Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Frustrated Housewife Syndrome
Naptime yet? 04:21 AM 10-17-2014
I'm beginning to wonder if this is a real thing.

What else explains why people waste so much time & energy spreading negativity about people that they don't personally know? We teach our children not to bully, yet it's perfectly ok for us to hide behind our screens & bully others, because we don't like what they have to say, or they don't agree with us.

I just don't get it. Do people seriously have nothing better to do? Does putting down others really make a person feel better about themselves?

If only this negativity were to be directed towards making changes locally or globally, of actually trying to make changes that count, that mean something, instead of badmouthing someone who we don't know from Adam, that would be a beautiful thing.

Off my soapbox. Have a good weekend.
Cat Herder 04:45 AM 10-17-2014
Are you referring to a specific post here or the internet in general?
nannyde 05:21 AM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I think she is referring to the carpet bombing of my book.
Blackcat31 05:30 AM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Inquiring minds want to know...

I don't understand the reference to housewives
Cat Herder 05:33 AM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I think she is referring to the carpet bombing of my book.

OK, yeah, that is ridiculous. Read the book, agree, disagree, move on with your life. How hard is that?

I rated the lame reviews as unhelpful and left an honest review.

Some people simply don't have the intelligence to understand irreverent humor, to teach a complex concept with laughter. I'd bet Colbert, Stewart, The Oatmeal and The Onion caught the same flack at first...

No worries, we get you.

Wonder what this guys ratings looked like in the first few weeks.... Love him, too. The second photo seemed relative and made me laugh... so here ya go.
Attached: awesome.jpg (52.9 KB) silence_image_8.jpg (54.4 KB) 
NightOwl 05:41 AM 10-17-2014
This maybe?

http://the60sat50.blogspot.com/2010/...ewfie.html?m=1

Three years before Betty Friedan's "The Feminine Mystique," the major media are busy reporting on the disenchanted American housewife, particularly those who are well-educated and/or living in the suburbs. The traits -- frustration, exhaustion, emptiness -- are collectively called "housewife syndrome."

On weekday afternoons, NBC broadcasts the "Purex Special for Women," dramatizing such topics as "The Cold Woman" (frigidity), "The Trapped Housewife," "The Single Woman," "The Problems of the Working Mother," "The Glamour Trap" and "Change of Life."

From The New York Times: "Many young women -- certainly not all -- whose education plunged them into a world of ideas feel stifled in their homes. They finish their routine lives out of joint with their training. Like shut-ins, they feel left out. ... No one, it seems, is appreciative, least of all herself, of the kind of person she becomes in the process of turning from poetess to shrew."

From Newsweek: "A good education, it seems, has given this paragon among women an understanding of the value of everything except her own worth."
Cat Herder 05:50 AM 10-17-2014
Interesting.

We see the same behaviors in caged animals. Why would we believe we are any different just because we hold the key?

Thank goodness for Khans Academy, send them there, that will keep them productively busy.
DaveA 06:02 AM 10-17-2014
The guy in me wants to say it is women being catty, but I'm in groups with almost all guys and the same crap goes on. I think some people aren't happy unless they're p*ssed, preferably at somebody else.

We've all worked with that person who all you hear about is their spouse is a jerk, kids are brats, their family drives them nuts, supervisor is clueless,.................... The only difference is now with the internet and social media they can spread the joy of their misery around to so many more people.

I just chalk it up to a % of people are just a horse's a@@. Can't reason with them and tazing them is still illegal for some reason, so ignore them.
Blackcat31 06:21 AM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
The guy in me wants to say it is women being catty, but I'm in groups with almost all guys and the same crap goes on. I think some people aren't happy unless they're p*ssed, preferably at somebody else.

We've all worked with that person who all you hear about is their spouse is a jerk, kids are brats, their family drives them nuts, supervisor is clueless,.................... The only difference is now with the internet and social media they can spread the joy of their misery around to so many more people.

I just chalk it up to a % of people are just a horse's a@@. Can't reason with them and tazing them is still illegal for some reason, so ignore them.
I know right?!

I'd sure love to see a petition to change that law go around.

I'd put some serious hard work into supporting something like that.
NightOwl 06:26 AM 10-17-2014
What awesome satisfaction we could get from tazing some folks. The thought makes me smile.

