When school is closed for me I will hit myself in the head next time I say yes
MarinaVanessa 11:06 AM 12-26-2013
Originally Posted by boysx5:

Uh oh, can't wait to hear what happened
Memc2001 01:47 PM 12-26-2013
Originally Posted by boysx5:
After 7 years, I finally got the nerve to say no more on these breaks from school. For some reason I attract many of the children with behavior issues, all are boys in the 5-8 year range. I realized that I am not making enough money on these days to justify my stress level going through the roof and there is no where for them to go either during nap time. I told everyone around Halloween that I would "no longer be able to care for school-age children during school breaks and after school." I also politely printed off a copy of the 2013-2014 school schedule I saw a couple of them asking for help with child care on the DAY of and obviously didn't plan ahead like I asked them to.

Maria2013 03:41 PM 12-26-2013
I quit for the same reason, once dcks go to school I no longer care for them because they cannot play at school without any rules, and be expected to go back following mine here
Josiegirl 04:57 PM 12-26-2013
I might have to do the same thing, but not for those type of reasons. I cannot afford to hold spots for SA's and don't have the help for during school vacations to care for them. I have made the mistake of saying yes for too many of them during this Christmas break. I hate to even think about it because a lot of the SA's have been with me for a long time and I love 'em to pieces. I wish I could just have the SA's but I can't afford that either.
cheerfuldom 05:06 PM 12-26-2013
I took two kids this winter break but they are young, the preschool was closed due to new flooring being put in. I wouldn't take school agers though unless I knew the kids very well and knew they would not be a problem. So many of them are very easily bored, eat everything in sight and just become troublesome around the younger kids.
Annalee 08:10 PM 12-26-2013
Originally Posted by Memc2001:
I realized that I am not making enough money on these days to justify my stress level going through the roof
I am right there with ya! No sibling s/a care for me either.
Heidi 06:01 AM 12-27-2013
I only have one kiddo with an older sib, and although she was quite a handful the first summer she was here, she's now 10 and quite sweet when she's spent the day here. Problem is, though, that her 2yo brother turns into a monster when she's here. Otherwise, he's generally compliant but NOT with sis here.
mrsnj 06:50 PM 12-27-2013
Wow I so could have written this post! Getting so frustrated this year. At one point in time, I had more SA kids wanting to come than I had prek! Finally had to set rules to cut a few. And trying to think how to cut them all next year without losing littles in the process.

Do you have any clue what my summer is expected to be like if I accept them all?????? I can feel the stress already!

I have one prek and SA sibling pair who will be moving in Aug. That is my que to stop. I think come Sept, I am done. Thinking of not allowing school prek pick up here too. I think it hurts my business to state I am a prek teacher and then am putting kids on the bus to go to the public school prek. Done.
Annalee 07:22 PM 12-27-2013
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
Wow I so could have written this post! Getting so frustrated this year. At one point in time, I had more SA kids wanting to come than I had prek! Finally had to set rules to cut a few. And trying to think how to cut them all next year without losing littles in the process.

Do you have any clue what my summer is expected to be like if I accept them all?????? I can feel the stress already!

I have one prek and SA sibling pair who will be moving in Aug. That is my que to stop. I think come Sept, I am done. Thinking of not allowing school prek pick up here too. I think it hurts my business to state I am a prek teacher and then am putting kids on the bus to go to the public school prek. Done.
In my state, to take Prek kids off the bus, they have to have an adult sign for them...my licensing counselor would not allow me to do that due to supervision/ratio issues remaining up to code inside the facility while I would be outside waiting on the bus...I didn't mind this reg because if gave me an easy way out...
Tags:siblings
Reply Up