Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Searching For Tried And True
themoorethemerrier 06:06 AM 11-08-2011
recipes for cloud dough, play dough, and play clay. I have a few recipes I found online and they were not that great.

Also how long do they last in your house? Now that winter is here (almost) I want to make sure I have some ready for use when the kiddos get antsy.

I searched them on here, but the search engine isn't being all that helpful. Just me?
themoorethemerrier 06:16 AM 11-08-2011
Found the cloud dough!
familyschoolcare 06:34 AM 11-08-2011
play dough

two parts flour
one part salt
food coloring
just enlugph water for the right consitance

with this must salt the children will not think it taste good and it will last a long time.
Meyou 06:45 AM 11-08-2011
My playdough recipe

2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp cream of tartar
2 cups hot water
1 pkg koolaid (without sugar)

Mix ingredients together over med heat stirring constantly until a ball forms. Knead for 5 minutes. Store in airtight containers.

This keeps for about 4 months before it starts to get sticky. The colors are vibrant with the koolaid and the playdough smells like the flavor. It doesn't dye the skin and the recipe makes a nice big ball of each color.
kendallina 10:26 AM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
My playdough recipe

2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp cream of tartar
2 cups hot water
1 pkg koolaid (without sugar)

Mix ingredients together over med heat stirring constantly until a ball forms. Knead for 5 minutes. Store in airtight containers.

This keeps for about 4 months before it starts to get sticky. The colors are vibrant with the koolaid and the playdough smells like the flavor. It doesn't dye the skin and the recipe makes a nice big ball of each color.
This is the playdough recipe that I use too. I've found it works better and stays good for longer when it's the cooked recipe.
Tags:cloud dough, play clay, playdough, recipes
Reply Up