Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination Paperwork?
MG&Lsmom 07:35 AM 10-26-2010
So in a spin off of my hijack of the sleep issues thread, do you have termination paperwork? Or a letter? DCPs verbally said they were done, and showing up unannounced to pick of DCG 2 hrs into the day and demanding all her equipment and such, I'm pretty sure they are not coming back and won't agree to filling anything out. But based on the awful things they said to me I want to cover my you know what. I did call my licensor yesterday about this, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet.
Thanks in advance.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:04 AM 10-26-2010
I personally would type out what exactly happened,.. exact words he used, dates times, etc,... and print it sign it and put it in your file. I may even go as far as to mail a copy of it to myself in the mail so you can prove if something happens later that you documented it, on the day not months after. I would make a huge diagonal line through her original contract, sign and date it and write termed by parents due to their inflexibility. Call it good and realize it takes all kinds of monkeys to make the circus .
MyAngels 09:48 AM 10-26-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
Call it good and realize it takes all kinds of monkeys to make the circus .
Truer words have never been spoken , especially in this profession.
DancingQueen 09:49 AM 10-26-2010
tagging on to your thread.
I gave a letter and verbalized it and I know they are done this friday - but they never signed my copy of the letter and gave it back to me - would you push for it?
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:57 AM 10-26-2010
I wouldnt, I would add, parents refused to sign and return paperwork provided by provider. Date it, file it and move on to better days. Sometimes we need to deal with clients the way we do milk,.. when in doubt,.. throw it out.
DCMomOf3 10:34 AM 10-26-2010
Have they paid the 2 -weeks notice, assuming you have one? I would send an email stating that since they chose to term on Oct 25, they still owe you $$ for the two-weeks notice per your contract and ask them to mail final payment to your home address.

Then print it out, and any reply and file it with a copy of the final check.
MG&Lsmom 10:53 AM 10-26-2010
Originally Posted by Quincy:
Have they paid the 2 -weeks notice, assuming you have one? I would send an email stating that since they chose to term on Oct 25, they still owe you $$ for the two-weeks notice per your contract and ask them to mail final payment to your home address.

Then print it out, and any reply and file it with a copy of the final check.
We were off my normal contract for rate. We were kinda helping eachother out. My husband had worked with mom and got laid off. She was lucky to keep her job, but took a cut. Dad was getting laid off from his landscaping job 3 weeks earlier than normal. Come Dec, she was going part-time until March. So they were paying monthly, only for the days she was here, but at a higher rate. They paid me for the whole month of Oct, including the remainder of this week. Which I feel funny taking since we did have the pay per day arrangement.
Michael 01:36 PM 10-26-2010
You can find some termination letters here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ination+letter
Tags:termination letter
Reply Up