Naptime, are you going to come back to enlighten us??
Annalee 06:35 AM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:

I agree! I do not do facebook anymore due to the things I learned that I could do with out knowing Also, I think people don't realize that the negative attitude they have only magnifies as they get older which makes for some crabby people My brother is king of keeping our family on the "happy trail".....he sometimes tells me "my attitude about a certain thing/day is affecting my posture".....makes me mad but it keeps me in check
Sugar Magnolia 11:56 AM 10-17-2014
I made the mistake of joining an online motorcycle group. Turns out, men who ride.Harley's don't take kindly women who ride Ninjas.
Baby lady 01:17 PM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I made the mistake of joining an online motorcycle group. Turns out, men who ride.Harley's don't take kindly women who ride Ninjas.
There are other motorcycle sites
Josiegirl 02:53 PM 10-17-2014
Why don't they just go eat some ice cream or something???

(said in a sarcastic non-sexist non-pc kind of a way from someone who is dying for a pint of B&J's right now) So ya better watch yourselves. I'm in a *mood*
AuntTami 04:00 PM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Why don't they just go eat some ice cream or something???

(said in a sarcastic non-sexist non-pc kind of a way from someone who is dying for a pint of B&J's right now) So ya better watch yourselves. I'm in a *mood*
Craaaappp... now I have to go buy ice cream. Thanks!
Naptime yet? 04:43 PM 10-17-2014
No, no, I was being flippant, but I was referring to Nannyde's carpet bagging post and the unregistered one directed towards KidGrind.

It had nothing to do with housewives, although certain Facebook groups do sound somewhat "Stepford Wives" ish.

For some reason, Nanny's post really bothered me, I know she is a strong woman, but why would people waste so much energy trying to undermine her because of her views? And that thread about Kid....huh???

I think it's my current mindset, I really do wish we could all just get along, I was just imagining a bunch of lonely housewives rallying together to " destroy" (I use that term in jest) someone they don't know.

What is it called when adults bully each other? Difference of opinion? Dominance ?
preschoolteacher 05:10 PM 10-17-2014
[quote=Naptime yet?;502703
What is it called when adults bully each other? Difference of opinion? Dominance ?[/QUOTE]

Whatever you call it, it is definitely a glimpse into the ugly side of human behavior. We have such capacity for love and beauty, and it is sad when people get stuck in hatred and grudge holding and waste their potential to build rather than destroy....
NeedaVaca 05:37 PM 10-17-2014
These people have too much time on their hands...not a real, meaningful, life to speak of. Instead of reading a good book, enjoying a hobby, or just loving on the people in their lives, they use their free time or work time to cyberbully. These are truly sad people who have yet to reach an emotional stage of development that dictates a life of kindness, integrity, and compassion. They are unhappy people.

What always makes me go is that these people (the ones we see from time to time on this forum) are watching kids...very sad and very scary!
nannyde 06:00 PM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
These people have too much time on their hands...not a real, meaningful, life to speak of. Instead of reading a good book, enjoying a hobby, or just loving on the people in their lives, they use their free time or work time to cyberbully. These are truly sad people who have yet to reach an emotional stage of development that dictates a life of kindness, integrity, and compassion. They are unhappy people.

What always makes me go is that these people (the ones we see from time to time on this forum) are watching kids...very sad and very scary!
I wish I understood the root of it. I don't.

When I see successful people I'm proud of them. When I see someone does something completely differently than me, I'm interested not offended. There are so many ways to do this job and net great kids and a great business. I can't understand the venom especially when the book wasn't even ABOUT taking care of kids.
Bookworm 08:00 PM 10-17-2014
My Grandma had a saying, " You throw a stick in a pile of dogs,the one who hollers is the one who got hit". Like I said in an earlier post, Nanny must have struck a nerve.
nannyde 09:54 AM 10-18-2014
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
My Grandma had a saying, " You throw a stick in a pile of dogs,theooho hollers is the one who got hit". Like I said in an earlier post, Nanny must have struck a nerve.
I love that saying. Is your Granny related to Dr Phil's Dad? That sounds like a Dr Philism saying.

I don't know what nerve I hit. Last night someone from here was putting hateful things on my YouTube videos. I could tell who it was by the word usage. I answered them politely but decided to delete them all.

