Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fun Halloween Food
daycare 11:38 AM 10-26-2012
just having some fun today...

we have made halloween foods..

eyeball soup and spider eggs fruit
Attached: eyeball soup.jpg (84.5 KB) bug food halloween.jpg (65.5 KB) 
daycare 11:42 AM 10-26-2012
opps forgot this one...

for lunch we are having blood worm sandwhiches
Attached: table halloween.jpg (132.4 KB) 
Blackcat31 12:32 PM 10-26-2012
I am so never going to be able to eat grapes or bananas again without thinking about spiders!

Bet it was fun for the kids though!
Kimberli 12:46 PM 10-26-2012
We made Jack-O-Burgers!
Attached: Jack-O-Burgers.jpg (68.4 KB) 
Kimberli 12:47 PM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
opps forgot this one...

for lunch we are having blood worm sandwhiches
OMGosh ... adorable! Might steal these for next week!!! Too cute!
spud912 02:17 PM 10-26-2012
Daycare: how did you make your food and what's in it? It looks great!

I think I will be making mummy meatloaf with ghost mashed potatoes on Halloween. Hopefully it turns out ok . For breakfast, I will be making french toast cut out with ghost cookie cutters, sprinkled with powdered sugar. For dinner, I plan to make stew served in pumpkins. I'm not sure how any of it will turn out, but we shall see!
Abigail 05:31 PM 10-26-2012
Good ideas here, but I wish their were more! I want to do something special for Wednesday but I might keep it to just a snack item, ha ha. I only have 1-3 year olds so nothing to "creepy" but I need to serve something healthy too. Maybe I'll have to google for it.
daycare 08:46 PM 10-26-2012
Everything I served was healthy minus the cookies.

Eyeball soup was applesauce with black and red food dye
Other was cool whip with grapes banana and raisins
Last was graham cracker with honey and cream cheese and raisins
spud912 09:22 PM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Good ideas here, but I wish their were more! I want to do something special for Wednesday but I might keep it to just a snack item, ha ha. I only have 1-3 year olds so nothing to "creepy" but I need to serve something healthy too. Maybe I'll have to google for it.
I agree....I keep looking and looking for ideas and all food ideas revolve around sweets (cupcakes, cakes, cookies, etc.). It's so frustrating! I did mummy meatloaf last year and the kids liked it. It's just your typical meatloaf (which I fill with veggies), shaped into a mummy shape and baked. The last 5 minutes of baking, you throw on sliced mozzarella cheese to make it look like a mummy and a couple olive slices for the eyes. The boo mashed potatoes are new this year and I hope they turn out ok. Here are pictures of my plans:
Mummy meatloaf:

Boo mashed potatoes:

Ghost French toast:

Pumpkin stew:

And for snack, I want to make snickerdoodles in the shape of fingers, like this:

PitterPatter 09:28 PM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by spud912:

And for snack, I want to make snickerdoodles in the shape of fingers, like this:
Oh my gosh those fingers look so real!!! Creepy!!
familyschoolcare 09:38 PM 10-26-2012
I am going to carve an orange like a jack o lantern and put fruit salad in it. I only have 5 that I feed snack top, if I had to many more it would be to much work.
Reply Up