Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Separation of Church/State
DESIREE715@GMAIL.COM 07:37 AM 01-14-2008
I am interested in starting a day care in the state of Illinois and my question is this: With a state license, am I able to advertise and run a CHRISTIAN day care? With age appropriate Bible study, prayer, and all that jazz? Also, I own a modular home 4-6 blocks from my residence, and I was wondering if it is possible to get day care licensing for that location. That would allow for all of the square footage to be dedicated to the day care, thus allowing for much more growth.
I thank, in advance, anyone and everyone who takes the time to offer any advice on either of these two matters!!!
Unregistered 09:29 AM 01-14-2008
Since your daycare would not be run by the government there is a separation of church and state. You can run and advertise any religious daycare you want as long as you follow your state standards like everyone else. There is nothing in the guidelines that prohibit you from teaching religion as long as your potential customers know that it is a religious daycare when considering your services. Please see: https://www.daycare.com/illinois/
krzytru 10:09 AM 05-21-2008
You can only run a home daycare from the place where you live. If you want you can get licensed for a center instead of home. Talk to you DCFS person and ask about this. They are very friendly and very helpful. They want you to be successful.
Tags:christian daycare, politics, religion - in daycare, separation of church and state
Reply Up