Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I am thinking of starting or buying a daycare. I have no idea where to start. I kno
TGPII 08:19 PM 08-26-2014
I am thinking of starting or buying a daycare. I have no idea where to start. I know there are already forums and threads on this. Can someone please redirect me to them?
craftymissbeth 08:48 PM 08-26-2014
Maybe these will help

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ting+a+daycare

To search for more, click the triangle next to "Search" at the top and then choose "Tag Search". You'll be able to search the tags attached to posts.
llpa 04:54 AM 08-27-2014
I would also research your area's need and your state's rules and regs. Good luck!
Cat Herder 04:59 AM 08-27-2014
I added plenty of tags below to link to old threads. Just click on them.
Blackcat31 05:32 AM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by TGPII:
I am thinking of starting or buying a daycare. I have no idea where to start. I know there are already forums and threads on this. Can someone please redirect me to them?
Go to your user profile. (Click on your user name to get there)

Under the Statistics tab, you can click "Show all threads started by user" and it will bring you to all the threads you've started on this subject.

I wish there were more members here to help but a majority of users are in-home child care providers or center workers. We don't have many center owners but those we do have, have already given you advice on how to start a small center.

Sugarmagnolia for one, has posted some VERY helpful information in several of your threads.

I think the bottom line is you need to do your homework and then the leg work it takes to get a center open.

YOU know your area and what the market in your area is for small centers.

I would again, suggest that you visit these centers and perhaps talk with the owners and see if they would be willing to help you along the way.

It takes hard work and lots of networking and it definitely isn't going to happen over night. I would suggest perhaps working in a center for a while to build up some connections with area families, the DHS department in your area as well as get a handle on what the need in your community is for a center.

Other than that, I don't think there is much else we can offer.

Here is a link to the other threads you've posted about opening a center

https://www.daycare.com/forum/search...archid=2925537
craftymissbeth 08:45 AM 08-27-2014
Oh. Oh my. OP, sweetie, you've posted about the exact same topic at least a dozen times within 2 years. Surely that's been plenty of time for you to research this on your own. We all love to help, but clearly our answers aren't good enough.
coolconfidentme 09:22 AM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Oh. Oh my. OP, sweetie, you've posted about the exact same topic at least a dozen times within 2 years. Surely that's been plenty of time for you to research this on your own. We all love to help, but clearly our answers aren't good enough.
(giggle)
Sugar Magnolia 09:53 AM 08-27-2014
I wasted over an hour of my precious time writing you a private message on this. You didn't bother to say thank you.
Tags:opening a center, opening a child care, opening a daycare, start a day care, start a daycare, start a daycare business, start daycare, starting a child care
Reply Up