Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does It Pay
Country Kids 07:48 AM 09-27-2011
For those that have an assistant do you find that it benefits you financially to have an assistant. Are you bringing home more money or does your money go to paying an assistant. I would hate to expand only to have more children to pay someone else. Everyone in my area that has an assistant goes through a program that helps people get on their feet so these people aren't actually being paid as it is all volunter. So I can see where that would benefit a provider financially.
JaydensMommy 07:55 AM 09-27-2011
I am in the process of hiring an assistant, I will be able to take on double the kids and will double my income. About half of the extra income will go to paying my assistant. To me it's worth it to have the help and I will also be making more money.
Blackcat31 08:13 AM 09-27-2011
Having an assistant here would mean having an additional 2 children who are school age. I do not do school age so it would not be beneficial to me.

It would also allow me to have the same number of kids but have different age groups (more infants/toddlers and less pre-school) but still the same number of kids. I charge per child NOT according to age so again it would not be beneficial.

No assistant here....well, except my DH but I don't have to pay him.
Meeko 08:40 AM 09-27-2011
I am family group, but I am not sure if it would be worth it for me if I had to pay an assistant.

My son is my assistant and in exchange for his help, he lives rent free in our day care home. He gets the independence. I like the fact that someone is here at night. He mows the lawn, cleans etc. Works for me!
Tags:assistant
Reply Up