Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Care Ad For Newborn
momofboys 09:02 PM 01-20-2012
I won't post the whole ad but here's part of it. Still has me baffled & shaking my head. I know some people will never "get it".

"My wife works near ******xx in microbiology, and I work near ****** and work in aerospace. We are both college graduates. . . . . . we would like to find care for our infant son for about $100/week "

The kicker IMO is that they want you to possibly come to their home & the hours are 7-5 - I guess they are open to going to a provider's home but it irritates me to no end that they flaunt their wonderful careers & then want to pay about $2/hr for their baby's care.
Michael 09:25 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by momofboys:
I won't post the whole ad but here's part of it. Still has me baffled & shaking my head. I know some people will never "get it".

"My wife works near ******xx in microbiology, and I work near ****** and work in aerospace. We are both college graduates. . . . . . we would like to find care for our infant son for about $100/week "

The kicker IMO is that they want you to possibly come to their home & the hours are 7-5 - I guess they are open to going to a provider's home but it irritates me to no end that they flaunt their wonderful careers & then want to pay about $2/hr for their baby's care.
They would be geniuses if they found good care for that cheap.
I get more the feeling their heads are up a little to high where the air is thin.
cheerfuldom 11:51 AM 01-21-2012
sometimes super intelligent people have no common sense. either they seriously undervalue the "help's" time and work or as new parents, they have no clue what it takes to care for a baby and no idea what they will be getting for that price. There is no way they would find anyone around here to take a nanny job for that price, period.
momofboys 02:28 PM 01-21-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
sometimes super intelligent people have no common sense. either they seriously undervalue the "help's" time and work or as new parents, they have no clue what it takes to care for a baby and no idea what they will be getting for that price. There is no way they would find anyone around here to take a nanny job for that price, period.
Yes! :-) I just sort of laughed out loud when I read it & thought "first time parents!" have no clue! I believe the dad works for the National Air Force Museum & I am not saying the parents make a ton of $$$ but I am guessing once they get no takers they will quickly realize how low that is!
momofboys 02:28 PM 01-21-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
I get more the feeling their heads are up a little to high where the air is thin.
So true!
dave4him 07:55 AM 01-22-2012
poor kid whose parents spend thousands on their careers are putting a penny a day value on their own child!
Oneluckymom 12:22 PM 01-22-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
BWAHAHAHAHA!! Exactly!!
Tags:infant care
Reply Up