Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Application for Interested Families
LeslieG 07:57 AM 09-18-2014
The other day I thought of starting an application process for families who are interested in starting care. I'm just so tired of having all these interviews and then NEVER HEARING BACK FROM THE FAMILY!! I mean.. I guess that means they are not interested, but sometimes will seem very interested.. I'll email them.. they'll tell me they're interested but are still figuring some things out.. aannnndd then I never hear from them again.

I just thought handing them an application at the end of the interview would be a good way to know if they absolutely want to enroll their child with me. I think that would also be a clear indication of what the next step is if they would like to go with me (maybe there has been confusion in the past about what the next step would be if they are interested).

I also think it would be nice for me to have more information about the family and child right away through the questions on the application. I'm not sure exactly what questions I would put on there yet, but obviously I wouldn't ask things that aren't my business.

Do any of you do something like this?
craftymissbeth 09:21 AM 09-18-2014
I used to, but it was an online application I required before I would do an interview. I made it on google docs, maybe? I can't remember, to be honest. I think I'm going to start requiring an application before interviews again. It definitely helped me stop wasting my time on families that I didn't want to take since I'm pretty picky.
AmyKidsCo 08:14 PM 09-18-2014
I have an Intent to Enroll in the interview folder, but most parents take it home to fill out. I feel your pain - I had an interview 2 weeks ago but haven't heard back. They wanted to start Monday so I'm guessing it's a No.

To look at it from the other side, if I were in their shoes I'd want to go home and talk about things in private with my husband rather than make a snap decision right in front of the provider.
daycare 08:23 PM 09-18-2014
I would do one follow up email and then leave it at that.
For me, I would not enroll a family who came and met with me or an hour and can say yes. I normally want parents to come back see my program in action and then go home and think about it. I want them to know my rules and policies and really think if that is something they can work with.

It a huge decision in my eyes. They are trusting us with their loved ones.

I do have one nice email that I send that offers them a spot or not. If I am offering them the spot I will give them a dead line to respond by. If I don't hear from them by that dead line then it's pretty safe to say they are not enrolling.

You have to accept you won't win them all and that you just keep interviewing until you find the one.
cheerfuldom 10:44 AM 09-19-2014
What are you doing to screen these people BEFORE interviews?
LysesKids 10:55 AM 09-19-2014
I have all my policies on my website and I ask that parents please read them thru BEFORE contacting me (I have a contact page on my website)... if they aren't willing to follow them, it says right on the contact form not to bother sending it because it would be a waste of both our time if they don't like the fees or rules. My first line in the policies pretty much states

My fees, hours and policies are well thought out and are non-negotiable...
Unregistered 08:08 AM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
I would do one follow up email and then leave it at that.
For me, I would not enroll a family who came and met with me or an hour and can say yes. I normally want parents to come back see my program in action and then go home and think about it. I want them to know my rules and policies and really think if that is something they can work with.

It a huge decision in my eyes. They are trusting us with their loved ones.

I do have one nice email that I send that offers them a spot or not. If I am offering them the spot I will give them a dead line to respond by. If I don't hear from them by that dead line then it's pretty safe to say they are not enrolling.

You have to accept you won't win them all and that you just keep interviewing until you find the one.
Can I see you acceptance email?
daycare 08:16 AM 04-03-2015
since this email, I have started an application process with a $25 fee per application. They have 7 days to return it with application fee.

It has so far worked out really well, I know who is interested and who is no. Those that are not are usually ones I don't want to enroll anyways. lol

PM me an email address and I can share my letter with you.
Reply Up