Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>One Sided Argument In Driveway
lovemykidstoo 05:13 PM 01-19-2017
So today I'm out with 5 kids in my driveway playing. My son parks at the end of our driveway because my parents do not know how to drive and always park right in the middle of my 2 lane driveway so he can't get past them. So to avoid that, he now parks on the one side at the end.

So, the grandfather of a dcg pulls in right next to my son at the end of the driveway, then for some reason that I didn't know of at the time, pulls back out and backs into the street and all of a sudden skids his tires a bit and parks on the road. At the same time another parent is sitting in front of the house in the road. Grandpa gets out of the car that is now parked on the street and extends his arms and yells "dude, I don't know where you're trying to go". The dcd then pulls into the driveway. Probably surprising to grandpa because it's the first time he's picked up. He probably thought that my dcd was just someone driving by. So when he says that, I say "he's coming here" in not so nice of a tone. Couldn't believe he talked to one of my daycare parents that way. Then grandpa tries to walk between my sons car and dcd's car and there's no room, so he again throws his hands up and says "I was trying to avoid walking in the mud, and now I can't get through here either, so I guess I'll have to walk through the mud anyway and walks back around the other side of my sons car. So at first I didn't know why he backed out of the driveway and when he said that I realized he would have been stepping in mud if he had parked in the driveway. I promptly handed his his granddaughter and he went to his car, I went in house and got her bag, handed it to him and said have a great night and walked away. Then apologized to dcd that got chewed on. I have never had this happen. Should i forget about it?
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 05:26 PM 01-19-2017
Honestly... not much advice from me... but reading this, sounds like something my dad would do. I laughed for that fact only. He was just a grumpy old man. Personally, if he rarely picks up, and DCD was able to shrug it off, I'd do the same. If he's going to be a regular pick up and the attitude continues, then its time to talk with dck's parents.
Ariana 06:47 AM 01-20-2017
Grmpy old man for sure! Lol. My dad is the same way
Snowmom 08:57 AM 01-20-2017
lol.

Sounds like my old grumpy uncle. Can't please him no matter what you do.

If you don't deal with him very often, I'd just let it go. But if he picks up regularly in the future, I'd tell him that I expect him to model good behavior and talk nicely to others while children are present.
Reply Up