Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Daycare and Preschool Curriculum
Controlled Chaos 01:16 PM 02-18-2015
I am working on developing my own 12 month daycare/preschool curriculum and it made think of the site teacherspayteachers.com. Is there an equivalent for early childhood curriculum and lessons? I am not up for buying a whole mother goose curriculum package, I like doing things my way lol, but I would be into buying specific projects, templates, etc if needed. I would also love to have a venue to sell packaged daycare lessons with corresponding newsletters to parents. Have any of you done anything like that?
My husband keeps bugging me to start a blog and then sell ebooks of activities/lessons from there but that sounds like a whole other job I am not up for. Anyone blog/sell stuff that way?
This is all new territory to me.
daycare 01:22 PM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
I am working on developing my own 12 month daycare/preschool curriculum and it made think of the site teacherspayteachers.com. Is there an equivalent for early childhood curriculum and lessons? I am not up for buying a whole mother goose curriculum package, I like doing things my way lol, but I would be into buying specific projects, templates, etc if needed. I would also love to have a venue to sell packaged daycare lessons with corresponding newsletters to parents. Have any of you done anything like that?
My husband keeps bugging me to start a blog and then sell ebooks of activities/lessons from there but that sounds like a whole other job I am not up for. Anyone blog/sell stuff that way?
This is all new territory to me.
I have done something similar here are the sites that I use.

education.com

mailbox gold, you have to pay for this but it's $5.00 a month and I basically have the same thing year after year.

i have also kept all of my curriculum books from MGT and Sunshine express, we reuse the ones that are super fun and cool. I just make my own stuff up to go along with it. I hav tacked the super fun days that the kids loved and we don't bother with the others.

I love tpt there are a lot of free stuff on there.

oh and another called toddler express. they have two set calendars one for preschool age and one for toddler age. I love that site becuase I have two different classes
daycare 01:46 PM 02-18-2015
I did this last year and will do it again this year.

I got all of my stuff at the dollar tree....

if you want the sponge observation sheet to go with it I can share that with you too....
Attached: Scan_20150218.jpg (70.5 KB) 
daycarediva 02:44 PM 02-18-2015
I have a large 3 ring binder with divider tabs. It's Jan-Dec and then theme based units unrelated to seasons or holidays in the back in alphabetical order. I use a LOT of TPT stuff. LOVE that site!

I keep a small tote for each season/theme in my daycare closet. Everything is laminated, and I just reuse now and photocopy (from my binder) any of the 'consumable' stuff.
Controlled Chaos 01:36 PM 02-19-2015
Thanks for the suggestions I need to get me a huge o binder And some tubs for seasonal/thematic books and stuff...my dh is going to kill me if I try to go to the container store this month, maybe next month lol That place is AMAZING...I may have a problem
Teach54 08:34 AM 02-14-2016
Check out kidssoup.com for about $40 a year, you can get an amazing amount of ideas and printables for just about any area. This price also includes abc twiggles for individual letter practice. I'm a retired elem teacher that started a home pre-k and I love it!
racemom 07:14 PM 02-22-2016
I like dltk-kids for free printables. I work with toddlers and so am always looking for very basic ideas.
Reply Up