Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Really?!!!
spedmommy4 05:58 PM 09-28-2015
I termed a child last week. This little one has significant needs, so I gave mom about a week to find care.

Dcb 4 came today. Everything was fine. He was actually having an okay day. No significant behaviors. . . . So I left him with my assistant while I ran an errand.

While I was gone, he had an accident. (Poop) My assistant had to clean it up. But . . . It gets worse, he reached in for a handful while she was changing him. There is more, but I can't share. I am going to have nightmares tonight.

The dcm didn't believe me when I shared it with her at pick up. Ugh!! Yeah, I get a kick out of making this stuff up. Is it Friday?
daycare 07:43 PM 09-28-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
I termed a child last week. This little one has significant needs, so I gave mom about a week to find care.

Dcb 4 came today. Everything was fine. He was actually having an okay day. No significant behaviors. . . . So I left him with my assistant while I ran an errand.

While I was gone, he had an accident. (Poop) My assistant had to clean it up. But . . . It gets worse, he reached in for a handful while she was changing him. There is more, but I can't share. I am going to have nightmares tonight.

The dcm didn't believe me when I shared it with her at pick up. Ugh!! Yeah, I get a kick out of making this stuff up. Is it Friday?
OMG what. Really.

I hate it when dcp question me. How many more days left do you have. Oh ugh. That just sounds horrible.
spedmommy4 07:51 PM 09-28-2015
Until the end of the week. I'm counting the days. It seems like just when I think I've seen everything . . .
Play Care 03:00 AM 09-29-2015
Wow, but mom thinks there isn't anything amiss?

So what are you going to get your assistant for The holidays this year?!
Blackcat31 06:54 AM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
Until the end of the week. I'm counting the days. It seems like just when I think I've seen everything . . .
first rule of daycare:

Just when you think you've seen it all, someone WILL prove you wrong.
Ariana 09:50 AM 09-29-2015
I had a special needs boy poop in his pants during nap while lying on a cot, take the poop out of his pants and start playing with it on his cot. I was sitting there wondering what does he have in his hands. Go over and it's SH!T

That was a fun story to tell the parents
spedmommy4 11:54 AM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Wow, but mom thinks there isn't anything amiss?

So what are you going to get your assistant for The holidays this year?!
Something awesome. . I was fully expecting a resignation after that incident. I almost got.sick listening to her retell it.
Snowmom 06:59 PM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I had a special needs boy poop in his pants during nap while lying on a cot, take the poop out of his pants and start playing with it on his cot. I was sitting there wondering what does he have in his hands. Go over and it's SH!T

That was a fun story to tell the parents
Oh yea, been there. My dcb was eating it though. I did throw up. Multiple times.
Reply Up