Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>We Survived the 1000yr Flood in SC
Bookworm 03:49 PM 10-05-2015
This past weekend has been terrible for my state. We've had an estimated 12-24 inches of rain 72 hrs and the flooding was devestating. Seven people so far were killed. One them happened not 5 miles from my house. She was swept of the road by fast flowing water. Some of the hospitals are without water but there have donations from areas not as bad off.

Not 2hrs ago, a dam burst about 7-10 miles from my house and there is a mandatory evacuation in progress. We are under curfew again and the police are taking it seriously. I don't know how to post links/pics but you can Google WIS.com or WLTX.com for more info. Please pray for those who've lost loved ones as well as everything they owned.
laundrymom 05:26 PM 10-05-2015
Please check in often. And stay safe.
e.j. 05:29 PM 10-05-2015
The news stations in this area are covering the flooding in your area. Based on the footage I've seen...it just looks devastating. I'm sorry you're going through such a horrible experience. I will keep you in my prayers.
Bookworm 05:43 PM 10-05-2015
Thanks ladies. My neighborhood is fine now. There are still people trapped in their homes and people are using their boats for rescue. They're saying that things won't get back to semi-normal until Friday maybe. I'll keep you posted.
littletots 07:21 PM 10-05-2015
I was wondering if any members were in affected area. Thinking of you.
Bookworm 09:10 AM 10-06-2015
Update-There's now 14 deaths. FEMA is here and some people are able to get back to their homes. They are monitoring a few more dams in case they break. I tried to go to work but two of the routes I could take were closed. Prayerfully, I can get through tomorrow. The help and donations are abundant. We will get through this. Please continue to pray for us.
Reply Up