Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>All The Kids Acting Up!
mrsyecker 01:44 PM 02-16-2011
It seems that this week every single one of the children are acting up

Everyone has thrown the rules out the window and no longer listens. Even my own child is getting in trouble at pre-k!

What in the world is going on?!?!?!
ninosqueridos 01:49 PM 02-16-2011
Today I had a "light" day, and they all seemed worse?! I don't get it.
Sunny Day 01:53 PM 02-16-2011
me too! Today I wanted to rip my hair out by the end of the day!! Spring needs to come so we can get outside for longer and wear off the excess energy!
daycare 01:56 PM 02-16-2011
I am going to balme it on the weather.. right as we were about to go outside we had a huge hail storm and had to come right back in. the kids are all going crazy. we even did double the amount of wiggle time and dancing as normal. I also allowed running around in a circle for almost 15 min...... saying that the kids are all nuts today is an understatement...lol

i cant wait for the weather to clear up, I even want to go outside!!

rain rain go away.....lol yes Im bored.....all kids are sleeping now....
Blackcat31 01:57 PM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by ninosqueridos:
Today I had a "light" day, and they all seemed worse?! I don't get it.
Me too! I had three dck's absent and the day was absolutely CRAZY!!!! Glad it is almost quitting time!
tenderhearts 02:00 PM 02-16-2011
When that happens to me, I place each of the kids around the room in different locations away from each other and give them some books and tell them it's "quiet time" for 15 min, they need to read quietly, and when the 15 min is up they can get up BUT they MUST follow directions and follow the rules or back in "book quiet" time and longer each time. If someone isn't being quiet during book time they still have to sit quietly with their books longer while the others play. It works for me and only twice have I ever had to put them back in "book" time. Maybe give that a try. It seems to settle them down and break the cycle.
SilverSabre25 02:04 PM 02-16-2011
I am positive it's the proto-spring-like weather we're having here. It's making everyone squirrelly. I've been trying to get outside for a reasonable length of time for two days now but things keep getting in the way; I'm not in the habit and it's going to take time to get to that new routine. Maybe tomorrow everyone will have shoes...
Angelwings36 02:35 PM 02-16-2011
lol it's -23C here and we have a snow storm...I wish it was rain!
daycare 02:46 PM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by Angelwings36:
lol it's -23C here and we have a snow storm...I wish it was rain!
omg where do you live that is crazy weather................
Angelwings36 02:47 PM 02-16-2011
I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada lol. I have parents that expect me to take my whole group of daycare kids out in this crap...um...no! lol I think I need to re-locate our spring will not start for another 2 months Also -23C is nothing...we get days that are -40C or more here and it can last for weeks on end.
SilverSabre25 02:50 PM 02-16-2011
Eh, despite the Springish weather we're having here, I half expect to pay for it by having a blizzard in March. It's been known to happen...
daycare 02:50 PM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by Angelwings36:
I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada lol. I have parents that expect me to take my whole group of daycare kids out in this crap...um...no! lol I think I need to re-locate our spring will not start for another 2 months Also -23C is nothing...we get days that are -40C or more here and it can last for weeks on end.
holy crap!!!!! I have actually been to saskatchewan CA but it was summer and I was about 12 so I dont recall a whole lot.....many many moons ago....but good lord that is cold... I think it got down to about 32 degrees here once...lol sorry not trying to rub it in
sahm2three 07:49 PM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by mrsyecker:
It seems that this week every single one of the children are acting up

Everyone has thrown the rules out the window and no longer listens. Even my own child is getting in trouble at pre-k!

What in the world is going on?!?!?!
Full moon. It always brings out the crazyness! One of my under 2's yanked one of the screens off of my windows while we were outside today!! Tomorrow is Thursday, we will make it.......
marniewon 08:35 PM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Eh, despite the Springish weather we're having here, I half expect to pay for it by having a blizzard in March. It's been known to happen...
For as dumb as this sounds, as I am so over winter and ready for spring, I want one more blizzard, or at least a good snow so I can get my 16yo ds out driving in it before he gets his license. He lost his permit so he wasn't able to drive for the last few months, and I didn't get him another one because he was positive he could find his wallet and permit, but couldn't so I finally told him if he wanted to get his license he had to get another permit and start driving again!

Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Full moon. It always brings out the crazyness! One of my under 2's yanked one of the screens off of my windows while we were outside today!! Tomorrow is Thursday, we will make it.......
LOL! I was just outside and looked up in the sky. Thought to myself, full moon, no wonder the kids were crazy today!! Mine were very much misbehaving. I have two 2yo boys and one of them is new and apparently trying to establish dominance. I thought he had achieved that last week, but apparently not, because he was doing the same things today as he was when he first started here.
momatheart 03:59 AM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
definitely was going to say full moon. My class is horrible the WEEK BEFORE a full moon! OMG my coworker and I just try to keep this in perspective. We go bonkers some months.
Tags:chaos, rules
Reply Up