Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Early Autism??? 15 Month Old DCB
SunshineMama 11:46 AM 05-02-2012
It ocurred to me today that my 15.5 month old dcb may have a variation of autism.

He is not walking on his own, and his feet turn out when I walk with him, or he pushes a push toy.

His fists are clenched most of the time. Today I was holding his arm and walking with him, and both fists were clenched. He will unclench to eat or play, but will often keep one clenched.

He does not point to objects. He has waved bye-bye a few times with mom and dad, but has not done so in about a month.

He only says 2 words, and will not attempt to repeat any words when I try to work with him.

He will randomly scream out loud or squeal without any stimulus.

He is able to crawl and climb onto the couch, and climb up the stairs. A mutual friend of mine and the parents comes over occasionally during the day and mentioned that usually 15.5 months old will either be really verbal or really physical, and this boy is neither. She saw his fists and suggested autism, which got me thinking about it. I looked up some information on the internet and he does fall into some of those categories.

What are your thoughts?
Tags:autism, autism spectrum disorder, autistic
Up