Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Huge thank you!
Claraskids 07:26 AM 10-02-2015
This is my first post, but I feel that I should say thank you to so many of you already! I have been reading and learning from this site for over a month now and just finally registered...oops. Just became licensed a few weeks ago. No kids yet (other than my own), but will have patience. However if it hadn't been for reading all these postings, I would probably already be stressed out and breaking my own guidelines.
All my calls so far have been for overnight care or extremely early hours. I know that if I hadn't read all about "The Backbone", I just would have said yes to get families and would have regretted it later. So thank you all so much!
Now if I can just find the right families and leave my other very part-time job....
littletots 07:35 AM 10-02-2015
You're smart to not sign clients with hrs that don't match your schedule. Maybe you could meet other local providers & do backup care until you fill with FT? I would contact them via their ads & ask if they need backup. I found networking with area providers is helpful to intro yourself, back up, temp care, etc. Welcome!
Blackcat31 08:06 AM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
This is my first post, but I feel that I should say thank you to so many of you already! I have been reading and learning from this site for over a month now and just finally registered...oops. Just became licensed a few weeks ago. No kids yet (other than my own), but will have patience. However if it hadn't been for reading all these postings, I would probably already be stressed out and breaking my own guidelines.
All my calls so far have been for overnight care or extremely early hours. I know that if I hadn't read all about "The Backbone", I just would have said yes to get families and would have regretted it later. So thank you all so much!
Now if I can just find the right families and leave my other very part-time job....
Welcome to the forum!

Nice to see another Minnesotan here!
Claraskids 06:16 PM 10-17-2015
My first family starts Monday! Happy dance!!
They were actually recommended to me from a coworker at my weekend job. 2 month old girl and her 18 month old brother who will be here full time.
Now if I can just enroll one or two more little ones, I can drop the weekend job. The phone calls have started the last few days, so fingers crossed.
Reply Up