Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Licensing Came, And We're Good To Go! Thank You All!
MCC 08:21 AM 12-05-2013
We had our initial inspection to switch from county permit to state license today. My husband and I stayed up until 1 am scrubbing things, organizing things, making sure medication wasn't expired in our personal supply, making sure food wasn't expired in the fridge...lol, we really went overboard here.

They came in, one asked for our records, the other asked for a tour. I handed the one my binder of beautifully organized, page protected files, in order of how they are listed in the Regs. She said "wow". I would not have had those files that organized without the suggestion of someone on this board, I wish I could remember who. THANK YOU! They were shocked that all our vaccines were up to date, they said that is the number one things they cite for.

Everything else went smoothly, they didn't ask to see me change a diaper, even though 3 kids pooped while they were here, I just went about the change, and they didn't even come watch.

The only thing they mentioned was we had 3 bags of fertilizer laying next to our garden, and they wanted them moved. They are no where near the kids play area that is fenced in, but still. No big deal though, and they didn't cite it.

Anyway, thank you all so much for the all the advice about diaper changing, that apparently didn't even matter.

Once again, I am so thankful for this board, such an amazing resource.
butterfly 10:16 AM 12-05-2013
congrats!!
melilley 10:18 AM 12-05-2013
AWESOME!
Maria2013 11:20 AM 12-05-2013
so happy for you

and I too would like to thank the members of this board for all the things I have learned since being on here
Thank you all
Blackcat31 11:40 AM 12-05-2013
Congratulations! Glad to hear everything went so well!
itlw8 12:13 PM 12-05-2013
great job
Reply Up