Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Am I Being Unreasonable?
marniewon 09:25 PM 01-16-2011
First, I want to say that I love this family. Mom is great, dcb is fun and very well behaved. They pay on time. But here's my problem:

3 months ago dcd insisted that he needed to drop off at 8am, since his work location had changed. So I rewrote the contract for 8am. I can count on one hand how many times in the last 3 months that they've arrived at 8am. Or even before 8:15. A lot of times they don't get here until 8:30-8:45!! Since they contracted for 8am, I have to be up and ready at 8am. They are my only morning family right now, so I'm getting up for them only. Last week they didn't bring him at all one day, and didn't call until 8:02. Yeah, only 2 minutes after they are contracted for, but by that time I was up and ready, no way could I go back to bed then . Is it unreasonable to ask that they call by 7:45 if they aren't coming or are going to be late? They live at least 20 minutes away, so I know that they will know by 7:45 if they are going to be late or not here at all. I'm thinking that I'm going to write a note asking for notice by 7:45am if they are going to be late or not attending that day. And I think I may even attach a fee to it if they don't let me know by 7:45. Like I said, this family is great in every other area, but this is just grating on my nerves. I'm not a morning person, and would love to sleep even a few more minutes, if I knew I could. Is this unreasonable?

Dcb has an older SA sister. I found out tonight (by looking it up) that sis doesn't have school tomorrow. I have in my contract that I need 24 hour notice if sis will be attending or it's an additional $10 (on top of her regular day fee). A lot of times, this family will keep both kids home on her days off. I haven't heard anything from this family yet. I'm going to be really hot if they call after 8am tomorrow to let me know dcb isn't coming!!

I really hate attaching a fee to everything that drives me crazy, but it seems like that's the only thing that actually works!

What would you do?
Tags:fees, penalties
Up