Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Invoice???
Jack Sprat 01:01 PM 07-03-2013
Hello! I have been running my in home daycare for 5 weeks now. I have seen mention a lot around the boards invoices. So question is do you give parents an invoice each week? I am not as of yet. My parents pay on Friday or the last day of care. If they have a question as to rate then I answer, so far no problems.

What do you all do?
daycare 01:09 PM 07-03-2013
I invoice monthly and do it by email.....

It is up to the parents to check it and save it for their records.

A lot of us on here use MMK...it is great for keeping tracking of your accounting and all of your tax stuff....

I can show you a sample of one of mine via email if you PM me your email addy
Jack Sprat 01:14 PM 07-03-2013
I have MMK well the trial version. Our food program doesn't use it as it is too costly for them.

Also, do you get paid 1x month then or just send the monthly invoice of total paid? Does that make sense?
daycare 01:16 PM 07-03-2013
Originally Posted by Lil Monkey:
I have MMK well the trial version. Our food program doesn't use it as it is too costly for them.

Also, do you get paid 1x month then or just send the monthly invoice of total paid? Does that make sense?
both..

99% of my parents pay monthly in advance. I create an invoice for them and email. they get it on the 10th of each month.

I do the same for those that pay weekly and just apply the payments to the balance that they pay me each week.

when both are zero, I then send them a rcpt...

it saves me so much time, money and paper...
Blackcat31 01:20 PM 07-03-2013
Originally Posted by Lil Monkey:

It would be TOTALLY worth your time to purchase MMK yourself and get full use of the program....it is fantastic!

My parents all pay on different schedules. Some weekly, some bi-weekly and some monthly.

I don't care when, just as long as we set up a schedule and stick to it. So if they pick bi-weekly then I expect a check bi-weekly on time, every time.

ALL payments are due on or before Friday at 5:00 P.M. for the upcoming week(s) so everyone is pre-paying for their care.

If they miss a payment, the late fee is $10 per calendar day the first time.
$20 per calendar day the second time and the third time they are late, I will terminate them.

I don't and won't search for, remind or run around trying to collect my paycheck.

Also NO services are ever provided until ALL fees are paid in FULL.

HTH
Cradle2crayons 01:38 PM 07-03-2013
I don't do invoices. The parents know what they owe and when they owe and I never have the need to invoice.
Blackcat31 01:45 PM 07-03-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I don't do invoices. The parents know what they owe and when they owe and I never have the need to invoice.
The invoices aren't always to inform parents what they owe.

They are a fantastic paper trail for tax/IRS purposes and any other documentation purposes you may need them for.
butterfly 02:12 PM 07-03-2013
I don't give invoices. My rate is the same every week. If a client requests a receipt, I will write them one. I do make a copy of all checks received and file them until I have time to record them for tax purposes.

I have a weekly rate; however, some of my clients choose to pay weekly, monthly or every two weeks. I don't care how often they pay as long as I get paid (in advance).
Cradle2crayons 02:18 PM 07-03-2013
Originally Posted by butterfly:
I don't give invoices. My rate is the same every week. If a client requests a receipt, I will write them one. I do make a copy of all checks received and file them until I have time to record them for tax purposes.

I have a weekly rate; however, some of my clients choose to pay weekly, monthly or every two weeks. I don't care how often they pay as long as I get paid (in advance).
Yep, I always give a receipt for payment and make a copy of it for their records. I also record everything in excel.
daycare 02:21 PM 07-03-2013
if you have a mobile bank app that allows you to make deposits via smart phone, you can keep the checks. this is what I do and it helps cut down on paper work....
AmyKidsCo 02:36 PM 07-03-2013
I have MMK and create monthly invoices but don't send them to parents. I may start next month though, since I have a whole new "crop" of new families starting.

I do give them MMK receipts for each payment.
MarinaVanessa 02:39 PM 07-03-2013
I use MMK also and it makes it so much easier for me because I have two families on an old rate and the rest are on my new rate and I also have FT clients, PT clients with different number of days and hours so they each have a different rate and I also take drop ins. MMK helps me keep track of how much each client pays (does it automatically when I make my invoices) and if my PTers ever ask me for an extra day here or there or if a client incurs a fee then I can add it to their next invoice which totally helps me keep track of everything.
Jack Sprat 12:58 PM 07-05-2013
Great! I am going to go ahead and get MMK.
Reply Up