Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>First Year Filing Taxes for Business
Unregistered 09:11 AM 10-24-2011
So, I am a bit lost as far as my taxes go. But I have some time to get caught up with my tax information and things I need to track, etc for the daycare.

So, I've tried many different programs to track my expenses and haven't found a program that works well. Or it costs hundreds of dollars to buy the program. That is not feasible for me.

I have all the information I need in regards to tracking things individually ie: Utilites, food, toys and other day care expenses. I just need a way to get it all put together for taxes. Especially the receipts. Right now they're in a shoe box! ugh.

What is a great program to use? Or are there several. I keep seeing "MMK" in the forum but I can't find what that means.
Toni's Tots 02:05 PM 10-24-2011
Minute Menu Kids
TomCopeland 03:23 PM 10-24-2011
You can use Minute Menu (www.minutemenu.com) or use Redleaf Calendar-Keeper (www.redleafpress.org) which has monthly charts to record your expenses and lists of expense categories so you can organize your receipts into categories that also appear on the tax forms.

My book Family Child Care Record Keeping Guide lists over 1,000 allowable business deductions and lists each deduction under an expense category that matches your tax forms.
Mrs. CC 09:15 AM 10-25-2011
but I just bought your book Mr. Tom Copeland. Thank you for your information on these boards!!!
wdmmom 01:53 PM 10-25-2011
Where can I buy this book?!
TomCopeland 05:35 PM 10-25-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Where can I buy this book?!
www.nafcc.org or www.redleafpress.org or www.amazon.com
Unregistered 12:54 PM 10-29-2011
I downloaded the Minute Menu Kids and it has been AMAZING! I'm buying the tax book today as well. Thank you!!
Mrs. CC 06:59 PM 10-29-2011
I too downloaded MMK and love it. I bought the book and already read it. I plan to keep reading and rereading it so I have all the info firm in my mind!!!
kchbmw 07:20 AM 01-05-2012
My book Family Child Care Record Keeping Guide lists over 1,000 allowable business deductions and lists each deduction under an expense category that matches your tax forms.[/quote]

When will the 2011 book be available for purchase? Tried to purchase today and it did not come up on the website for purchase.
Blackcat31 07:34 AM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by kchbmw:
My book Family Child Care Record Keeping Guide lists over 1,000 allowable business deductions and lists each deduction under an expense category that matches your tax forms.
When will the 2011 book be available for purchase? Tried to purchase today and it did not come up on the website for purchase.[/quote]

http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/toms-books-.html

The 2011 one are shown available here for purchase. Don't know if it is the one you are looking for but the photos all show 2011.
TomCopeland 04:14 PM 01-05-2012
My 2011 Family Child Care Tax Workbook and 2011 Family Child Care Tax Companion will be available from Redleaf Press within the next week. Tom
Tags:deductions, minute menu kids, mmk, tax software, tom copeland
Reply Up