can change. My dd got hers yesterday afternoon and said her arm began to hurt about 2 hours or so after. She woke early this morning to go to work and said she was in a fair amount of pain and could barely move her arm. She had a hard time putting her deodorant on, getting dressed and brushing her hair and teeth - she said she wished she had called out. She just came home a few minutes ago and while she still can't raise her arm much, she said the pain is easing up somewhat. (Tylenol might have helped but she can't take pain meds right now and has also been experiencing shoulder pain for the past few weeks so I'm not sure how much of the pain is from the shot and how much is from the PT session she had yesterday morning.)
Annalee 06:11 PM 03-27-2021
I went to my primary care doctor office to get my monthly b-12 shot today and asked if she would give it in my right shoulder as my left was where I got second covid shot a couple days ago. I asked why my arm hurt so bad the first time but not so much the second dose. the nurse said sometimes it's not the shot per se but where on the arm the nurse gives it. She said if the nurse gives it high near the shoulder it is more painful???? I also asked about why my mammogram was cancelled due to the vaccine and she said the same thing a previous poster had said.....the vaccine is causing some lymph nodes to swell and show up on the mammogram?
e.j. 09:25 PM 03-27-2021
the nurse said sometimes it's not the shot per se but where on the arm the nurse gives it. She said if the nurse gives it high near the shoulder it is more painful????
Based on our experience, I think she's right! About a half hour after I posted, my shoulder did start to hurt and it is higher up near my shoulder. I believe my dd's shot was also higher up. My dh and ds still say they aren't experiencing any pain. Their shots were administered lower down on their arm.
flying_babyb 11:40 PM 03-27-2021
Patiently waiting. Our city only has moderna and with the clotting issues it has caused, I dont feel comfortable with it (as I have had clotting issues in the past). Just waiting for the johnson and johnson to make it here!
Josiegirl 03:10 AM 03-28-2021
Originally Posted by e.j.:
My husband, son and I got our first Moderna shots about 3 hours ago. So far, so good. No side effects yet but I know that can change. My dd got hers yesterday afternoon and said her arm began to hurt about 2 hours or so after. She woke early this morning to go to work and said she was in a fair amount of pain and could barely move her arm. She had a hard time putting her deodorant on, getting dressed and brushing her hair and teeth - she said she wished she had called out. She just came home a few minutes ago and while she still can't raise her arm much, she said the pain is easing up somewhat. (Tylenol might have helped but she can't take pain meds right now and has also been experiencing shoulder pain for the past few weeks so I'm not sure how much of the pain is from the shot and how much is from the PT session she had yesterday morning.)
From everybody that I know who's had the Moderna vaccine, side affects have been so different for everybody. Most are fine by the 24-36 hour mark afterwards. Myself, I only had a couple hours of fatigue. My sister had fatigue and felt a little crummy 24 hrs. later, took Tylenol and went to bed early, was fine. Same with dh and he went to work throughout. My niece, age 54, had to call out work and stay home in bed with chills/fever for 24 hrs. My brother has gout and it made his gout flare up. The scariest part is the not knowing how it'd affect you.

Our # are increasing in Vermont. Between nursing homes, correctional centers and schools, we're getting a lot of new cases every day. Pair that with people appearing out of the woodwork due to better weather, feeling safer due to vaccines, more face-to-face classes, and I think people are so sick of being cooped up plus figure if they haven't gotten it by now.......... # are going to jump for awhile longer.

I'm just going to keep to my extreme introverted ways.
e.j. 05:53 PM 03-28-2021
The scariest part is the not knowing how it'd affect you.
This is definitely the scariest part. Our next shot is scheduled on a Sunday. I'm hoping I won't have to close that Monday but will be warning my dc parents to have a plan B in place just in case. My dd has been dealing with Lyme Disease for the past 13 years and I am more concerned about how her body will react to the second shot than I am about the rest of us. I haven't heard of any particular problem with LD sufferers but she's got enough going on that she doesn't need anything else to make her feel worse physically.

Our # are increasing in Vermont. Between nursing homes, correctional centers and schools, we're getting a lot of new cases every day. Pair that with people appearing out of the woodwork due to better weather, feeling safer due to vaccines, more face-to-face classes, and I think people are so sick of being cooped up plus figure if they haven't gotten it by now.......... # are going to jump for awhile longer.

