Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I know we all make mistakes, but I'm kicking myself!
Unregistered 05:25 AM 03-17-2015
Idiot. I am an idiot. DCM texts me 2 days ago - DCG has a lower fever, what is your policy? I copy/paste the policy and send it back in text. She says thank you. Next AM she tells me she is keeping DCG home due to her being tired and cranky even though she hadn't broken the 100 degree mark (She was at 99.8). This meant I had no DCKs since the others are gone for the day with Spring Break/teachers kids/etc. THAT caused me to make a bad decision.

DCM texts me, "DCG is feeling fine, no fever, can she come over for 2 hours so we can go to an ultrasound (she is 37 weeks)?" .... "Ok."

Dangit. Now my DD has a fever this AM of 102 even though DCG seemed pretty much fine yesterday. Of course DCM is like "Sorry! Well DCG never had a fever THAT high so she must have not got it from her."

Moments like these I really want to make parents pay for my sick days as I take a pay hit because that DCG came while DCM knew she wasn't feeling well and spread germs. But then I remind myself what a very very very unintelligent daycare provider I was being and that's what caused this - Parents will always make bad choices, I am suppose to make the right ones.

UGH. Look! I just flushed over $200 down the drain today because I let a possibly sick DCK in my door.
Up