Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-14-2020, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Temperatures

How often do you check temperatures? I take them throughout the day and had a parent walk in as I was doing a temp check and she seemed very caught off guard when I told her I check throughout the day.

I explained that dosing and dropping is a problem I've had in the past, hence the temp checks. She said "oh, as a working parent I understand that." *insert eye roll*

Anyways, how often do you check?
Old 12-14-2020, 03:54 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Upon arrival (730), before lunch (1100), after nap (300).

4 hours and 8 hours, respectively. Acetaminophen is 4 hours, ibuprofen in 8 hours.

I did this pre-covid, but now most people understand why.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:02 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I also have in my contract that doping and droping will result in immediate termination of contract.

I will 100% tell other parents that is why they are out if asked. Exposing other families, knowingly, is shameful at the least and criminal at the most.

Tortious interference, a common law economic tort, occurs when one party interferes with the contracts or relationships of another party with the intent of causing economic harm.

Mens Rea and the Four Levels of Intent

The first level of mens rea is intentionally.
The second level is knowingly.
Third level is recklessly.
The fourth level is criminal negligence.

Last edited by Cat Herder; 12-14-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Tags
acetaminophen, dope and drop, dope; drop, health checks, ibuprofen, motrin, temperature, tylenol, tylenol doping