Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Nutso Lady Out There, Trying To Mar My Business:(
dodge__driver11 10:48 AM 09-16-2013
Hey there,

I am new here, and I am wondering if you have any tips for dealing with someone in SK Canada who is doing the best they can to spread untruths about you, and the care you provide?

The person posts ads on places like Kijiji, and what not. I have gone to my local police, but they say that Kijiji is a public posting website (like craigslist) and the only way I can "stop this" is to take the person to small claims.

I am a home based daycare provider who wants to stay home with ds, and work with other kids too...(Well so much more than that, but that sorta sums it up)

Thoughts?
craftymissbeth 11:16 AM 09-16-2013
Would you be willing to share what it is she's saying about you? Maybe that will help the posters here give advice.
dodge__driver11 11:29 AM 09-16-2013
Well for starters, the person post things like, the kids in my care are not safe, that I do not take them outside. (I live in a condo and there is a park across the street)

-She states I gauge parents
-That all my website testimonials are fake
-That I am always over ratio
-That I take a lot of time off

She has gone so far as to file malicious complaints with CAS, and Saskatchewan Early Years about abuse and overcrowding. CAS knows that these are malicious, and unfounded. Another provider in my area has been dealing with this person for about seven years now...Its crazy!
sharlan 05:41 PM 09-16-2013
Have you considered joining with the other provider and having a lawyer send her a cease and desist letter?
Familycare71 07:15 AM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Have you considered joining with the other provider and having a lawyer send her a cease and desist letter?

littlemissmuffet 12:57 PM 09-17-2013
Where exactly are you? I am in SK, I might be able to help.
Tags:neighbor issue, slander
Reply Up