Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Unemployment
Firefly 08:34 AM 04-01-2020
Has anyone filed for unemployment? Do we even qualify? My state ordered all daycares close with the only exception caring for children of essential workers. I’ve been closed for two weeks now. Parents paid 50% but this is the last week I’m charging anyone. I’m thinking some parents might even want a refund on that if I can’t be open for a while.
CountryRoads 10:08 AM 04-01-2020
I'm under the impression since we're self employed, we do not qualify for unemployment.

However, I think I saw somewhere on this board that someone said under the stimulus package that we could apply for unemployment? Not sure of the details on that.

I just received an email today about the "Paycheck Protection Program" for small businesses. It's a small interest loan to cover expenses. There's a lot more to it. It may be worth checking out.

I'm in the same boat as you. Forced closure, except for essential employees. I've been closed for the past 2 weeks and will be closed for another 2 weeks (at least), per our state health order. I have not charged for the closure. If it gets extended, I'm not sure what I will do. Thankfully my husband is still working his normal job and is salaried. I wonder how long this is going to continue!
Second Home 10:30 AM 04-01-2020
Here in MD we will be able to collect unemployment , I'm not sure if it's just a MD thing or Nationwide . The system for self employed is not set up yet and will take a week or two.

My husband is also a salaried employee , he was just told they are cutting his hours and pay. It really sucks because we were going to be ok without my income because he still getting his normal pay while working from home. But now I'm worried.
284878 05:14 AM 04-02-2020
http://tomcopelandblog.com/are-famil...yment-benefits
Reimel61 10:59 AM 04-14-2020
Has anyone in Maryland tried to apply for unemployment?? I tried online and wasn't able to complete the form because the form wants you to list your work history. I don't think the form is applicable to those of us that are self employed and believe we will have to call in for initial signup. Anyone in MD have any experience? Thanks
Snowmom 11:47 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Reimel61:
Has anyone in Maryland tried to apply for unemployment?? I tried online and wasn't able to complete the form because the form wants you to list your work history. I don't think the form is applicable to those of us that are self employed and believe we will have to call in for initial signup. Anyone in MD have any experience? Thanks
I'm not MD, but if it's like my state, you need to input "self-employment" under work history (we had to search that specific title with the hyphen and all). Then continue on with your business info.
There should be a step by step guide your state has put out to outline their process for the CARES act.
Tags:covid-19, pandemic - subsidy, subsidy, unemployment
Reply Up