Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Didn't Want To, But Had To Do It , Termination For All Days But Mondays
Holiday Park 12:22 PM 01-18-2013
The little 15 month old girl I've had since 12 weeks has had a problem with biting one of the other babies. Its been the same one too. I had warned her last time that she might be excluded on Fridays and/or I would call the gramma to pick her up if she did it again. I think I've been trying to work with them on this for a couple months now. I didnt keep track but its been a while.
She will go 1-2 weeks with out biting and then suddenly start biting up to 3/4 X in one day unprovoked. Its always when she comes back on Frodays after being cared for by her other gramma who also watched a cousin who has been doing this to HER. However, I'm not sure if she was with the cousin this week or not.
Anyway, I sent an email (after we discussed it a little by text) telling her she could no longer come but on Momdays only , when that other baby doesn't come. She may decide to stop bringing her or she may be ok with doing the one day, instead of two days per week.
earlystart 01:54 PM 01-18-2013
That sounds perfectly reasonable, good for you for standing up for that poor kid who keeps getting bitten!
Holiday Park 02:19 PM 01-18-2013
Yeah but my stomach is sick with feeling so nervous! That is for whatever reaction I'll get from BOTH families. Mom of biter because I don't know if she read the email yet and if dad will know if hes the one to pick up. And the mom of the baby who got bit will likely be upset. I texted the mom of the bitten child and informed her that the other child no longer allowed her on his days he comes Tues-Fri's and I goofed because when gramma picked him up I totally forgot to tell her ad shes gonna see the red teeth marks on his arm ! I was so stressed by the 1yr olds who were all being rotten today , one includes my own 15 month old. And the other was the 16month boy whos last week is next week but hea a screamer . It was s difficult day all around .
Holiday Park 03:02 PM 01-18-2013
They said they would be looking for care elsewhere. But still wanted momdays. Then dcd questioned me about the $5.00 late fee .
cheerfuldom 03:14 PM 01-18-2013
well you did the right thing. i know its hard terming someone though
Holiday Park 03:38 PM 01-18-2013
I agreed to let them do mondays as drop in, before he started questioning me about the late pick up fee. And he was also questioning me about how the bite accured. He said "I'm not trying to put the blame on you but" (which means he was) " I told you this morning she was in an ornery mood" And then wanted to know exactly how it happened acting like it could have been prevented. I just repeated what I told her in the e-mail and said I'm really sorry but I dont feel I can keep the separated on Fridays so thats just what has to be done.

I am closed on monday so they had written a check for next friday. They were going to let me apply it for the following Monday but when they questioned me about the late pick up fee (trying to argue that it was only 7 minutes after, not 15) And then after saying they would pay that $5.00 when they saw me next it didnt work for me because I know in my handbook it says on Fridays if they dont pay the late pick up fee, they will be charged late fees on top of that every day.

So to avoid conflict over that , I said here I'll give you xx.xx in cash and keep that check so its paid now. And we did that. Then after they left I realized that when they came they got out of dcm's car together. He always drives his truck. I think he said he got off work early, when I said "oh you two came together". So I started realizing hey, he shouldnt have complained about the late fee if he got work early and waited till she picked him up before coming here together.

So now I feel disrespected. I don't know if I should stay nice to end it on good terms or to say look your husband could have picked her up but you two chose to pick her up together in the same car, taking the risk of becoming late and then your husband has the disrespect to complain about a late pick up fee on top of completely disregarding my policy of picking up on time, and tell them no mondays no more anything now.

They will have all next week to find someone else if I did that. They were visibly upset when we talked at my door way. I did tell them it wasnt personal and I do love their daughter and enjoy having her but I had to do what was best for the whole group. I still have to get my tax I.D. # and total amount of what they paid for last year, to them this weekend.
DaisyMamma 06:22 PM 01-18-2013
Grrr. I hate when they try to pull one over like that. They should pay the $5 and another $5 on top of it for trying to negotiate it!

Sounds like they were trying to blame you. Don't let it bother you. Stand your ground. Good for you saying they can only come the one day.
Holiday Park 07:13 PM 01-18-2013
So I end up getting a text saying they can't find the $25.00 in cash I traded for the check. I hope it goes ok when I try cashing the check tomorrow morning at their bank.
Tags:biting
Reply Up