I have to just settle with the notion that these guys just say words. I'm used to that. My teenager tries to "word" me when he is trying to weasel out of something.

They are just people with an opinion and not child abuse experts or child care experts. They don't put their own original content up. They offer nothing to a discussion. If they were experts they would gladly show their own work and offer it as a resource for the education they believe I need.

When I teach the kids how to build block structures I say "Build wide, then high" not "build high, knock down" These guys build high with their hysterical assessment and then knock down to make themselves feel mighty.

I'm going to build wide then high.... That is what works for me. Build a strong foundation of content and then build upon it as I learn this phase of my career.
Josiegirl 03:32 PM 10-18-2014
Someone from here?? That's really sad.

I truly believe when people crawl out of the woodwork attempting to ruin someone like that, they're working out of jealousy and feelings of low self-esteem. It makes them feel like the bigger better person by belittling the other one, when in fact just the opposite happens.
JMO
NightOwl 03:50 PM 10-18-2014
I've watched most of the videos on youtube and I don't see anything that even remotely resembles abuse. This makes me wonder if there is someone here who's actually a lurker for these idiots.
Josiegirl 04:07 PM 10-18-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
I've watched most of the videos on youtube and I don't see anything that even remotely resembles abuse. This makes me wonder if there is someone here who's actually a lurker for these idiots.

The I Spy theme song just ran through my head.
NightOwl 05:11 PM 10-18-2014
Or Mission Impossible!
nannyde 02:30 PM 10-19-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Someone from here?? That's really sad.

I truly believe when people crawl out of the woodwork attempting to ruin someone like that, they're working out of jealousy and feelings of low self-esteem. It makes them feel like the bigger better person by belittling the other one, when in fact just the opposite happens.
JMO
Yes someone from here. (shaking head) It wasn't safe to pile on here or the blogs so off to youtube she went.

It actually ended up being an experience that was helpful.

She hit every one of my videos one after another.

First it was my toy playing rules one where she said I have to have the kids run cars one handed because I have way too many kids in a teeny tiny space. I replied that the room was a 300 square foot room and one of two 300 square foot rooms. I'm only required to have 35 square foot per child and I have 150 square foot per child. She said it didn't make any difference because the video proved I had too many kids for that small space. I then reminded her that I videotaped that while I was running daycare with my helper holding the camera and that we HAD to have all the kids in the area so we could SUPERVISE them while we videotaped.

Then on to my belly time video where she said that at least the kids had space in THAT room. I responded... it's the SAME room you just said was too small.

Then onto the footed jammy video telling me that the jammies were too hot on the child and asking if I put them on the kids in the summer. I responded that they are actually very light weight (they weigh about seven ounces for the size two/three) and I keep the house cool year around. She knows this because it has been discussed here many times.

She said it was abusive because I am not teaching the child to stay out of their dirty diaper or keep their clothes on. What are the parents supposed to do? Take the kid out in public in footed pajamas? I reminded her that I don't do "teaching" while children take a nap. For crying out loud...........

Then she went to my Dixie cup pyramid video and said she liked THAT one BUT how degrading it is that I call the child in it "ONE". I explained that the oldest child in my daycare earns the nickname "one" and it is a title that goes along with a lot of privilege in my home. She responded with that it is demeaning to a child and she wouldn't want her child called that.

It was at that point I just deleted all the comments because it was beyond ridiculous.

When I spoke to the child abuse expert regarding these videos I learned a good lesson in fielding the child abuse claims. The bottom line is that the people accusing me of abusing kids and being mean to kids are at most... mandatory reporters. In mandatory reporting classes it is hammered into the student that they are only there to report abuse if they suspect it. There isn't a state in the nation that allows them to make a determination because they are not trained to determine child abuse. By law they aren't allowed to in any state to make any determination. That simple fact will be a serious legal issue for them when the day comes to go to court.

After having them reviewed for my legal protection, I am supremely confident that... and I quote "there is not a single second of a single act that would be even remotely considered child abuse". This is from someone who is TRAINED and TESTIFIES as a court approved expert AND has a specialty in child abuse.

People crawl out of the woodwork to slam content when they can't come up with their own original content. Not a single one of the carpet bombers has any published content that I can find. Destroying others content is easy. Creating your own ... that aint so easy.
Reply Up