I'm just going to keep to my extreme introverted ways.
Same here. The site we went to was one of the "mass vaccination" sites set up by the state. It was located in a very large shopping mall and although we're also experiencing growing numbers of Covid again in this state, the parking lot and garage were packed full of cars. We didn't go into the mall itself but my dd did the day before when she was looking for the vaccination site. She said she felt very uncomfortable with the number of people inside the mall itself; it was way too crowded. I get that people are tired of being cooped up. I just wish they could/would tough it out a little longer so we could stop going through these surge cycles.
284878 06:38 AM 03-29-2021
This is definitely the scariest part. Our next shot is scheduled on a Sunday. I'm hoping I won't have to close that Monday but will be warning my dc parents to have a plan B in place just in case. My dd has been dealing with Lyme Disease for the past 13 years and I am more concerned about how her body will react to the second shot than I am about the rest of us. I haven't heard of any particular problem with LD sufferers but she's got enough going on that she doesn't need anything else to make her feel worse physically.

Same here. The site we went to was one of the "mass vaccination" sites set up by the state. It was located in a very large shopping mall and although we're also experiencing growing numbers of Covid again in this state, the parking lot and garage were packed full of cars. We didn't go into the mall itself but my dd did the day before when she was looking for the vaccination site. She said she felt very uncomfortable with the number of people inside the mall itself; it was way too crowded. I get that people are tired of being cooped up. I just wish they could/would tough it out a little longer so we could stop going through these surge cycles.
How ironic, people don't want to be cooped up so they go somewhere that is over crowded and they have a harder time to move around and no fresh air, just like a chicken in a chicken coop.

When I feel cooped up I head to the nature and go for a walk with my kids, free range.
Cat Herder 07:38 AM 03-29-2021
The site we went to was one of the "mass vaccination" sites set up by the state. It was located in a very large shopping mall

Ours was at the fair grounds. They used the rodeo/livestock show building in the loading area, where they offload cattle. It was a large, long (spotless clean) building with many garage doors on each side creating 12 or so "drive throughs". Completely open air and covered from the rain,. One car entered at a time, stopped in front of a table with staff and just hung their arm out. They then followed the gates around to the public parking lot, parked for 15 minutes, honked if they felt ill (National Reserve Soldiers on duty) and turned in their expired time stamp/personal info card on the way out to get their vaccine card. Simple. Right?

Even then people were complaining about being treated like cattle. It was free, fast, super efficient and low risk. What more could you ask for? They expected it to be more "social" and "dignified".
e.j. 01:15 PM 03-29-2021
How ironic, people don't want to be cooped up so they go somewhere that is over crowded and they have a harder time to move around and no fresh air, just like a chicken in a chicken coop.

When I feel cooped up I head to the nature and go for a walk with my kids, free range.
I know! One of the last places I want to be right now is a crowded mall.
e.j. 02:02 PM 03-29-2021

Ours was at the fair grounds. They used the rodeo/livestock show building in the loading area, where they offload cattle. It was a large, long (spotless clean) building with many garage doors on each side creating 12 or so "drive throughs". Completely open air and covered from the rain,. One car entered at a time, stopped in front of a table with staff and just hung their arm out. They then followed the gates around to the public parking lot, parked for 15 minutes, honked if they felt ill (National Reserve Soldiers on duty) and turned in their expired time stamp/personal info card on the way out to get their vaccine card. Simple. Right?

Even then people were complaining about being treated like cattle. It was free, fast, super efficient and low risk. What more could you ask for? They expected it to be more "social" and "dignified".
I was just happy my family members and I were all able to get a shot at all! lol

I do wish our state set up their mass vaccination sites like yours though. For whatever reason, our state hasn't done such a great job with the distribution of vaccines up until now. We actually had an outdoor site set up in our town at the senior center five minutes away from our home. From everything I read, it was well organized, quick and everyone stayed in their cars to get their shots, too. It would have been so great if we could have gone there to get our shots. Unfortunately, the state decided to stop sending vaccines to them in favor of the mass vaccination sites. I will say that although we had to travel almost an hour to get there, the site we went to this weekend was well organized and while it's considered a "mass vaccination site", there weren't long lines of people waiting to get in. It was located in a large, vacant store (used to be a Sears department store so huge!) that had a separate entrance from the mall itself. Everyone had to wait in their cars until 10 minutes before their appointment and follow Covid protocols once inside. Once registered, you moved to an area where you were assigned to one of several tents where you got the vaccine. You then went to one of two large waiting areas where you either waited for 15 or 30 minutes after your shot to make sure you weren't suffering from any serious side effects. It was a day set aside for teachers and child care workers and you had to have an appointment so there weren't many people in the building at any one time. I would have preferred an outside venue like the one you described but it was definitely less crowded than the grocery store I shop at every weekend so I felt relatively safe. Definitely had no interest at all in walking the mall itself!
Valerie928 06:13 AM 03-30-2021
My husband and I will finally get our vaccines this Friday. I am in NY and the supply has been iffy. Eligibility has not meant availability around here. So, we are driving over an hour away to receive our vaccines. Not even sure if it's going to be moderna/Pfizer or J&J
Blackcat31 06:20 AM 03-30-2021
My state just made the vaccine available to anyone over age 16 regardless of physical health. Anyone over 16 yrs of age is eligible. My son went online this morning to make an appointment and is scheduled to get his this Friday already.

