Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Toys Do You Have?
mountainside13 01:02 PM 02-02-2014
We have 4 large toy boxes, 5 60 gallon tubes, 7 10 or 12 gallon tubes, a bunch of smaller tubs and a ton of large items like play houses, workshop, castles, kitchens, ride ons and a bunch more!! I really want to down size!! We have been rotating toys recently and it has made it a little easier but still a lot of work and stoarge space. Curious as to how many other providers have.
BumbleBee 01:41 PM 02-02-2014
Too many of some and not enough of others. Lol. I know that's not very helpful. I have a lot of manipulatives, a moderate # of ride on toys, 2 Little Tykes/Step 2 houses, 3 slides, tons of outside balls/jumpropes/chalk/hula hoops, too many big blocks, not enough small blocks,and 3 or 4 twenty gallon tubs of other toys.

I have 9 kids enrolled, ranging in age from 8 weeks to 9.5 years.
morgan24 01:42 PM 02-02-2014
I have way to many! I moved last summer and never realized how many I had until I started packing them. I had a large playroom just for daycare and now I'm in a smaller house so I have been rotating them every week. I started to repeat toys after a couple of months. I have a kitchen and all the accessories, a beauty shop, train table, baby beds and two totes of baby stuff, all the little people, house, barn,airport, garage, and ark. Six totes of different blocks. The list goes on and on. One thing I have found was rotating a couple different totes of toys every week is they play really good together. I also rotate table activities, coloring, painting, play-doh and cutting paper and gluing and my group has been easy during all the cold, nasty weather.
Blackcat31 03:43 PM 02-02-2014
enough to fill a two bedroom house and it's 2 stall garage.
CraftyMom 06:41 PM 02-02-2014
We have a lot, but I don't have them all out. I rotate them when the kids seem tired of them. I feel a lot of toys is overwhelming for them and me
spud912 08:29 PM 02-02-2014
Hahaha TOO many!
mountainside13 05:25 AM 02-03-2014
I have to many too! I was just curious how many others had too
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:28 AM 02-03-2014
There are certain things that I am on the look out for But I have a fair amount. (I have closet space along the end wall of playroom and it is full of toys and books) I rotate toys. I have equipment stored upstairs.
Cat Herder 06:05 AM 02-03-2014
I don't even want to think about it.

Attic, storage closet, barn, shed... all full of toys to be rotated in and out as the group grows bored of them.

I notice more behavioral issues begin when the same toys/decor are in the playroom too long. Not to mention changing them for the ages/stages of the group. It is rarely the same playroom twice...

**Never too many toys out at once though as that, too, backfires with behavioral issues...
Kimskiddos 06:08 AM 02-03-2014
Way to many to count. I have many in covered tubs, to be played with one at a time. Plus a whole shelf full in my laundry room. Have a housekeeping center, block center, reading nook and a baby area. One small climber and two rocking horses inside. I rotate toys on the open shelves (have 2) about once a month. Outside is a whole other ball game. lol
mountainside13 06:16 AM 02-03-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I don't even want to think about it.

Attic, storage closet, barn, shed... all full of toys to be rotated in and out as the group grows bored of them.

I notice more behavioral issues begin when the same toys/decor are in the playroom too long. Not to mention changing them for the ages/stages of the group. It is rarely the same playroom twice...

**Never too many toys out at once though as that, too, backfires with behavioral issues...
Wonderful idea! Maybe that's why they were acting out last week! I have a great group of kids but last week was rough for all of us.
Tags:rotate, rotating toys, toys, toys - how many
Reply Up