Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Monkeys
Country Kids 01:51 PM 02-29-2012
Lead singer for the 60's band The Monkeys, Davey Jones has passed away at the age of 65 I believe. A heart attack-. This is sooooo sad! I just love 50's, 60's and 80's music but love, love The Monkeys. Just saw the band Hermans Hermets with Peter Nunes. It was an awesome show!
Zoe 01:55 PM 02-29-2012
I read that too. I saw them perform just last summer and you would never know they were men in their 60's. They did so wonderful and I shed a tear or two when I heard that Davy passed. My favorite song of all time is Daydream Believer. So so sad.
Countrygal 02:21 PM 02-29-2012
I LOVED the Monkeys! They were actually from my generation Well, almost, anyway. I was in Jr High when they were at their height. Got to watch them on all the great TV specials and especially their own TV show I can still sing most of the theme song.... :P

So sorry to hear the news of his death.
Sunchimes 02:25 PM 02-29-2012
Davy was my second crush, right behind Elvis! I still have all of my Monkees albums. He was so young, it's sad.
Country Kids 02:51 PM 02-29-2012
One of my friends said he was always the husband when she played house- Priceless!!!!
Michael 03:03 PM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Lead singer for the 60's band The Monkeys, Davey Jones has passed away at the age of 65 I believe. A heart attack-. This is sooooo sad! I just love 50's, 60's and 80's music but love, love The Monkeys. Just saw the band Hermans Hermets with Peter Nunes. It was an awesome show!
haha, I noticed you left out the 70s. Didn't like disco or John Travolta?
Country Kids 03:22 PM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
haha, I noticed you left out the 70s. Didn't like disco or John Travolta?
Could not stand disco or John Travolta. I do like the folk era of that time-John Denver and singers like that.

I also love, love, love old style country music! Anything before the nineties I like but really like it from the 70's and back. I know strange, strange, strange.

OK bad confession here but I actually use to have Velvet Elvis's hanging on my bedroom wall- in high school. Loved that man-I was nine when he died.
Michael 05:55 PM 02-29-2012
Could not stand disco or John Travolta. I do like the folk era of that time-John Denver and singers like that.

I also love, love, love old style country music! Anything before the nineties I like but really like it from the 70's and back. I know strange, strange, strange.

OK bad confession here but I actually use to have Velvet Elvis's hanging on my bedroom wall- in high school. Loved that man-I was nine when he died.
Elvis is ok with me. I remember the day too. I was on 30th street in NYC at a Blimpie. I think it was summer of 77?
Zoe 09:52 PM 02-29-2012

Not strange at all! It's funny but I hate 70's music too! LOVE LOVE LOVE 50s and 60s, have fun remembering 80s and 90s, but ugh. 70s. Not even kidding! Even the stuff The Monkees did in the 70s was just too trippy for me.

But give me some Elvis and I'm good to go!
Tags:death
Reply Up