Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Weirdest Interview Ever
DaisyMamma 01:33 PM 09-27-2013
Mom was young. Maybe 20. Smelled like a hippy. Grandma comes in with a mohawk. I offer them a seat and they don't sit. Grandma says 'so is this a daycare or someone's house?' I explained a "home daycare". She's snapping her gum, 'oh' and we barely have time to talk, but get a few basic things covered, before grandma says she's going out, says nice to meet you and leaves. Mom says 'I guess were going' and takes the baby, whom i was holding. Then mom proceeds to tell me that she will be in touch to tell me what hours she needs, etc.
I have no idea what to make of it. Sounds like they didn't like it but why tell me you're going to call and let me know hours, etc. The whole thing lasted 5 minutes!
Zoe 02:26 PM 09-27-2013
That is really weird. Um, I guess they have your number and can call you if they need care? I'd be almost expecting them to show up one day expecting immediate care.
mrsnj 02:28 PM 09-27-2013
That sounds like relatives of a family I had here. LOL! Wow. Let us know how you make out. I am interested. My family didn't last long before I termed
Brooksie 02:50 PM 09-27-2013
HUH?!?! Weird. but seriously, "smelled like a hippie" made me lol!!
DaisyMamma 02:52 PM 09-27-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
HUH?!?! Weird. but seriously, "smelled like a hippie" made me lol!!
Don't know how to spell patrouli??
crazydaycarelady 02:52 PM 09-27-2013
What, did Grandma have to leave quickly so she could get her fix!?!
Brooksie 02:53 PM 09-27-2013
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
Don't know how to spell patrouli??
I loled because i know the smell you were talking about!!!! I have a lot of hippy friends. And I think its 'Patchouli'
LK5kids 03:16 PM 09-27-2013
As in good hippie smell (patchouli oil, or potD) or bad hippie smell as in body odor?

Oh funny Brooksie!!! I didn't see your patchouli statement until after my post! My ex-husband is an old hippie from the original hippie generation and is always smelling of patchouli!!!
Hunni Bee 07:15 PM 09-27-2013
My mother is a hippie. Huge afro, incense, grows her own food etc

I remember when I was little, she liked patchouli. She kept a bottle of the oil in the shower to put on afterward. I knocked it over and broke it in the tub one day. The smell of patchouli was so strong for weeks...I began to hate it. Right now, just thinking about it makes my stomach turn
Bookworm 07:22 PM 09-27-2013
I smell trouble. Please think twice before enrolling the child.
Sugar Magnolia 05:33 AM 09-28-2013
OH NO NOT HIPPIES!! ACK!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!! (said the girl with a Grateful Dead screen name).
MotherNature 07:18 AM 09-28-2013
Love me some patchouli...and vetiver...and cedar/sandalwood. I was once told that I smelled like dead, rotting things. I was like...Then they said..you know, like a forest..composting.. earthy, loamy...I preferred that.
Heidi 08:31 AM 09-28-2013
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
Love me some patchouli...and vetiver...and cedar/sandalwood. I was once told that I smelled like dead, rotting things. I was like...Then they said..you know, like a forest..composting.. earthy, loamy...I preferred that.

I'm not so much a hippie, but growing up in Madison, WI, I sure know the smell of patchouli, sandalwood, and pot! Never used any of myself, oddly enough.
Familycare71 09:10 AM 09-28-2013
Originally Posted by LK5kids:
As in good hippie smell (patchouli oil, or potD) or bad hippie smell as in body odor?

Oh funny Brooksie!!! I didn't see your patchouli statement until after my post! My ex-husband is an old hippie from the original hippie generation and is always smelling of patchouli!!!
I was wondering the same- a good hippie smell or the bad!
Hunni Bee 10:04 AM 09-28-2013
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
I love sandalwood!! There's this fair-trade soap I love, and the sandalwood one is awesome ( and the neem, and coconut, and lavender...). Man, I gotta get some!
DaisyMamma 04:33 PM 09-28-2013
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
I smell trouble. Please think twice before enrolling the child.
I'm not interested

Originally Posted by Familycare71:
I was wondering the same- a good hippie smell or the bad!
It was good!
Size18 04:42 PM 09-28-2013
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by DaisyMamma
I'm not interested
Good news. A welcome relief.
Tags:interview - circus
Reply Up