Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help Wording a Termination Email...
SunflowerMama 10:54 AM 03-31-2010
So I'm horrible confronting people so email is my friend and it helps me with a paper trail in addition.

I just started a 9 month old little girl Monday and she's super sweet but screams bloody murder if I'm not holding her. All of my other kiddos are older and walking so having her the last 3 days has been stressful on me and the other dck.

We 're in the 10 day trial period and I want to let the mom know that I'll watch her this week but wouldn't be able to after that point (she was being watched by her grandparents who live with her parents...so finding care won't be a problem for them).

Can someone help me with the wording for my notice. She's a sweet baby but I feel like I'm taking away from the other kids to meet her needs.

I've actually decided to drop my numbers down to a more comfortable, manageable number. I've also decided to stick with just walkers. We are in a very populated area outside Dallas so I've been lucky enough to fill with a waiting list so I think it would be better for me and the dck to stick to the comfort of walkers.

How could I word it to mom??
grandmom 01:48 PM 03-31-2010
Please consider wording this in person. Email is so impersonal.

You could just say what you've said in your post. You thought you could do this with the older children you have, but can see now it's just not going to work. You're happy to continue care for a week while they find other care.

I wouldn't see this as a confrontation. I'm not good at them myself, so I know what you mean. But the reality is, after practice, you would feel ok with this process.

Good luck.
Unregistered 01:56 PM 03-31-2010
I was having the same exact issue, only my 9 month old I've had for 6 weeks now. She still screams bloody murder unless i'm sitting right next to her or holding her. Someone recommended http://www.thedaycarelady.com/form.htm I did find a really good form. It's the probation period form. You can tweak it and make it into a termination form if you want.
originalkat 03:00 PM 03-31-2010
Please do not email her with this! No one likes confrontation. It is uncomfortable, but if you are in this business you need to be able to deal with potential situations like this upfront and in person. You have very valid points and you are wise to see this will not work out. You are also wise to have worked in a trial period into your contract. But it is really inappropriate IMO to give information like this through email.

Just work up your nerve, pick the right time, plan your words ahead of time and "JUST DO IT". You will feel SOOO good as soon as you do.

You can do it Twin MAMA!
tymaboy 04:02 PM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I was having the same exact issue, only my 9 month old I've had for 6 weeks now. She still screams bloody murder unless i'm sitting right next to her or holding her. Someone recommended http://www.thedaycarelady.com/form.htm I did find a really good form. It's the probation period form. You can tweak it and make it into a termination form if you want.
I believe that was me. Yes I agree with others. This is not something you should do in email. Print off 2 copies, have her sign both & you sign both that way you both have a copy & there is no question that she did not receive the email (could get lost in space or sent to spam folder) These things are never easy but it something that we need to do every so often.
Tags:termination letter
Reply Up