Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Mary Poppins's Avatar
Mary Poppins Mary Poppins is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 399
Default Local Schools Dropped Their B/A School Program!

I am not sure if this is a curse or a blessing.

I've been debating whether or not to take any more SA'ers at all and have been leaning toward just taking the 0 - 4 crowd but now.... Hmmm!!!!!!

For those of you who don't take SA'ers, would you reconsider if you thought that the market may be flooded with them this fall?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-19-2012, 05:01 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Poppins View Post
I am not sure if this is a curse or a blessing.

I've been debating whether or not to take any more SA'ers at all and have been leaning toward just taking the 0 - 4 crowd but now.... Hmmm!!!!!!

For those of you who don't take SA'ers, would you reconsider if you thought that the market may be flooded with them this fall?
welllllllll..... NO...lol

Sorry, I just can't handle SA kids all day....lol BUT if you think you can do it and you have it in you, I say Go for it......sounds like you would have a waiting list a mile long....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-19-2012, 05:21 PM
snbauser's Avatar
snbauser snbauser is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385
Default

Absolutely NOT!! LOL!! I did school agers one summer and that was the last time i will ever do that.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-19-2012, 05:23 PM
small_steps's Avatar
small_steps small_steps is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 482
Default

I don't think I would want to take b/a schoolers period unless that was all that I took. At my children's school they got rid of their after school program but one of the teachers started another one up except she only does after school and it's $5 per day per kid. It's a small town and she has 15-20 kids. That's a good bit of money every day for just a couple hours after school...it's actually 2 & 1/2 hours every day.

ANyway, I'm sure that's probably not what you're looking into but it is a pretty good idea in my opinion. She got the schools permission and uses their building and has to pay no out of pocket fees to use it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Mary Poppins's Avatar
Mary Poppins Mary Poppins is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snbauser View Post
Absolutely NOT!! LOL!! I did school agers one summer and that was the last time i will ever do that.
I can see why!!

I have ONE this summer and although he isn't a bad kid, he is driving me batty lol. I thought gosh, if only I had 5 more of him or.... none EVER AGAIN.....

Maybe I will get lucky and the other dc's here will fill up with SAers this fall and I will get calls for all the adorable little ones??
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Mary Poppins's Avatar
Mary Poppins Mary Poppins is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by small_steps View Post
I don't think I would want to take b/a schoolers period unless that was all that I took. At my children's school they got rid of their after school program but one of the teachers started another one up except she only does after school and it's $5 per day per kid. It's a small town and she has 15-20 kids. That's a good bit of money every day for just a couple hours after school...it's actually 2 & 1/2 hours every day.

ANyway, I'm sure that's probably not what you're looking into but it is a pretty good idea in my opinion. She got the schools permission and uses their building and has to pay no out of pocket fees to use it.
What a smart lady!!

I only have 6 spots so I'd have to charge a premium to make it worth my while. Plus the cost of all the vodka and Xanax I'd need...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-19-2012, 05:40 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

http://www.daycare.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Crazy8's Avatar
Crazy8 Crazy8 is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,769
Default

I thought of going to ONLY b/a school now that my kids are getting older but I really just don't like older kids, LOL! And our schools b/a care is cheap so i'd never get the kids anyway.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
school age

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT-What Would You Do Concerning The School Country Kids Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 05-16-2012 11:24 AM
I Notice A School (Daycare Chain) Is Having A Local Job Fair TGPII New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! 0 05-07-2012 11:33 AM
Does Anyone Home School??? Michael Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 01-11-2011 09:16 AM
School Aged Children and Busing GretasLittleFriends Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 14 01-25-2010 08:29 AM
Is it Legal to Charge for Full Year When Leaving a Program with Notice? Unregistered Parents and Guardians Forum 7 01-21-2010 10:11 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:29 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming