Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCF Is Quitting Via Text
Provider_Manda 05:31 AM 01-28-2016
So yesterday evening I came down with a terrible stomach bug. I made the decision to close for the day, trust me it was the best thing to do. Well my dcf that I've had some issues with (vaccine reaction, snack drawer etc.) decided to send me a text last informing me that she is going to be taking them to a center, and did state require a 1-2 wks notice. Already sick, and not wanting to deal with it, I told her 2 wks. She then writes me back late last night and says, you know it's nothing personal right?
Well under the circumstances, the way it was handled I do feel irate. Dh is happy, but I have had this family's kids for 4 1/2 years. I'm aggravated that she done it that way. How it was said. Just on and on. I feel like I should just chalk up my loss and say don't worry about the two weeks. How should I respond to her personal comment? I don't want my feeling to get in the way. I guess I need to start advertising two opens.. Which I don't want to do. But I'm losing over $200/week now
This family has been giving me fits for probably the 4 1/2 years I've had them, but I'm connected to the kids and I just feel like my services meant nothing if you can't even tell me in person.
Rockgirl 06:02 AM 01-28-2016
I agree....that is a lousy way to give notice. I'm sorry that's how they chose to deal with it after being with you for so long. And if this family had so much trouble following policies with you, they are likely in for a very rude awakening at a center!

Hopefully a wonderful family will sign up soon!
Blackcat31 06:05 AM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
So yesterday evening I came down with a terrible stomach bug. I made the decision to close for the day, trust me it was the best thing to do. Well my dcf that I've had some issues with (vaccine reaction, snack drawer etc.) decided to send me a text last informing me that she is going to be taking them to a center, and did state require a 1-2 wks notice. Already sick, and not wanting to deal with it, I told her 2 wks. She then writes me back late last night and says, you know it's nothing personal right?
Well under the circumstances, the way it was handled I do feel irate. Dh is happy, but I have had this family's kids for 4 1/2 years. I'm aggravated that she done it that way. How it was said. Just on and on. I feel like I should just chalk up my loss and say don't worry about the two weeks. How should I respond to her personal comment? I don't want my feeling to get in the way. I guess I need to start advertising two opens.. Which I don't want to do. But I'm losing over $200/week now
This family has been giving me fits for probably the 4 1/2 years I've had them, but I'm connected to the kids and I just feel like my services meant nothing if you can't even tell me in person.
Her comments about it not being personal ARE meant to be that one final dig to you about who SHE really thinks runs the show. It was meant to tick you off and she succeeded.

I wouldnt have expected anything less from her.

If I were you, I would be nothing but 100% professional and would inform her very matter of factly that yes, she does owe you in FULL for two weeks and that it needs to be paid by X date.

I would not discuss any sadness in regards to the child leaving nor would I mention her rude behavior (in regards to how she gave notice) and act like it's just any other day.

I guarantee you she will make more comments about the personal relationship you/her kid has etc and about feelings but I would simply not acknowledge them any more than to say something like "Yes, it can be tough but over the years I've learned that this is business and since family's needs change all the time I've gotten used to it. I will miss Susie but I wish you guys lots of luck at the center."

The continued comments will happen. She wants it to be about her and she wants to be the center of attention and the one driving this bus. If I were you I'd be two steps ahead of her the whole time and if she gives you ANY trouble the last two weeks, I'd term immediately on the spot.

I think considering the grief this family has given you, you should be rejoicing that they are leaving. The comfort is that she (DCM) will find out pretty quickly at a center that she is NOT in charge and that the grass is not always greener on the other side.
Leigh 06:59 AM 01-28-2016
Really, this family has been giving you fits. Perhaps, subconsciously, you're upset that YOU weren't the one that severed the relationship, given that you have had many reasons to do so. It hurts a little when you have let things go, tried to work it out, and the other person is the one to end it.
MunchkinWrangler 07:03 AM 01-28-2016
I agree with Blackcat 100%. Take all the emotion out of it. What she did was lousy but don't react, just act.

Require the 2 weeks paid whether the child attends or not, get it in writing. Wash your hands. Sounds like this family has been a thorn in your side as it is so it's for the best.

Make new policies and make them clear with the families you'll be interviewing, now you know what you really won't put up with, i.e. taking snacks out of the kitchen drawer, not picking up their child when requested, etc.

It's truly a blessing in disguise! Get well soon!
mommyneedsadayoff 08:09 AM 01-28-2016
"Nope, it is business! Final two weeks payment is due XX date. Good luck at the new center!"

Just like BC said, don't let her know she got to you a little and be happy that you are done with her craziness! And boy does she ever have a wake up call when it comes to going to a center! Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if you get a text in a few months to see if you can watch her kids again And now is the time to be picky and very thorough when choosing the new families! Find one who give you the least amount of drama as possible!
midaycare 08:30 AM 01-28-2016
BC is 100% right.

I had a situation where a family left me, only not by text. Just a casual, "Hey, we're going to the YMCA because they do more with the kids there." I was ticked. I do curriculum, music, art, Spanish, ZooPhonics, Emotional Intelligence, etc. I have 7 acres to play on and a floor of my home exclusively devoted to daycare. Not to mention healthy food.

Dck lasted 2 weeks. She was difficult, and I was honest when dck acted out (probably the real reason they left). The YMCA called for pickup every single day because dck was so out of control. After two weeks they had to find someone to come to their home to babysit. *Feeling smug*
laundrymom 09:40 AM 01-28-2016
"Yes dcm, two weeks is in our contract and why would I think this were personal? We are not friends. I provide a service to families and needs change all the time. Be sure to bring a signed, written termination letter with dates and the final two week payment when you drop off tomorrow."
thrivingchildcarecom 09:50 AM 01-28-2016
It is hard sometimes to not take it personally, but that is the best thing to do. Do you have a Withdrawal Policy or form? If not, maybe think about creating one. I post mine on the website so that when the time comes, they can fill it out and submit it. I HATE doing any business transactions through text! I think its unprofessional and impersonal. The form handles all that. Also, make sure you indicate the two week notice in your contract as well. I made the decision to require a two week deposit at enrollment many years ago to avoid being left in the lurch. I actually had more than one parent go on vacation and never return! The two week deposit really works.
Ariana 06:06 PM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Her comments about it not being personal ARE meant to be that one final dig to you about who SHE really thinks runs the show. It was meant to tick you off and she succeeded.

I wouldnt have expected anything less from her.

If I were you, I would be nothing but 100% professional and would inform her very matter of factly that yes, she does owe you in FULL for two weeks and that it needs to be paid by X date.

I would not discuss any sadness in regards to the child leaving nor would I mention her rude behavior (in regards to how she gave notice) and act like it's just any other day.

I guarantee you she will make more comments about the personal relationship you/her kid has etc and about feelings but I would simply not acknowledge them any more than to say something like "Yes, it can be tough but over the years I've learned that this is business and since family's needs change all the time I've gotten used to it. I will miss Susie but I wish you guys lots of luck at the center."

The continued comments will happen. She wants it to be about her and she wants to be the center of attention and the one driving this bus. If I were you I'd be two steps ahead of her the whole time and if she gives you ANY trouble the last two weeks, I'd term immediately on the spot.

I think considering the grief this family has given you, you should be rejoicing that they are leaving. The comfort is that she (DCM) will find out pretty quickly at a center that she is NOT in charge and that the grass is not always greener on the other side.
^^^ Well said! She will look back at her time with you and realize she was such an idiot. Trust me. A Centre is not going to put up with her bs.
Ariana 06:06 PM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
"Yes dcm, two weeks is in our contract and why would I think this were personal? We are not friends. I provide a service to families and needs change all the time. Be sure to bring a signed, written termination letter with dates and the final two week payment when you drop off tomorrow."
Love this!
Provider_Manda 07:20 PM 01-28-2016
She messaged me earlier today asking if I was mad, then texted later to see if I was reopening tomorrow.
I just gave short simple replies. We shall see how. She acts tomorrow.
MunchkinWrangler 07:26 PM 01-28-2016
She messaged me earlier today asking if I was mad, then texted later to see if I was reopening tomorrow.
I just gave short simple replies. We shall see how. She acts tomorrow.
Yep, she is doing exactly what BC said. She is trying to get the upper hand. I swear people have nothing else better to do but have a ton of drama in their lives.
Good job on the short answers! Just be really professional, have a permasmile and shorten all interaction until she is gone. I had to do this with someone that termed with me, I was pretty upset as I thought the mom had her head in the clouds a little bit and I could tell she really didn't want her son in daycare at all. I gave great care, every interaction was upbeat and I greeted her with a smile and the same interest in her life as I had always done. Then I washed my hands of it and added some new policies
SnowGirl 07:40 PM 01-28-2016
Keep up the simple replies. When she says it's not personal, you should literally not be personal at all. Just be 100% business. Whenever I'm dealing with dramatic people (in life or in business), I don't even acknowledge those attention seeking statements ("It's not personal" "Are you mad?"). I only give the essential information and remain completely relaxed (on the outside).

I'm so sorry about all the crap you've been through with her. It'll be over soon!
Provider_Manda 06:34 AM 01-29-2016
So this morning she informs me that she contacted her county caseworker and she told her there is no requirement of a notice when our parent/provider agreement says caregiver shall give at least a 10 written notice 😡 I'm on hold now with the state office, why do I need to worry about paperwork, if they are not going to in force it!
laundrymom 06:45 AM 01-29-2016
Do you not have a contract? Whatever it says is what she agreed to when she signed it.
Provider_Manda 06:56 AM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Do you not have a contract? Whatever it says is what she agreed to when she signed it.
Yes I do.
MunchkinWrangler 06:57 AM 01-29-2016
If she signed your contract ,it is legally enforceable no matter what the case worker says. I know there are rules you have to follow but any contract signed between provider and parent is legally binding. For all you know, she didn't talk to anyone and is just playing games.

This mom sounds like a nightmare and I would not be very accepting of this behavior at all. This just goes to show that with everything you had to put up with from her was a huge sign of disrespect. She has done nothing but try to sway her authority over you. You are the boss, not her.
Play Care 07:03 AM 01-29-2016
Today is her last day. Period.

At pick up I'd hand her child out the door with a:

"Mom, as you do not want to pay your contractually obligated two week notice, care is finished today."

And have the formal term letter in the bag.

Then, shut the front door.
laundrymom 07:03 AM 01-29-2016
This.

Her contract w whatever person she's talking to is between them and her. Her contract w you is what you're enforcing.

Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
If she signed your contract ,it is legally enforceable no matter what the case worker says. I know there are rules you have to follow but any contract signed between provider and parent is legally binding. For all you know, she didn't talk to anyone and is just playing games.

This mom sounds like a nightmare and I would not be very accepting of this behavior at all. This just goes to show that with everything you had to put up with from her was a huge sign of disrespect. She has done nothing but try to sway her authority over you. You are the boss, not her.

Blackcat31 07:11 AM 01-29-2016
So this morning she informs me that she contacted her county caseworker and she told her there is no requirement of a notice when our parent/provider agreement says caregiver shall give at least a 10 written notice 😡 I'm on hold now with the state office, why do I need to worry about paperwork, if they are not going to in force it!
You do not need to discuss this with the state or county.

It has nothing to do with them and EVERYTHING to do with the agreement DCM signed upon enrollment.

Type up the final bill for the two weeks.

Give it to her today and tell her she needs to arrive Monday morning WITH the two weeks payment IN FULL in CASH or DCG will NOT be allowed to stay.

If she fails to show up on Monday morning, then you can proceed to make arrangements for further collection action.
Do not discuss this with her any more. She is trying to bait you into a discussion/disagreement/drama-filled tug-of-war and it honestly has NOTHING to do with the money and everything to do with attention.

You did not bite when she dangled the "personal" concept so she is going to continue trying to be trouble in any way she can just to garner that sought after attention.

Two weeks payment IN FULL IN CASH ON MONDAY AT DROP OFF (or today at pick up if you require payments on Fridays) or NO SERVICES. Period. End of story.

If she balks, I would honestly just tell her to go. GO NOW.

Close the door and be done.

If you can't afford to lose that income, then you can pursue other avenues to collect.
Blackcat31 07:13 AM 01-29-2016
She already acknowledged that she is aware that she owes you two weeks notice. She confirmed it in her original text.
Provider_Manda 07:17 AM 01-29-2016
She already acknowledged that she is aware that she owes you two weeks notice. She confirmed it in her original text.
She pays me nothing it's all through the state. Ohio redone there poverty levels so she does not even have a copay. But your right she knew about it.
Play Care 07:27 AM 01-29-2016
You do not need to discuss this with the state or county.

It has nothing to do with them and EVERYTHING to do with the agreement DCM signed upon enrollment.

Type up the final bill for the two weeks.

Give it to her today and tell her she needs to arrive Monday morning WITH the two weeks payment IN FULL in CASH or DCG will NOT be allowed to stay.

If she fails to show up on Monday morning, then you can proceed to make arrangements for further collection action.
Do not discuss this with her any more. She is trying to bait you into a discussion/disagreement/drama-filled tug-of-war and it honestly has NOTHING to do with the money and everything to do with attention.

You did not bite when she dangled the "personal" concept so she is going to continue trying to be trouble in any way she can just to garner that sought after attention.

Two weeks payment IN FULL IN CASH ON MONDAY AT DROP OFF (or today at pick up if you require payments on Fridays) or NO SERVICES. Period. End of story.

If she balks, I would honestly just tell her to go. GO NOW.

Close the door and be done.

If you can't afford to lose that income, then you can pursue other avenues to collect.

MunchkinWrangler 07:31 AM 01-29-2016
Honestly, at this point I would just term immediately. I wouldn't put up with this push and pull game. I would even go as far to term right now, tell her to pick up immediately and any texts or any other communication block, don't answer, whatever you can do to just end it and be completely done with her.

If you hear anything from the county, tell them she breached her contract with you and she has been harassing you and you don't want her to contact you anymore. I'm sure she will do this once you get the upper hand.
Cat Herder 07:50 AM 01-29-2016
My bet is that the state confirmed the 2 X 0 = 0.

She has paid you nothing since day one, so a two week payment from her is 0.

I doubt the state will be willing to pay more than one minute of unused time, they will have to pay her new provider.

I'd meet her at the door with DCK's things and tell her it is nothing personal, just business.
Unregistered 08:02 AM 01-29-2016
Do yourself a big favor and save yourself the stress and aggrivation. Be done today. When she picks up have all of their stuff waiting for them at the door. Have them ready and term her immediately.
mommyneedsadayoff 08:40 AM 01-29-2016
Is the kids there today? If so, I agree that you should pack up their stuff and tell her goodbye and good luck at pick up. And then breathe a sigh of relief that she is gone!
Rockgirl 08:47 AM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
Honestly, at this point I would just term immediately. I wouldn't put up with this push and pull game. I would even go as far to term right now, tell her to pick up immediately and any texts or any other communication block, don't answer, whatever you can do to just end it and be completely done with her.

If you hear anything from the county, tell them she breached her contract with you and she has been harassing you and you don't want her to contact you anymore. I'm sure she will do this once you get the upper hand.
I agree--I would be done now.
laundrymom 09:56 AM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Do yourself a big favor and save yourself the stress and aggrivation. Be done today. When she picks up have all of their stuff waiting for them at the door. Have them ready and term her immediately.
Yes. If you want. And then notify state that she left owing you two weeks. That she refuses to pay.
Here, people get kicked off vouchers for this.
SnowGirl 10:07 AM 01-29-2016
Term her today. No notice is necessary. Her case worker told her that, after all.
daycare 10:17 AM 01-29-2016
this is why I refuse to take state paid, among a million other reasons, but I agree with the others, this has nothing to do with the state at all.

I would not allow one more second of care to take place until this was taken care of.
Annalee 10:21 AM 01-29-2016
I do not take state paid children because the subsidy offices here DO NOT support how I charge..they tell clients that "they don't have to do that"....... Well, I guess they will need to find other daycare then won't they!
Thriftylady 10:58 AM 01-29-2016
It amazes me some how differently each state handles this. In some states, providers are not allowed to charge the client a penny, in others the state will allow and even almost enforce your contract.

It is why I am not licensed in Ohio. The only real reason to get that way was to take subsidy payments and honestly they are not worth the hassle to me.
Unregistered 11:19 AM 01-29-2016
Keep that text. It will help you if you go to collections.
sharlan 11:21 AM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

I doubt the state will be willing to pay more than one minute of unused time, they will have to pay her new provider.

I'd meet her at the door with DCK's things and tell her it is nothing personal, just business.
This is it in a nutshell. I would kindly hand her her children at pickup along with a termination letter and the children's belongings. End of story and move on.
e.j. 12:09 PM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

I love the suggestion of terming her and telling her it's not personal - just business but then I went back and re-read the info highlighted below:

So basically....you can't term on the spot. You, as the caregiver have to provide her with 10 days written notice but she doesn't have to provide noticed at all???
Thriftylady 12:40 PM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I love the suggestion of terming her and telling her it's not personal - just business but then I went back and re-read the info highlighted below:

So basically....you can't term on the spot. You, as the caregiver have to provide her with 10 days written notice but she doesn't have to provide noticed at all???
Honestly if she refused to pay my notice period as per her contract, I would say she termed herself. No pay, no stay!
mommyneedsadayoff 01:20 PM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by e.j.:

I read that too, but the provider is not the one terminating care, the mom is, so can't she just be done today? I took it as though the mom wants to start new care on monday, not do a two week notice, so I would think the OP could be done today and that will make everyone happy. Not sure if I am reading it all correctly, but I hope you can be done today OP! That mom is not worth the headache!
Provider_Manda 06:31 AM 02-06-2016
So just doing an update.. I allowed her to finish out her two weeks, after her county caseworker admitted her mistake. I'm sticking it out bc that will be $400 for my family. She has made remarks as to "I don't know how'll they will do" and " why can't our schedules work out" well yesterday topped it all. I text her to bring enough diapers and wipes to finish out the week. Her reply was" have you filled their spots yet?, I've been crying and just sick over moving them.i don't think I can" my reply was, yes I fillied one spot already. New baby starts Monday." And then I assured her that it may take some time but that they will adjust. I honestly hated to type that, I've had these kids since birth and I truly love them. But I cannot and will not be her door mate anymore. Did I say the right thing?? I'm just kinda beating myself up over all of this.
sharlan 06:59 AM 02-06-2016
YES!!!! You did the right thing.
Josiegirl 08:01 AM 02-06-2016
I agree with Sharlan!! If you were to take them back now, that would essentially be telling dcm she can call the shots. She should have thought of that in the beginning. I let my emotions in so much with this profession(probably too much at times)but once they give notice there is no coming back. It'd be too easy for them to put you through this all over again.
Josiegirl 08:06 AM 02-06-2016
Just wanted to add:
To answer your question I think what you said was just fine.
I know you're connected to the kids and that's the hard part but you know what?? Monday a new baby starts and you will bond with that child too. And you will soon fill the other spot with another child. And those new kids will capture your heart.
Ariana 03:11 PM 02-06-2016
It's unfortunate that some great kids have asshats for parents. You did good! She needs to know she can't treat good people like this. Abusers need to be put in their place. Good for you for being strong on this. She is trying to manipulate you.
Provider_Manda 05:23 PM 02-06-2016
I seen her today and she started crying. I felt bad, but reminded her that she is the one that put her 2 wk notice in.
sharlan 06:18 PM 02-06-2016
STAY STRONG! If you back down you will forever be at her mercy.
sharlan 06:40 PM 02-06-2016
Play Care 11:21 AM 02-07-2016
Originally Posted by sharlan:

I know I'm kind of the odd ball here in that I view this strictly as business. I like all the kids in my care...while they're here.

But at the end of the day, this is how I earn my living. If a child or family isn't working out, they have to go.
The reality is that they are not *my* kids and can/will leave at any time. I hope it's due to natural aging out, but moves, cheaper care, SAHP's, etc are always a possibility that I need to be aware of.

I've been doing this for over 10 years and I can honestly say that once a family has moved on (even under the best circumstances) it's out of sight, out of mind.

Stay strong! Once they are gone and you have your sanity back you'll wonder why you put up with it for so long.
Ariana 08:01 AM 02-08-2016
I seen her today and she started crying. I felt bad, but reminded her that she is the one that put her 2 wk notice in.
I bet she always cries to get her own way
Cat Herder 11:54 AM 02-08-2016
Don't fall for it. Do what is best for your family.
Attached: manipulation.jpg (68.8 KB) 
AmyKidsCo 01:03 PM 02-08-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:

I know I'm kind of the odd ball here in that I view this strictly as business. I like all the kids in my care...while they're here.

But at the end of the day, this is how I earn my living. If a child or family isn't working out, they have to go.
The reality is that they are not *my* kids and can/will leave at any time. I hope it's due to natural aging out, but moves, cheaper care, SAHP's, etc are always a possibility that I need to be aware of.

I've been doing this for over 10 years and I can honestly say that once a family has moved on (even under the best circumstances) it's out of sight, out of mind.

Stay strong! Once they are gone and you have your sanity back you'll wonder why you put up with it for so long.
I'm with you. I love my kids while they're with me, and even after, but I always remember that I provide a service for their parents and when push comes to shove parents do what's best for them. That means they may give notice right before my paid vacation, term at the beginning of summer to get high priority for 4K, quit work or go to PT to save on child care fees, etc, etc, etc.

ITA that it's my living, but more than that, it's my life. I spend 50 hours with the children and more than that on related work, so a child/family that causes too much stress isn't worth it. It may take a while, but there are always other children out there.
Unregistered 03:46 PM 02-09-2016
I had this happen to me the week my Mom died while I was closed!!!! And a very long term client to boot. To say I was shocked was an understatement. Hurt, ticked off, and confused about cover it.
biglou 05:19 PM 02-09-2016
Ms. Provider Manda

Sorry to hear about your issue. Many good replies here. One thing you and everyone else needs to remember: You are running a business-just because it is in your home does not make it any less of a business! That being said, here are a few thoughts I have based on the experience my wife and I have running our home-based pre-school:

* If you take on customers, that use third-party payment (like the welfare, union reimbursement payment, etc...) make sure you use contracts that explicitly state the customer is responsible for payment of all fees, and that payments received from any 3rd party will be applied to the customer's bill! If the 3rd party chooses to not pay, does not mean you are not entitled to it! The parent agreed to the terms and is obligated, but this obligation does not necessarily pass on to the 3rd party, which is what the case worker was responding to the mother with.

Why do it this way... well many people that do not pay their own way for a service can develop a sense of disconnect from what is their responsibility!

As mentioned by others, you had an agreement with the mom and not the state! If you have a signed contract detailing a 2-week notice, and she signed it, then enforce it. If your contract is not clear or vague, then use this as a learning opportunity to clean up your contract.

How to move forward?

Learn from this experience. Never to old to learn new things. If you need to continue working with families paying with money from the state or other subsidy, then write up the agreement like I said above and get a deposit equal to 2 weeks to cover yourself. How?...Just ask for it. If they gripe...work with them. Tack on $50 up front when they sign on. Let them pay you $20 per week or what ever you can get on an installment plan. Always inform them this money is refundable to them as long as they comply with your contract! If you really believe it is too hard to get it, then call it something else! An Art & Supply fee, early drop off fee, more coffee fee, what ever it takes to get the deposit to protect your income.

You are the boss. you make the rules. Dont take it personal. It's just business. Also, no one mentioned it from what I saw, but I remember you said it was 2 kids you lost? Well, this just proves even more why you need the protection of the deposit! I would go so far to protect myself even more and say any family that wants you to care for multiple kids and get their multiple kid discount also provide 4 weeks of deposit, one deposit for each kid! Again-it is refundable as long as they do the right thing! Heck, if the kids go to separate daycares, they would have the pay the deposit anyway.

Hey-wish you the best in finding new families!

Best Wishes,

Big Lou
Provider_Manda 04:18 PM 02-10-2016
Thanks everyone. I'm down to two days left!! Dcm has texted about the oldest who's 5 1/2 cried when she found out. At drop off has really tried to make me feel bad. But I just continue to remind her it was her choice, not mine.
MunchkinWrangler 06:59 PM 02-10-2016
Thanks everyone. I'm down to two days left!! Dcm has texted about the oldest who's 5 1/2 cried when she found out. At drop off has really tried to make me feel bad. But I just continue to remind her it was her choice, not mine.
She must have short term memory problems. It's like she doesn't even acknowledge the fact that she made the decision and you're just following through with her request. I hope your next family is awesome! Hang in there!
Provider_Manda 02:18 PM 02-12-2016
Well everyone I did it! I finished out the 2 weeks. Today I did cry, those kids were like my own. But we have goodbye hugs and kisses. Mom gave me some sweet and thoughtful goodbye gifts, which meant a lot. I think she finally realized that she done the wrong thing. But she is an adult, and has to follow through what she wanted to do in the first place.
Attached: image.jpg (102.4 KB) 
knoxmomof2 06:04 PM 02-12-2016
I *think* you'll find that this is a bigger blessing than you realize. That happened with me this Summer and I'm much happier with the replacement. Nothing major happened, the Mom had a baby and decided to stay home. It wasn't until after it ended that I realized that they just weren't a good "fit" for me.
Tags:family - leaving, parents - do crazy things, subsidy - ohio, texting
Reply Up