Im saddened to hear of so many people in other states still struggling to get theirs. I wonder why some states are having so much trouble...if it's the way in which they've managed distribution or if it's having enough supply or what.

My state isn't small and has it's fair share of major cities etc and I haven't really heard of anyone really having issues with getting vaccinated at all.
Valerie928 06:38 AM 03-30-2021
My state just made the vaccine available to anyone over age 16 regardless of physical health. Anyone over 16 yrs of age is eligible. My son went online this morning to make an appointment and is scheduled to get his this Friday already.

Im saddened to hear of so many people in other states still struggling to get theirs. I wonder why some states are having so much trouble...if it's the way in which they've managed distribution or if it's having enough supply or what.

My state isn't small and has it's fair share of major cities etc and I haven't really heard of anyone really having issues with getting vaccinated at all.
Hey BC, just wondering how your husband did after receiving his vaccine/vaccines? As long as I have been looking forward to my husband and I getting ours. I am still a little scared.
Blackcat31 07:23 AM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
Hey BC, just wondering how your husband did after receiving his vaccine/vaccines? As long as I have been looking forward to my husband and I getting ours. I am still a little scared.
We both got the Moderna version. No issues what so ever. My hubby did complain of a bit of a sore arm from both shots but that is it. No other side effects at all.
I didn't have a sore arm from either the first or second shot.

I was all prepared and waited... lol! But nothing.

Hoping you and your hubby have the same experience!
Valerie928 07:48 AM 03-30-2021
We both got the Moderna version. No issues what so ever. My hubby did complain of a bit of a sore arm from both shots but that is it. No other side effects at all.
I didn't have a sore arm from either the first or second shot.

I was all prepared and waited... lol! But nothing.

Hoping you and your hubby have the same experience!
❤ Glad to know you both had positive experiences!
Valerie928 01:36 PM 04-02-2021
Hubby and I got Pfizered today. So far, so good.
lovemykidstoo 03:00 PM 04-02-2021
My husband and I got the Pfizer vacc. We had the 2nd shot last Wednesday. The first one my arm was sore for a week and that was it. The 2nd shot, I was tired yesterday, but I don't know if it had anything to do with the shot. Other than that, no issues at all. Not even a sore arm on the 2nd one.
Annalee 06:01 AM 04-04-2021
My brother, sisinlaw, and their two sons got the vaccine Thursday last week but were fine.....sore arm but I think that's normal with any shot!
284878 04:05 PM 04-06-2021
My arm itches and I think my tongue feels weird. They made me sit for 30 minutes because of my previous reactions to other vaccines. I was the last appointment for the day, so I got to sit all alone.

The next one was prescheduled by them, so no waiting for a call to schedule it.

I got modema.
Hunni Bee 04:06 PM 04-07-2021
I’m done with both rounds. I got Moderna. The second shot didn’t give me too many actual symptoms, but it made me TIRED. I got it on 2/26 and it took me basically the whole month of March to regain my energy. But I feel normal again and I’m grateful for the protection
Former Teacher 01:57 PM 04-08-2021
I FINALLY got my shot today.

I had been trying for weeks. My county finally had an opening at a mass hub at a local Catholic church. It was extremely well organized and put together.

I was in and done within minutes. I (and everyone else) had to sit for 5 to 10 mins afterwards to see about any reactions. I go for my second one at the beginning of May.

As for side effects, the nurse told me to expect them. So far only a sore arm and feeling extremely tired. I am thankful that I have tomorrow and of course the weekend off to rest. When I go for my second one it's on a Friday so that's good as well!
Annalee 05:13 AM 04-13-2021
Are they pausing the J & J vaccine in your state? They have temporarily paused it in my state effective today??
Cat Herder 06:38 AM 04-13-2021
Are they pausing the J & J vaccine in your state? They have temporarily paused it in my state effective today??
I believe it is all states although, I don't understand why. All had issues with blood clots, why single out only one? Does not pass the sniff test.

"As of April 12, more than 6.8 million doses of the J&J vaccine had been administered in the United States." Then 6 women developed clots. 6.

Curious who and what is at the helm of the other two companies.... To say I have reached "no faith" status in any of this governmental BS is an understatement.

