Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Change Of Hours, Now Drop Off Issues As Well As Pick Up
WImom 06:16 AM 10-19-2011
I have a family that changed hours to 7:00 from 9:00am and now mom drops off instead of dad.

It's been two weeks and twice now:

mom has brought one of the children in their pj's and has changed them here in my bathroom twice.

Potty trained child has had to use my potty twice because she didn't go before she came.

She's also stayed for 15-20 minutes one of the mornings since one of her children didn't want her to leave. When I emailed her later that day about a quick drop off reminder she said she was just staying because she wanted to and wasn't going to see her children until the next day.

Now, there are several drop offs at this time this morning not to mention the kids needing to wash hands in the bathroom for breakfast and them being in there or taking up hallway space and just being in the way for the other drop offs.

Now on a side note this same family takes 15 minutes to leave everynight too, they sit on my stairs (which is right in front of my front door dc door) and chat, kids take forever to get stuff on (These are my very slow pokey kids, 4.5y/3y olds). One night last week they were waiting to meet dad there to go out to eat so they sat and chatted on my steps in front of the door for 10 minutes and then when dad got there started to put on the kids stuff. I had to tell them to move to let another family out the door since they stood there waiting a few minutes.

Yesterday, I told DCG 4y to get ready to go and she ignored me and kept drawing, mom right after says - Oh, what are drawing _____?. I just walked away. Which DCG ended up taking 5 minutes to come get her stuff on and it ended in a tantrum to go. Mom does this all the time to me and I'm done. If they end up being the last family here because they take forever I'm going tell them they need to leave now because I'm closed.

I've tried getting them ready ahead but she comes at different times in a 15m window.

So...how do I nicely say get your kids ready at home!!! I'll address the long pickups another time.

PS...thanks for letting me vent!
Crystal 06:39 AM 10-19-2011
"I need you to have your children dressed and ready before you arrive. The potty is very busy in the morning and getting them dressed here holds up the line"

Have the children ready to go before parent arrives to pick up. 10 minutes before you expect the parent have children potty, get jackets/shoes/whatever on, and SIT DOWN with a book while waiting. Let the CHILD know that they are to leave when Mom/Dad arrives and that there will be no drawing/playing etc.

Just take control of the situation, or it will never get better
morgan24 06:58 AM 10-19-2011
I would address both issues at the same time. I would say something like I noticed your having a hard time getting the kids to leave so 15 minutes before you come I'm going to have them get ready and they can read a book while waiting for you, that way they will be ready to go and it should make it easier for you. Then I would do the same thing for mornings that in order to make it easier on the kids they need to come dressed and go potty before arriving. That way you can just drop them at the door and it will be easier on them. I like to word it so they think that I'm doing them a favor. Hopefully you can nip this in the bud before it gets to out of hand.
Tags:drop off issues, drop off policy, pick up issues, pick up policy
Reply Up