Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Trying To Find These
DaycareMama 07:09 PM 09-30-2012
http://www.orientaltrading.com/marve...etal+key+clips

but bigger. I want them for the kids to play with and clip together. Do you think these are to small? I have mixed ages birth thru 5 in one room.

I can't even figure out what they are called to search more
Piemama 07:13 PM 09-30-2012
those are called carabiners. They are usually sold at outdoor/sporting good stores. I hope that helps.
DaycareMama 07:14 PM 09-30-2012
Your awesome! Thank you!!!!!
I have been looking for 45 mins and couldn't come up with a real name for them
daycare 08:11 PM 09-30-2012
D rings or as pp said caribeners. (Sp)
I use them when I go Rock climbing. However on a much more quality scale than that of a key chain.

I know our big 5 sales them for about a buck or two.

Never thought if using them for the kids. Let me know how it works out for you. I just might have to implement mine into a lesson.
sharlan 09:30 PM 09-30-2012
I bought a big card of them in different sizes at K-Mart for a couple of dollars.
Mommy2One 07:06 AM 10-01-2012
I'm almost positive I've seen them at the Dollar Tree (key chain, not rock climbing quality). I want to say they were with the other household things (twine, flashlights, tools, etc.)

I'd be careful of pinched fingers. A lot of them I've seen snap shut automatically, some more strongly than others.
DBug 11:39 AM 10-01-2012
I use carabiners for everything! But something to keep in mind is that when they start to wear out and lose their springiness, there's a little metal rectangle that can fall out. I would keep them away from kidlets that are still prone to putting things in their mouths.
DaisyMamma 11:41 AM 10-01-2012
you can only find the really big ones at sporting goods stores.
however, if you know anyone who does rock climbing, ask them for some, because they can only be used so many times before they need to be replaced for security reasons.
Cat Herder 12:15 PM 10-01-2012
Galls.com and Positive Promotions also have them in bulk.

The problem is they are labled 5 and up.
Blackcat31 12:20 PM 10-01-2012
Here is a cool site that sells every type of caribiner hook you can imagine! Even custom shaped ones.

http://www.lazerdesigns.com/Merchant...ory_Code=01all

I use them for a variety of things too. I mostly buy mine from Menard's or Home Depot though.
DaycareMama 05:33 PM 10-02-2012
Thanks guys I am checking out more sights tonight and will let you know how they work out.

I will only be using them right now with my 3 and 4 yr olds. So far with this group non of them put any thing in their mouths.
Reply Up