"Moderna and Pfizer shares climb after CDC calls for pause in use of J&J COVID-19 vaccine" https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...cid=uxbndlbing
Annalee 06:43 AM 04-13-2021
I believe it is all states although, I don't understand why. All had issues with blood clots, why single out only one? Does not pass the sniff test.

"As of April 12, more than 6.8 million doses of the J&J vaccine had been administered in the United States." Then 6 women developed clots. 6.

Curious who and what is at the helm of the other two companies.... To say I have reached "no faith" status in any of this governmental BS is an understatement.

"Moderna and Pfizer shares climb after CDC calls for pause in use of J&J COVID-19 vaccine" https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...cid=uxbndlbing
Not sure what's up but clots were a risk with covid anyway??? I wonder if it's too much at one time similarly to children's vaccines where some are given spaced apart??
Cat Herder 07:09 AM 04-13-2021
Not sure what's up but clots were a risk with covid anyway??? I wonder if it's too much at one time similarly to children's vaccines where some are given spaced apart??
Maybe.

I hope I live 30 more years to see the release of classified docs from the past 5 years.

I did end up having to have a second mammogram, ABUS, ultrasound and biopsy because of abnormal results. All came back fine in the end but cost me two days of my vacation time and whatever medical bills insurance refuses to pay. So glad I fell on my sword and took the shot for my job for a "possible" 6-8 months of immunity.

Lesson re-learned.
Annalee 07:11 AM 04-13-2021
Maybe.

I hope I live 30 more years to see the release of classified docs from the past 5 years.

I did end up having to have a second mammogram, ABUS, ultrasound and biopsy because of abnormal results. All came back fine in the end but cost me two days of my vacation time and whatever medical bills insurance refuses to pay. So glad I fell on my sword and took the shot for my job for a "possible" 6-8 months of immunity.

Lesson re-learned.
Glad they stopped me from having my mammogram. You know they will have commercials later that say "if you received the covid vaccine of 2020, please call this lawyer"
Cat Herder 07:15 AM 04-13-2021
Glad they stopped me from having my mammogram. You know they will have commercials later that say "if you received the covid vaccine of 2020, please call this lawyer"
I eagerly await my check for $00.18.
Annalee 07:16 AM 04-13-2021
I eagerly await my check for $00.18.
They might ask for money back
Valerie928 05:19 PM 04-13-2021

I feel like 6 people out of 6.8 million people will have blood clots happen. Covid vaccine or not. 1 in 200 people will succumb to a brain aneurysm. If a person that was destined to die from an aneurysm just so happened to get a vaccine, was the vaccine to blame? Probably not.
Cat Herder 03:49 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
I feel like 6 people out of 6.8 million people will have blood clots happen. Covid vaccine or not. 1 in 200 people will succumb to a brain aneurysm. If a person that was destined to die from an aneurysm just so happened to get a vaccine, was the vaccine to blame? Probably not.
I agree with you. It is ridiculous. I feel they (J&J) are being singled out for another reason. All 6 were women of childbearing age and there was a strong correlation with birth control. When you add in the fact that BC already increases the risk of clots and heart attack by as much as 60% for women with a family history, 1 in one million is almost irrelevant.
Valerie928 07:05 AM 04-14-2021
I agree with you. It is ridiculous. I feel they (J&J) are being singled out for another reason. All 6 were women of childbearing age and there was a strong correlation with birth control. When you add in the fact that BC already increases the risk of clots and heart attack by as much as 60% for women with a family history, 1 in one million is almost irrelevant.
And only 1 out of the 6 women passed away. Yet over 500 thousand Americans have died from the virus.
mooseriot 09:44 AM 04-18-2021
I just got my second dose today for Pfizer. The first dose all I had was a sore arm. This time I don’t even have that been feeling normal.
284878 11:16 AM 04-18-2021
Questions what is the CDC requirements if you are exposed after one shot? (Possible exposure happened one week after first shot)
Annalee 01:58 PM 04-18-2021
Questions what is the CDC requirements if you are exposed after one shot? (Possible exposure happened one week after first shot)
Honestly, after all I've been through, I'd just plead the 5th and move on
Blackcat31 02:03 PM 04-18-2021
I have no idea but I would assume you need to follow the rules as if you are t vaccinated since even fully vaccinated people exposed have limits for the rules

“CDC said fully vaccinated individuals may skip quarantine only if the exposure occurs within three months of their final dose—the same timeframe CDC recommends for people who have recovered from a confirmed case of Covid-19—since it remains unclear how long a vaccine's protection lasts.”

https://www.advisory.com/en/daily-br.../18/quarantine
Blackcat31 02:03 PM 04-18-2021
Does your state have a public health line you can call?
Tags:covid-19 - vaccination, vaccinations
1 2 3 
Reply Up