Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Turn...Another Website :)
SunflowerMama 04:56 AM 01-27-2011
I'd love any constructive criticism you have!!

Thanks!!

www.littleacornchildcare.net
Little People 05:04 AM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
I'd love any constructive criticism you have!!

Thanks!!

www.littleacornchildcare.net

Very nice!!
DCMomOf3 05:12 AM 01-27-2011
I think it's great!
momofthree 05:12 AM 01-27-2011
I love it. Very nice
jenh171 05:22 AM 01-27-2011
beautiful! One very small thing...I would re-word the activities page to read:

During the year we utilize Mother Goose Time, a professionally designed preschool curriculum for use in preschools, home daycares and childcare centers.

great job!
Childminder 05:52 AM 01-27-2011
I like it, good job!
Lilbutterflie 06:09 AM 01-27-2011
I LOVE it!!! You have a wonderful website.

I have just one little thing... on the daily activities page you say:

"During the year we utilize Mother Goose Time, a professionally designed preschool curriculum for use in preschools, home daycares and childcare centers."

"During the year" seems to be a bit vague. I was left wondering if you used it all year round or just during the school year; and since I didn't see a specified time during the day for it, I was left wondering if it was used all throughout the day?

Good job!
SunflowerMama 07:25 AM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by jenh171:
beautiful! One very small thing...I would re-word the activities page to read:

During the year we utilize Mother Goose Time, a professionally designed preschool curriculum for use in preschools, home daycares and childcare centers.

great job!
I changed it. Thanks!!
Michael 03:38 PM 01-27-2011
I like the fact your own your own domain name address. Looks great too.
kendallina 04:15 PM 01-27-2011
I love everything about your site! Love it love it love it!!

I have a question...do you have families that take you up on the mom's day out program? Do they have to come every week or is more like drop-in? Also, how do you advertise for the mom's day out? Thanks!
jenh171 04:32 PM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
I like the fact your own your own domain name address. Looks great too.
I totally agree. I really should shell out the $40 for my own domain. I really don't like the "weebly" in my address. It's cheesy.
Michael 05:21 PM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by jenh171:
I totally agree. I really should shell out the $40 for my own domain. I really don't like the "weebly" in my address. It's cheesy.
$40 is way too much. You can find deals around $10 a year. Then you just URL forward your domain name to the weebly address. You will see your domain name in the URL but actually be looking at the weebly page. It's called URL forwarding.
SunflowerMama 05:24 PM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
$40 is way too much. You can find deals around $10 a year. Then you just URL forward your domain name to the weebly address. You will see your domain name in the URL but actually be looking at the weebly page. It's called URL forwarding.
I think that's what I did. I don't remember paying $40 for it .
SunflowerMama 05:29 PM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by kendallina:
I love everything about your site! Love it love it love it!!

I have a question...do you have families that take you up on the mom's day out program? Do they have to come every week or is more like drop-in? Also, how do you advertise for the mom's day out? Thanks!

The plan was to have them come weekly but no one has really taken me up on it. I have two part time dcks and they planned to do the MDO but went with full days two times a week. When I first added it I just advertised on CL and got a few hits but was full shortly after adding it so just kept it on my site in case I want to go back to it.
Abigail 10:48 PM 01-27-2011
On the Daily Activities page you have words overlapping at the bottom where you mention your blog.

On the What is Eco-Healthy have you thought about turning the web url into a link to view the 30 steps? LOL, I just googled the site and found where you got your green tree with a heart image, cute!

On the About Me page your photo is very close to your last sentence. Are you able to push your picture down slightly?

Michael, I have a question. If I buy my own domain name, how do I keep my information private from online searches when I must register it? I don't want someone to search my domain and get my personal information.
SunflowerMama 11:17 AM 01-28-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
On the Daily Activities page you have words overlapping at the bottom where you mention your blog.

On the What is Eco-Healthy have you thought about turning the web url into a link to view the 30 steps? LOL, I just googled the site and found where you got your green tree with a heart image, cute!

On the About Me page your photo is very close to your last sentence. Are you able to push your picture down slightly?

Michael, I have a question. If I buy my own domain name, how do I keep my information private from online searches when I must register it? I don't want someone to search my domain and get my personal information.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I just went and fixed them all!! Thanks!!
Abigail 11:24 AM 01-28-2011
I like that you put a picture in to click on to bring people to the website, it's very nice to break up writing and keep it flowing well on the page. I might have to ask you for designing advice once I get a site up and going someday.
littlemonkeys 12:18 PM 01-28-2011
I love it!!! Looks great!!
SandeeAR 03:18 PM 01-28-2011
Very nice site.
KEG123 03:28 PM 01-28-2011
I like it a lot!!!
misol 08:12 PM 01-28-2011
Sunflower, your site looks fabulous!
Tags:domain names, website, website review
Reply Up