Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any Maryland Providers On Here Still Open???
Reimel61 10:46 AM 03-18-2020
Hi... i don't post much but due enjoy reading all the valuable information you all share. I'm a provider in Frederick Co. Maryland, no quite 59 yet and no existing health concerns. My husband has no preexisting conditions either, is 61 but he's a smoker. This last week has been quite stressful for me as I'm sure it's been for others here. Question... at what point would you consider closing? when you get your first confirmed case? when your mandated to close?

Thanks
Second Home 01:06 PM 03-18-2020
I'm in MD also . We can stay open until the governor shuts us all down , but you can choose to close if you want to .
Informally it was suggested to only care for medical , first responder etc... families .

I have mostly teacher clients who are all staying home. My other family is self isolating due to illness . So I'm basically closed . I had one family who's child is now in school who is a first responder , I would take them back if they needed me to . But I don't feel comfortable taking families I know nothing about .

Only you can decide what is right for your family , do what you feel you need to do and don't feel bad about it.
Reimel61 10:37 AM 03-19-2020
Thanks
Tags:coronavirus, covid-19, covid-19 - sample letter, covid-19 and daycare, maryland member
Reply Up