Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Constant Late Drop Offs
amtnk 05:43 AM 11-11-2013
I have a family that is so unpredictable in their drop off time. In their contract, they state they will be dropping off at 7:30am. For the past week it's been 8, 8:30 and this AM it's almost 9 and they are no shows. I have a second family whose drop off is 9am, and for the past 2 times it's been 10am.

What do you do for late drop offs? I have reminded them to call me so I'm not waiting wondering if they are coming today.
What next?
blandino 05:45 AM 11-11-2013
I would ask them if they need to adjust their drop off times ? Say you have noticed that their actual drop off times don't coincide with their contracted times - and you need to be able to plan your day around accurately expected times.
NeedaVaca 06:08 AM 11-11-2013
I would mention it and like PP said, let them know it might be time to adjust the contracted schedule to the actual times. Are they your earliest drop off? My parents are pretty good about this but if it was my 1st drop off I would not be happy. I really enjoy my sleep The drop off times you mentioned would also interfere with my snack time and by 10am we wouldn't even be home. We would be on a walk or at the park...
Blackcat31 06:30 AM 11-11-2013
Many providers have a policy about late drop offs where they either charge the parent a late fee or they refuse care if they are more than x amount of minutes/hours late.

If the family is one you can talk with openly, I would simply share with them how their lack of respect and consideration greatly affects your day and that you are always open and available for them as promised and you expect the same behavior from them.

If it's something that you just can't continue to deal with, then I would term.

Personally, I just go about my day and do whatever activities we have planned. If a family is late, then that's on them....because their child misses those activities....sometimes that does include walks and/or field trips.

I have a provider friend that considers a family absent if they are more than 30 minutes late without a phone call or text saying they are late.

She then will then take a drop in kid and not allow the other family to attend that day since she "gave" their spot away.

Depending on the family, you'll have to find a consequence that works.

Sometimes it is only a talk/chat with them to point out the bad behavior and other times it may require some strict action to drive the point home that it is really disrespectful of them to behave this way.
Reply Up