Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>UGH! time to term :(
KristinsHomeCC 05:14 AM 07-29-2015
Its me again! Yup -- same pain in the arse family. Goodness Gracious! This is my 1st family and I really hope this is not what they are all like.

My diaper policy is as follows: There are cubbies in the closet of playroom (which happens to me my living room, so the closet is 4 feet from front door). It states in my handbook that It is the parents responsibility to check it and stock it, and you must leave me with atleast 10 diapers a day. Meaning, there should ALWAYS be a stack of diapers in your childs cubby. The DCM checked it at pick up Monday and knew she needed to bring more. Tuesday rolls around, no diapers. I'd say there were about 7 or 8, so I let it slide. Tell DCD upon pick up yesterday, he NEEDS diapers. He has 2 left. I know the DCD isn't very sharp, so I sent DCM a text directly after and tell her the same thing. He gets dropped off at 7 so I'm still half asleep until 8. I go to change his diaper...guess what? I have 2 diapers for the day.

Now my son is in the same size diapers...but here are the problems: 1)My son can't wear the crap brand diapers they buy because they leak. 2)my sons diapers are way more expensive than the generic ones DCB wears. 3) what would I/they do if I didn't have my sons as backip?? My original thought was to use my sons and then they will owe me however many diapers I use. That isn't fair. Its not my problem or my responsibility. ..but I guess it is because I'm the one dealing with it.

I have had it with this family. They are getting my 2 week notice today. I mentioned in previous post about how I've been letting them slide on Fridays and just paying me on Mondays. Well, its due this Friday and if not receieved, a late payment will be adding Monday. Ifeel like Im getting run over like crazy and my kindness was mistaken for weakness.

I promise I wont post about them again. LOL
MyAngels 05:30 AM 07-29-2015
I'd charge them a fee of $10 for the diapers, due in cash today, or they can bring diapers, but only if they return with them immediately.
childcaremom 05:40 AM 07-29-2015
I would text them both, let them know that they have one hour to either drop off more supplies or pick up dcb.

That is my policy and is in my handbook.

ETA: I also let parents know when they need more and I need them by. I make a note of what they are missing so that in the morning I can make sure they brought what was needed. If they don't have it, I turn away at door until they have the supplies. If they come and are missing something that we need (eg: outdoor clothes, wipes, changes of clothes) then they get a call and have one hour to either bring the items or pick up the child for the day.

This family sounds like it will be the one that helps you build up your policies. We all had at least one of those
finsup 06:03 AM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I would text them both, let them know that they have one hour to either drop off more supplies or pick up dcb.

That is my policy and is in my handbook.
Same here. Although I tell parents when their running low, and give them the date they have to bring more. If it gets to that date and they don't have them at drop off then they are turned away until they bring some. But it's easy to keep track with a small group, could be harder if you have a larger group to try and keep track of.
bklsmum 06:12 AM 07-29-2015
I agree with the messaging them and laying down the law.
CraftyMom 06:39 AM 07-29-2015
Call them and tell them you need diapers or they have to come get him.

They probably have no money for diapers due to their other circumstances the other day
Shell 06:41 AM 07-29-2015
Maybe put it back on them via text:
Hey dcm, I noticed dcb doesn't have enough diapers for today. Would you like me to use ds' (name brand) and you pay $10 for the ones used, or do you want to stop by this morning with more? Just let me know- thanks".
KristinsHomeCC 06:43 AM 07-29-2015
DCD had to leave work to bring me some. All is good in the neighborhood (for today) LOL
Reply Up