Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Extra Income

Hello,
I am new to this forum. We own a fairly new daycare in Ontario, Canada. Are there any extra ways of generating income that some of you came across? Im not talking about charging parents more. Im thinking more towards hosting some groups at our facility outside of our hours of operation...

Thank you
Ang
Old 05-14-2018, 10:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

In my area moms will pay a small fortune for weekend mommy & me classes of any kind (I know because I'm one of them!). I've been asked to start my own, but I very selfishly want my weekends off and want to be attending these things myself. I did host a big play group one Sunday and it really was a blast (I invited only kiddos around the same age as my son), but I was exhausted on Monday.

Here, the going rate is $10-$15 for classes that range from 30 min-1 hour, depending on the facility and experience level of the instructor. Moms are specifically looking for weekend classes, as there are already tons of weekday activities that take place and working moms can't make it to these.

I think my insurance would cap the number of kids I could have in attendance, so that's worth looking into.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:31 PM
Daycare.com Member

Parenting Workshops
Mom & Me Classes
Date Night Care - once a month
Care during school breaks - Thanksgiving, winter, spring & summer
Old 05-14-2018, 06:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

Hey also from Ontario.
When I first started out I did weekend care for just one or two kids at a time. But I made sure parents knew it was desired family time and had permission to transport. It helped the budget while I filled my ratios.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:02 PM
Daycare Member

Not sure how your facility is set up, but in my town there is a childcare that hosts birthday parties by renting out their facility evenings or weekends. They also have bounce houses and such that they can blow up for them.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:25 PM
Business Author/Trainer

Default second job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaSalt View Post
Hello,
I am new to this forum. We own a fairly new daycare in Ontario, Canada. Are there any extra ways of generating income that some of you came across? Im not talking about charging parents more. Im thinking more towards hosting some groups at our facility outside of our hours of operation...

Thank you
Ang
Here's an article I wrote about this: http://tomcopelandblog.com/have-a-se...e-providers-do

Tags
extra income