Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help With RSV Response ASAP Please!
CountryRoads 12:56 PM 04-28-2019
Dcg1 has been out almost 2 weeks. She got rsv and was on oxygen all last week, she came off of it on Friday. Dcm said she will be back tomorrow but sent the following text:

"...the doctor did emphasize the importance of her not getting sick again right away due to her lungs/immune system. If there is someone sick I can figure out other childcare for her."

Not sure how to respond. Germs are everywhere and I obviously can't guarantee she won't get sick again right away. What would you say?
Michael 01:01 PM 04-28-2019
Sundays are a bit slow on the forum. Here is a document about Respiratory Syncytial Virus that may give you some details on how to respond: https://www.Daycare.com/forms/SRV.pdf
Michael 01:20 PM 04-28-2019
Here is another thread where providers were considering giving notice for SRV. https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81929

One member mentioned: "They can return when all symptoms of RSV are gone."

"Legally you are not supposed to tell about other children. In the past I have sent a note home. Explaining that a child was diagnosed with the illness. I tell parents what to look for and then remind what the illness policy is. I make sure they know when a child is allowed back into care."

To prevent illness I use: https://dabprotects.com/pages/daycare
CountryRoads 01:32 PM 04-28-2019
Thank you Michael!
nannyde 03:22 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Dcg1 has been out almost 2 weeks. She got rsv and was on oxygen all last week, she came off of it on Friday. Dcm said she will be back tomorrow but sent the following text:

"...the doctor did emphasize the importance of her not getting sick again right away due to her lungs/immune system. If there is someone sick I can figure out other childcare for her."

Not sure how to respond. Germs are everywhere and I obviously can't guarantee she won't get sick again right away. What would you say?
Mom, thanks for the update. Because most viral and bacterial infections have a period of incubation and contagious before a child shows signs or symptoms of illness, it would be too risky for her to return until her immune system is restored to normal. Please send a note from the Doctor when he or she is confident your child can return with a fully restored immune system.

Hopefully she will be able to return to child care soon. Let us know when her Doctor is confident she can withstand exposure to common illnesses in child care that may not be discovered until multiple days after she has been exposed. Also, please remember to get a note verifying this.
Mom2Two 11:02 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Mom, thanks for the update. Because most viral and bacterial infections have a period of incubation and contagious before a child shows signs or symptoms of illness, it would be too risky for her to return until her immune system is restored to normal. Please send a note from the Doctor when he or she is confident your child can return with a fully restored immune system.

Hopefully she will be able to return to child care soon. Let us know when her Doctor is confident she can withstand exposure to common illnesses in child care that may not be discovered until multiple days after she has been exposed. Also, please remember to get a note verifying this.

Tags:contagious diseases, contagious illnesses, doctor's note, nannyde, respiratory syncytial virus, rsv, sickness notice, sickness policy
Reply Up