Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need A Tagline Please!
ShainaRae 10:11 PM 01-21-2012
Hi everyone!! My name is Shaina and I am working toward starting my own in home daycare. I have chosen a name and made a logo that I am in love with. The name is "The P-Patch". I am in Seattle. In Seattle's smaller neighborhoods have P-Patches. They are large gardens put together by the surrounding communities. Each person in the community can pick a small space to grow things. It is meant to promote community and cultivate relationships. Wedgwood, where I live, doesn't have one so I thought it would be cute to name my daycare that. However, I am having trouble with the tagline. So far I have:

"A garden of fun for your little one" & "Where your sprout can bloom"

I'm not entirely fond of either one. Some terms I thought would be good to include:

Bud, Sprout, Seedling, Oasis, Bloom, Cultivating, Wee, Snug, & Prune.

I really want to try for something clever, maybe a play-on-words of sorts. I hope you can help! Thank you so much!!

~Shaina
Michael 12:26 AM 01-22-2012
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum Shaina! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.
seebachers 04:32 AM 01-22-2012
ok this is probably a little crude and being that I am not from your area I would not immediately get your concept...but my first thought went to PEE instead of PEA. Maybe you would want to spell it out to alleviate any confusion and/or embarrassment that could arise.
KEG123 07:11 AM 01-22-2012
I like the name... my daycare is Kid E. Garden, "Where Children Grow" So obviously we think alike.

I also like the above suggestion to call it the "Pea Patch" Has to do with gardening and veggies.
Blackcat31 07:21 AM 01-22-2012
Originally Posted by seebachers:
ok this is probably a little crude and being that I am not from your area I would not immediately get your concept...but my first thought went to PEE instead of PEA. Maybe you would want to spell it out to alleviate any confusion and/or embarrassment that could arise.
Yes, sooo NOT trying to be mean, just honest, but I also thought Pee Patch like that fake plastic grass they sell on TV for your dog to do his business on if he can't get outside.

Now that I know what you mean, I would suggest spelling it like pea and not just the letter P.
Lucy 01:57 PM 01-22-2012
If you're not from the area, I agree it would sound odd. However, I live not too far away and visit a city north of Seattle often, so I was familiar with this concept. People who live there would totally know what she meant. The "P" does not stand for peas.

http://www.seattle.gov/neighborhoods/ppatch/

From the website:

"What is a P-Patch?
P-Patch is the name given to community gardens that are managed by the Seattle Department of Neighborhoods P-Patch Community Gardening Program. The name, P-Patch, originated from its first community garden, Picardo Farm. Gardens come in many shapes, sizes, and ownerships"

I love "Shaina's P-Patch. A Garden of Fun for your Little One" I think that would be awesome.
Beach Baby 02:12 PM 01-22-2012
I also thought of PEE patch! It seems as though people from the area will know exactly what you mean and not think of pee. I LOVE "Shaina's P-Patch. A Garden of Fun for your Little One" That sounds great!
Blackcat31 03:30 PM 01-22-2012
Originally Posted by Joyce:
If you're not from the area, I agree it would sound odd. However, I live not too far away and visit a city north of Seattle often, so I was familiar with this concept. People who live there would totally know what she meant. The "P" does not stand for peas.

http://www.seattle.gov/neighborhoods/ppatch/

From the website:

"What is a P-Patch?
P-Patch is the name given to community gardens that are managed by the Seattle Department of Neighborhoods P-Patch Community Gardening Program. The name, P-Patch, originated from its first community garden, Picardo Farm. Gardens come in many shapes, sizes, and ownerships"

I love "Shaina's P-Patch. A Garden of Fun for your Little One" I think that would be awesome.
Thank you for clearing that up Joyce To the OP, I apologize for my original thought, but I guess not being from the area, I had no idea that it was a common reference to something familiar to our community.

I also agree with Joyce that "Shaina's P-Patch. A Garden of Fun for your Little One" is a really cute name
kidkair 04:51 PM 01-22-2012
The P-Patch: Cultivating the future.
Lucy 04:54 PM 01-22-2012
Originally Posted by kidkair:
The P-Patch: Cultivating the future.

ShainaRae 01:23 PM 01-23-2012
I agree the name is a little confusing if you're not from the area but I feel like people here will understand. It seems like you are all pretty excited about "a garden of fun for your little one". I like the "cultivating the future" one a lot but maybe not for a daycare. Thank you guys so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

~Shaina
Tags:tagline
Reply Up