Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do SA Kid Before And After Care Work With Ratio?
Controlled Chaos 07:59 PM 10-01-2014
I am considering doing before and after school care next year. I am going to the new provider orientation class next month (I have been providing care license exempt for a few years, but am new to SA). Is there a separate ratio consideration for SA or do they still fall under your regular ratio? I am in UT, but can't find the info on our licensing website. There are the 4 and under ratios listing and the the 5+ ratio listed, but am not sure how it works if you want to do both. Can you do both?

I know many of you loath the SA I would only take current dcks that have been with me previously, or siblings.
Thriftylady 08:05 PM 10-01-2014
It really depends where you live. Some states give extra slots for school age. I have never lived in one of those states. Here, it would really mess me up to have kids coming in at four if other parents didn't pick up by then. Now if you have some parents who pick up before school is out and school starts before some drop off it works okay.
sahm1225 04:39 AM 10-02-2014
In illinois, I am allowed 4 extra if they are school
Kids. I have my 2 that are school kids and two siblings.
Shell 05:26 AM 10-02-2014
Where I live, I (myself) can have 6 kids plus 2 school aged after three years of operating, with an upgrade during re-licensing.
Blackcat31 06:58 AM 10-02-2014
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
I am considering doing before and after school care next year. I am going to the new provider orientation class next month (I have been providing care license exempt for a few years, but am new to SA). Is there a separate ratio consideration for SA or do they still fall under your regular ratio? I am in UT, but can't find the info on our licensing website. There are the 4 and under ratios listing and the the 5+ ratio listed, but am not sure how it works if you want to do both. Can you do both?

I know many of you loath the SA I would only take current dcks that have been with me previously, or siblings.
Meeko is in Utah, maybe she can advise you.

If she doesn't respond in this thread, PM her.

Here is what I've found so far; (No idea if it helps or not)

"Care for up to 8 children with 1 caregiver including no more than 2 children under age 2; OR care for up to 6 children with 1 caregiver including no more than 3 children under age 2; OR care for up to 16 children with 2 caregivers including no more than 4 children under age 2. Providers’ own children under age 4 count in the ratios."

https://www.daycare.com/utah/
Controlled Chaos 07:37 AM 10-02-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Meeko is in Utah, maybe she can advise you.

If she doesn't respond in this thread, PM her.

Here is what I've found so far; (No idea if it helps or not)

"Care for up to 8 children with 1 caregiver including no more than 2 children under age 2; OR care for up to 6 children with 1 caregiver including no more than 3 children under age 2; OR care for up to 16 children with 2 caregivers including no more than 4 children under age 2. Providers’ own children under age 4 count in the ratios."

https://www.daycare.com/utah/
Yea, that is what I found too. I was surprised there wasn't an explanation of how combining the two age groups work.

And stupid question, I can't figure out how to pm someone. Lol I have been wanting pm meeker for weeks ...struggling
Thriftylady 07:54 AM 10-02-2014
Click up at the right top of the screen here where it says private message. On the list on the left click send message a screen will come up to do it.
Reply Up