Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Last Day
childcaremom 02:49 AM 06-02-2017
It's my last day of home daycare.

After 15+ years at home and 8+ years doing daycare, I got a job outside of the house.

It's scary... but exciting. I'm looking forward to interacting with adults and getting out of the house.

Will miss my bunch of littles, though. I will miss their smiles and giggles, hugs and laughter. (won't miss the nap time or parental issues, though )

Thank you to everyone on this board for your support, advice and ideas. It's meant being able to stay in this business longer than I thought.
Josiegirl 04:03 AM 06-02-2017
The best of luck to you on your new adventures in life!! It's been a pleasure reading your advice and input here! I hope you still visit from time to time, but mostly, I hope you enjoy this new chapter coming up in your life!!!
Blackcat31 06:22 AM 06-02-2017
Wishing you a ton of fun, enjoyment and happiness on your new adventure!!!

I too, have enjoyed your posts, your advice and your comments during your time here! Hoping you will still have time to check in now and then and let us know how the world outside of diapers, snot and tantrums lives.....

I both love and loathe change but find it seems to be more enjoyable when you look forward to it so definitely wishing you THE BEST!!!!!!

Enjoy your last day with the kiddos!!!
Baby Beluga 06:28 AM 06-02-2017

best of luck with your new adventures!
Snowmom 07:50 AM 06-02-2017
Good luck, I hope the new job is great!
daycarediva 07:53 AM 06-02-2017
Congratulations and best of luck to you!!!
Mike 08:03 AM 06-02-2017
Here's "toast" to your new life. If the world of adults ends up not being such great company, you can always go back to daycare.
Ariana 08:08 AM 06-02-2017
So so wonderful!! If you ever doubt your decision, come back and visit the boards for a good dose of reality

All the best
CityGarden 09:47 AM 06-02-2017
You will be missed on here!!!! best of luck on your new adventure.
e.j. 11:28 AM 06-02-2017
Good luck in your new job.
childcaremom 11:31 AM 06-02-2017
Thanks everyone!

And..... just as an little aside..... in all of my years of providing care I've never had to deal with anyone getting sick to their stomach here.

One hour to go and I have vomit.
Cat Herder 12:34 PM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Thanks everyone!

And..... just as an little aside..... in all of my years of providing care I've never had to deal with anyone getting sick to their stomach here.

One hour to go and I have vomit.
That sounds about right.

Good luck, enjoy your new adventure!
Tags:close daycare, closing daycare - not for me, leaving daycare job
Reply Up