Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Narcissistic JERK Rant!!!!
Unregistered 02:29 PM 12-27-2013
So, a week ago my seven-year-old fainted, and the doctor detected an abnormality on her EKG. We're being sent to the Children's Heart Institute, next week, and they could only fit her in during the middle of the day. I tell DCD that I'm closing on Friday and explain why--he has these two holiday weeks off, but is bringing his kid, anyway. (Typical.) Let me repeat that: HE ALREADY HAS THE DAY OFF. He puts his head down and starts shaking it back and forth. Then, he asks me why we can't just go to the hospital across the street--in other words, why do I need to take the entire day off? His wife seems appalled at his reaction and chimes in that he can bring their kid to her office that day. (!) She tries to fill him in on the story of my daughter passing out, but he cuts her off to tell us that when he passed out one time, he had a seizure.(Karma.) I just stood there in shock and stuttered and stammered. I wish I would have said: You know what's worse than having to care for your own child?--Having to take your child to The Children's Heart Institute!!!! Even my 11 year-old said: "That was so rude!" before I had said anything. Just when I think I've experienced everything in this job....
Josiegirl 02:47 PM 12-27-2013
Will be sending good thoughts for your dd and hope it's a minor malfunction or nothing at all, that will be easily remedied. I'm sure you must be very worried but keep the faith.
As for the dcd, shame on him. You're right, narcissist jerk. But not to worry, sounds like he might have gotten yanked thru the ringer when his wife got him home.
Michael 02:55 PM 12-27-2013
I hope that father got home an realized how impulsive and selfish he was. I'm sure his wife told him. Empathy for others usually takes a larger capacity of the human heart. This guy is lacking the intelligence to recognize it. Pity his ignorance in the hope that he learns by it, not only for himself but for his wife and children.
cheerfuldom 03:20 PM 12-27-2013
Wow that is seriously insensitive. The nerve!
Maria2013 05:32 PM 12-27-2013
hope everything's ok
Childminder 07:35 PM 12-27-2013
How is your daughter? Any more problems? White lights and warm thoughts are being sent to surround and heal her.

As for the DCD, F#@% him.
Unregistered 06:38 AM 12-28-2013
Thank you so much for positive energy and compassion! She has to go on Friday for an echocardiogram, but she feels fine. I know that all of my energy should be focused on her, not the DC parents...but you give so much of your heart to children who are not yours and listen and react to every detail of their lives, and you just wish that it would be reciprocated for your own children--thank goodness not all of them are like that though.
Soccermom 06:17 AM 12-29-2013
It makes me sad when parents have these types of reactions to our own children's needs. They just have no compassion for us or our families at all.

I had a DCF bring their super sick child here last Monday which resulted in my own DS being super sick for Christmas. DCD showed up with payment yesterday and I mentioned how horribly sick my own DS had been and he said nothing. No apology for bringing his own sick kid here to give it to all the DCKS...nothing. Sad.

I really hope your DD is okay and that everything turns out good for you and your family.

Put that jerk and his selfish, rude, inconsiderate comments as far out of your mind as you can. There is no point in even thinking about it since he obviously isn't thinking about you or your family.
Tags:bad parent, selfishness
Reply Up