Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>An Activity I Recommend!
EchoMom 09:35 AM 10-19-2012
This is just a random recomendation, but I am SOOOOOOOOOO pleased with these:

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo...evelopment.jsp

Hope my img works, if not look at Lakeshore Learning Store online and look up "Fill it Up Jar" for fine motor. They are a huge HIT since I bought them recently! Perfect for ages 12months-2.5years (They say 3+ for small parts but you just have to watch them.)
daycare 09:37 AM 10-19-2012
I added the link for you...those do look like fun.....

I need more stuff like this. I have homemade ones, but are defiantly not good for kids under 3.
EchoMom 09:39 AM 10-19-2012
I disagree about kids under 3. They are right in the sensitive period for my 13 month old, and he doesnt' mouth things anymore really. But anyway, only with supervision absolutely.

Thanks for help!
Cat Herder 10:10 AM 10-19-2012
Originally Posted by glenechogirl:
I disagree about kids under 3.
They do look fun, but I can get cited for having them in the playroom with kids under 3.

We have to be so careful with a mixed group to keep from getting any negative remarks on our records.

I would love to have those... Wish they'd make them larger for mixed aged groups. I'd buy them in a heartbeat.
daycare 10:24 AM 10-19-2012
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
They do look fun, but I can get cited for having them in the playroom with kids under 3.

We have to be so careful with a mixed group to keep from getting any negative remarks on our records.

I would love to have those... Wish they'd make them larger for mixed aged groups. I'd buy them in a heartbeat.
ditto here...

and sorry, I was saying that the ones that I have are not good for kids under age 3. I could not use these in my toddler room, but I could in my preschool room. But the ages for the preschool room are 3 and up....
Springdaze 10:30 AM 10-19-2012
i made one with a coffee can and babyfood lids. I put colors on the top and pics of the kids underneath
countrymom 10:38 AM 10-19-2012
love them to bad they don't ship to me
EchoMom 11:54 AM 10-19-2012
Oh I didn't think of citations, you're right. I'm legally unlicensed so I don't have to worry about that, I can use my own best judgement. Sorry!
Blackcat31 12:05 PM 10-19-2012
I love shape sorters. I still use the Tupperware one my mom bought for my kids. Safe for littles too as the pieces are pretty big.
laundrymom 04:50 PM 10-19-2012
I use Pb jars, and cut holes in the lid. For objects we use PVC pipe chunks
sharlan 04:58 PM 10-19-2012
Lakeshore currently has a buy one get 50% off the second coupon.
LK5kids 07:01 PM 10-19-2012
Originally Posted by chellenj:
i made one with a coffee can and babyfood lids. I put colors on the top and pics of the kids underneath
I have one made with a coffee can and metal juice lids. It's called the "clink" can. The juice lids have stickers on them. KIDS LOVE THESE!
Tags:activities
Reply Up