Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help Wording Something
sahm1225 06:37 PM 04-28-2011
I had a family that left just one day notice (my contract states 2 wks) and is now asking to come back (DCDs hours at work were drastically cut and they couldnt afford daycare anymore)

I have thought about this alot and decided that I WILL take them back. BUT I want a 1 week deposit to be used for the last week of care and I want this to be a contract just for the summer (I have one full time little one that doesn't come for the summer so DCG is going to take his spot for the summer). DCD job is seasonal so they will only need me part time during the winter jobs, so I want a new contract that says the higher part time rate to be signed at the beginning of fall.

any tips on wording this in an email to the family?
daycare 06:41 PM 04-28-2011
hmmm wheres abigal...lol shes the letter queen.....

I can toss something at ya let me think..
daycare 06:44 PM 04-28-2011
so do you want a letter or a contract?
sahm1225 06:47 PM 04-28-2011
just a letter. I am going to have them resign the contract and add the end date and 1 week deposit (and that it's nonrefundable)

the mom sent me the nicest email about how much they miss me (and yep, I did a little 'i told you so' dance!)
daycare 06:50 PM 04-28-2011
so you want to let them know nicely that you want a one week deposit and that they will only be able to come for the summer? You also want higher pay?

I also did the I told you so dance before.....feels so good doesnt it?? lol
sahm1225 06:54 PM 04-28-2011
They already know that when they go part time it's going to be more per day (they actually offered to pay it already).

So more about the deposit and that we will resign a new contract at the end of the summer when they go part time again (they want full time during the summer months)
WDW 06:53 PM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I had a family that left just one day notice (my contract states 2 wks) and is now asking to come back (DCDs hours at work were drastically cut and they couldnt afford daycare anymore)

I have thought about this alot and decided that I WILL take them back. BUT I want a 1 week deposit to be used for the last week of care and I want this to be a contract just for the summer (I have one full time little one that doesn't come for the summer so DCG is going to take his spot for the summer). DCD job is seasonal so they will only need me part time during the winter jobs, so I want a new contract that says the higher part time rate to be signed at the beginning of fall.

any tips on wording this in an email to the family?
I would just state right at the top of the contract valid from X date to X date.. so it's plainly stated. Then I would put a paragraph in about the deposit and tell them it has to be paid when they return the contract, on or before the first day of care.

As far as the email, I would start off saying how happy you are to have DCG back for the summer, and you just want to get the "business" stuff squared away so you can have fun. Tell them that since they are returning to daycare, there is new paperwork (your contract) and you could either attach a .pdf to the email with the contract, or ask them in the email when they want to meet to go over it. IF you email it, I would politely point out that there are some changes you have implemented since they last signed with you. I would also state that you have a different contract for full time vs part time, so since DCG is full time for summer, this contract is valid thru X date (which will be stated at the top) and that a week or so before that date, they should plan on sitting down with you again, at which point you can discuss the p/t arrangements and have them sign a new contract at that time.
Tags:2 week notice, cancelation policy, notice
Reply Up