Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Worker Sprays Children In Face With Air Freshener
bklsmum 07:43 AM 10-02-2015
Just...wow.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...shener-/nnsTh/
Blackcat31 07:59 AM 10-02-2015
...and done so on camera!

WTH is wrong with people? SMH
bklsmum 08:17 AM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
...and done so on camera!

WTH is wrong with people? SMH
Right?!
If nothing else, how STUPID is this woman?!
daycare 08:46 AM 10-02-2015
I don't know if I am more mad that the worker did that or that the school defended her and allowed her to stay.

even if it was not my kid that it happened to, i would be pulling my kid out immediately

their decision to let the worker stay speaks loudly about them. very poor decision
littletots 08:57 AM 10-02-2015
Absolutely agree. Really? Worker wasn't termed on spot? Concerning.
daycarediva 09:27 AM 10-02-2015
and she was JUST reprimanded for waking a child up with her foot?

WHAT does it take to get fired from there??
Josiegirl 09:30 AM 10-02-2015
WTH???

I cannot understand any of that except the mom running to daycare to get her son.
laundrymom 09:39 AM 10-02-2015
I don't even want to read it. But wow. Just. Wow
Febby 06:22 PM 10-02-2015
What was she even trying to accomplish...? That's absolutely ridiculous.

The company seems to be involved, at least.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...ver-air/nnszx/

Originally Posted by :
The CEO of a local child care franchise has asked the state to open an investigation after an employee was caught on camera spraying air freshener in the faces of two children.

David Vinson, CEO of Kids ‘R’ Kids International, also sent a team to train employees at the day care where the incident happened.

Thriftylady 07:10 PM 10-02-2015
Man I get so sick of stories like this. I get that not everyone can handle children well, but then why get a job working with them?
MyAngels 08:02 PM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Man I get so sick of stories like this. I get that not everyone can handle children well, but then why get a job working with them?
I think because (at least around here) it's an easy job to get for someone with no real training or experience, plus they think it'll be an easy job (who doesn't like playing with kids all day, right? )

My very first formal job in childcare was at a military center overseas. I was 18 years old, my only job experience was as a temp office worker and fast food. My "supervisor" was a 19 y/o whose only qualifications were that she was a Colonel's daughter
Reply Up